Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Scholar 101 guide floating around anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Scholar 101 guide floating around anywhere?

I'm going to be taking Scholar up as a subjob soon and I wanted to read up on it beforehand. Unfortunately most of the guides I've run across have been either focused solely on endgame environments or sorely lacking, consisting of little more than a gear list. Does anyone one know of a good Scholar for Dummies guide so I can read up on the basics?

It's simply irritating me because Scholar hasn't been out as long as most of the other jobs so it doesn't have quite the same mountain of documentation behind it.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Re: Is there a Scholar 101 guide floating around anywhere?

Well it mostly plays like a hybrid of the mages. I only have experience of 50 levels but theres a few good topics here in the sch section. One you should definately read is omgwtfbbq's topic I think it's called "Stratagem Strategies"

Kanican has a great few posts on his blog which cover sch a little more in depth on the numbers side of the game.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

I've seen Kanican's and while it's awesome stuff, it's a bit much for what I'm aiming to do. I'll check out bbq's thread though, sounds like it might be what I'm looking for.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

When I played as sch, I played it as a nuker/sub healer until I reached level 24. From there, I started to main heal, with mp+ and HMP+ gear on as well.

Sch at lower levels can nuke fairly well, not as well as blm, but still close. Until they get cure II, that's all they should do is nuke and back up heal.

Comment

Working...
        X