What are the popular leveling spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the popular leveling spots?

I know there's several zones to level in, but I'm looking for the ones that draw the most people at levels 30+.

Western Altepa and East Ronfaure (S) were my understanding until 40 or so, maybe Crawler's Nest after? Not sure, but just want the zones where I can expect to find the most parties :D

Re: What are the popular leveling spots?

Campsitarus-- The guide to FFXI xp camps! ^^
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Some of my personal favs for 30-37

Sauromague Champaign (weapon camp near the spine) lvl30-32ish
      Garliage Citadel lvl32-37

After these you can go to Crawlers nest @ 37, but now you can go there around 35, but you'll be there till the low 40's, then move to beetles in the deserts
      | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
      2/5 WAR +2
      Farsha(85)

Comment

Mhurron, I know of that site, but I'm looking for the popular leveling spots. It might differ by server, but I figure that majority of them are similar.

Zoltar; thanks, I'll look into those. What about after low 40's?

Comment

Originally posted by Santana View Post
          Mhurron, I know of that site, but I'm looking for the popular leveling spots. It might differ by server, but I figure that majority of them are similar.

Zoltar; thanks, I'll look into those. What about after low 40's?

That site DOES offer the popular exp sites dude, and they are pretty much the same across the servers. Remember that some camps are more popular than others though because they dont always require a specific job to makes things easier.
          Originally posted by Van Wilder
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
          Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by hexx View Post
            That site DOES offer the popular exp sites dude, and they are pretty much the same across the servers. Remember that some camps are more popular than others though because they dont always require a specific job to makes things easier.
            It also gives unpopular ones. I guess I just want the two differentiated...

(Korroloka Tunnel? Almost no parties there. Jungle is pretty dead these days, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Santana View Post
              It also gives unpopular ones. I guess I just want the two differentiated...

(Korroloka Tunnel? Almost no parties there. Jungle is pretty dead these days, etc.)

The creator of campsitarus set up the site so it shows the most common (i.e. popular) camps, and then alternate camps (not so popular). Popular, unpopular, regardless, exp is exp and if a camp is open, regardless of how popular it is, might as well take it no? You seem to be complaining about dead camps, yet, thats usually what you want, nothing more annoying than losing a chain because the other party is taking mobs too.
              Originally posted by Van Wilder
              Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
              Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by hexx View Post
                regardless, exp is exp and if a camp is open, regardless of how popular it is, might as well take it no?
                I totally agree... when the the other option is solo'n at what is comparably a snail's pace, I'll take any party that is earning more xp than losing due to wipes. I'm hardly in parties that wipe anymore but still. I see where the 'leetists come from but xp is xp is xp.

I like that site BECAUSE it lists the alt-camps. Anyone in chat can come up with the popular ones; but, the ones people have forgotten sometimes are pretty incredible. People have let camps go and forgotten that updates may have made those camps amazing due to job changes and everything else.
                FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I'm convinced that Campsitarus is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Sorry, I think I'm wording it wrong, but it's fine. I meant, the popular areas (not camps) for leveling so I can put up my LFG flag in those areas and get parties quickly.

Comment

Your best bet is always to either solo with a way to warp back to your home point or if you plan on sitting and waiting for a party, wait in a central location, like Jeuno or the Whitegate. In general it is expected you can get around, no that you'd already be there.

You could be invited almost anywhere, don't limit yourself to picking one area that the party might not have.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Building off what Mhurron said, it's a good idea to pick up all the outpost warps you can.

I find that hanging out in Bastok while waiting on an invite is the optimal placement for me. I can warp to an outpost using the NPC, or I can cast Warp and get back to Jeuno right away and head out from there, whichever's faster.
                        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                        Name: Drjones
                        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Working...
                        X