Failed to initialize Direct3D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to initialize Direct3D?

I'm an ASUS-U81 laptop, yes it has a crappy Intel graphics card, however, I've played FFXI on this laptop for a month+ before I got it on my 360. I went over to my girlfriend's house, and was bored so I figured I'd level one of my mules (she's putting on makeup, you know how long that takes), since my main is in Aht Urghan and I'm on the trial client software. It was actually working just fine a few moments ago, I had just created an Elvaan THF (out of boredom), and it was loading the Sand'Oria cutscene.

And then it failed, and I got a pop up message in the lower right hand corner stating, "A display adapter has failed, but has successfully been restarted." Then it went on to tell me what adapter in specific it was. I attempted to launch FFXI and at the point where it loads the ToS agreement accept/deny part I get a POL error message stating, "Failed to initialize Direct3D, please make sure this computer meats the minimum requirements for FFXI." I opened up Device Manage, made sure the adpater is running fine, tried to update the software, however it already is updated. I restarted the PC and I ran dxdiag, went to the display tab, and all my direct3d type functions are "enabled" and at the bottom, "*no problems found."

Let it be known I'm on Windows 7 also.

What do you think is the problem? I didn't get any type of BSOD, YouTube videos load fine, etc?
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]
Working...
X