Biggest noob question ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest noob question ever

I tried the search function, nothing seems to come up so it must be so obvious that I am down right retarded. But I am new to FF XI (steam purchase) and I have played a variety of MMOs.

My question is:

How the hell do you self heal out of combat? I am running around Sanordea (sp?) and I don't know how to heal myself as a warrior. I'm assuming that there are potions and such, but are those efficient? And is there a vendor or do I get them thru the AH?

Okay, so that was a multi part question, but I am desperate to know.

Re: Biggest noob question ever

You have to kneel to recover hp and mp. Its been awhile, but I believe its * on the numberpad. And someone who knows for sure can correct me on this, but I think /rest works as well. But don't quote me on that.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Potions are prohibitively expensive, you're not going to be able to simply chug healing items unless you're very wealthy and even then you won't have room in your inventory.

Instead you'll need to rest between battles to get your hp back up. If you're using the keyboard try pushing "H" or "*" or simply use the /heal command by typing it into the command line.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Wow, usually I expect to go into these threads saying I've heard worse.

/heal . Should also be able to press the * key on your numpad if I remember right. If you're heading back to town anyway, stop in your mog house and you'll be automatically restored to full much faster than healing would.

Also, don't be afraid to ask other players you see wandering around for help.

Comment

So its like sitting down basically.

Thanks all. This interface is a lot to get used to. But at least I learned how to move within 2 minutes of being in game. :D

Comment

Originally posted by leafs43 View Post
            So its like sitting down basically.

Thanks all. This interface is a lot to get used to. But at least I learned how to move within 2 minutes of being in game. :D
            You bastard! That took me a good 3 to 5.

Try switching to compact keyboard layout if the interface is giving you issues. I found it made things a lot easier. It's in one of the in-game config menus, but I can't remember which one.
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Good Luck Leaf. I pray and hope you find help with your new character. The newbie zones are all but dead these days. If you can, try to make friends with someone leveling up their subs and get into a good lowbie guild.

Hopefully you won't quit like my friend did :/ He had trouble getting help when I was at work. He couldn't stand the monotonous waiting for help on BCs, missions, etc.

But after playing for probably a couple of days... and alot of xp, you'll definitely get the hang of it.

Peaaaace
              °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
              sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Also Ctrl + H key will allow you to rest too.
                I tend to use that when I accidentally hit the wrong macro and start casting something I don't wish to.
                This lets me cancel my spell choice.

Never be afraid to ask questions even if you think it's silly. Many of us have done the same.
                I remember the first time I ever played the cutscene had an Npc start talking to me so I began to type hello until I realised it was npc dialog.
                I hope you enjoy the game.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Working...
                X