Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI: Ultimate Collection XBOX and Disk Read Error

Hi All,

I recently got an XBOX 360 Elite and FFXI: Ultimate Collection.

I've run into a problem... I've had the game and console for a week now, and FFXI has corrupt three times now to where I need to reinstall the game.

For two of the times, it happens if I do not go through and exit all the way.

It appears as if I do not exit everything individually, or if I lag and get disconnected, the installation corrupts.

It's the black xbox 360 elite and Final fantasy XI Ultimate Collection.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

THanks!

Re: FFXI: Ultimate Collection XBOX and Disk Read Error

Originally posted by iHax View Post
    You should always exit properly when you can because there is a known issue for 360 users when someone leaves via power-off, XboxButton + Y button (exit to Dashboard), exchanging discs/games prior to logging out, or anything similar to those scenarios. I'll try and pay more attention to that message tonight for any specifics I may have overlooked. To exit FFxi you either need to use the "Shut Down" tab on the right side game menu or "B" your way out from the character choice screen. Hell, I'll enter on a character just to use the "Shut Down" tab cuz exiting thru POV is so much of a hassle.

Only time I don't "exit properly" is when I get disconnected from Besieged or (rarely) Campaign. I stopped recieving "disc read error" messages from DC'n after I installed the game to my HDD via that Xbox-guide button option for making games run smoother ... I haven't gotten that message since I did that install.

Good luck tho.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

How do I install the game disc to the hard drive?

Comment

How do I install the game disc to the hard drive?
        When you have the disc in the 360, go to your game library and click on the game's icon (this case POV)... another window will pop up and there will be an option to download to your HDD.

The message also says to contact xbox support to troubleshoot this problem at:

1-800-4MY-XBOX 6am - 10pm PST

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m

Comment

It's telling me that the game doesn't support harddrive installation.

Comment

Interesting.. Idk how to get around that cuz I never had to deal with that message.

Comment

OP I had the same problem with my game disc. I know this is going to sound stupid, but if you just plug an in an iPod and play a song through your xbox and boot up the game while the song is playing the game WILL load. Again, I know this sounds stupid but just try it and let me know if you have any other problems.

Edit: Forgot to add that for whatever reason the ultimate collection is unable to have the full disc installed to the hard drive. SE is "aware" of the problem and are "working" on a fix.
              Soichiro - Gilgamesh CARBUNCLE

Comment

Bah, I didn't see this thread the other day.

It doesn't have to be an iPod, you can use a flash drive and play music off that as well. I had to do that to get the game to boot up the first time so I could install it and play it initially.
                My character's name is Cadar on Cerberus.

Warrior-19
                Red Mage-55
                Dark Knight-55

Comment

I didn't believe the ipod thing but somehow it worked thnx a million for that.

Comment

If you have your xbox hooked up to your PC, you can also play music from that option (You might be able to just play music from the hdd if you have it on there). I couldn't get any of my MP3 players to work (I mainly use my phone, and the others are all, urgh, Craigs) so I set that up and tried it. I just do that now every time, and I always shut the game down properly, because I can't sit there and listen to the game music of the area I'm training in for three hours >.>

Comment

Hi All,

I recently got an XBOX 360 Elite and FFXI: Ultimate Collection.

I've run into a problem... I've had the game and console for a week now, and FFXI has corrupt three times now to where I need to reinstall the game.

It appears as if I do not exit everything individually, or if I lag and get disconnected, the installation corrupts.

It's the black xbox 360 elite and Final fantasy XI Ultimate Collection.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

THanks!
                      My Final Fantasy XI doesnt even boot up on 360.It says "Game Error".Count yourself lucky that it even boots up.

Comment

Here's what I found that worked. Play music through a USB port (can use a flash drive), then run the game while the music is playing. For some reason, that works for me whenever I have any issues.
                        My character's name is Cadar on Cerberus.

Warrior-19
                        Red Mage-55
                        Dark Knight-55

Comment

Originally posted by KoLAddict View Post
                          Here's what I found that worked. Play music through a USB port (can use a flash drive), then run the game while the music is playing. For some reason, that works for me whenever I have any issues.
                          Yeah that doesnt work for me.Does it depend on what type of system you have?

Comment

Working...
                          X