Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there going to be more expansion

Originally posted by Cruciation View Post
    I think it's kinda funny how perspectives change.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      They haven't raised the cap since Rise of the Zilart for several specific reasons.

(1) It would unbalance the entire game, learn more about the subjob system and you'll see why they won't do it.

(2) It would obsolete older endgame content, no on wants that. Everyone else does it like its going out of style, but SE has stood by their content this long so everyone can still experience it. Given everyone can level all 20 jobs if they so choose, they have to keep that content relevant.

When an expansion comes, it will bring us new zones and new content. The cap, however, will never rise above 75 unless they want to completely destroy the game or have some serious plans to revamp the existing job balance. At this point in the game's life, probably best to tweak around what we have rather than raise the cap further than 75.

I lol'd.
      In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
      And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
      Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
      Yeah, It’s true.
      It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Holy crap, this thread started in the December of 2009?

Seems so freaking long ago . . .
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Originally posted by Armando
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
          They haven't raised the cap since Rise of the Zilart for several specific reasons.

(1) It would unbalance the entire game, learn more about the subjob system and you'll see why they won't do it.

(2) It would obsolete older endgame content, no on wants that. Everyone else does it like its going out of style, but SE has stood by their content this long so everyone can still experience it. Given everyone can level all 20 jobs if they so choose, they have to keep that content relevant.

When an expansion comes, it will bring us new zones and new content. The cap, however, will never rise above 75 unless they want to completely destroy the game or have some serious plans to revamp the existing job balance. At this point in the game's life, probably best to tweak around what we have rather than raise the cap further than 75.
          ROFL!! What say you now!?

I wonder if eventually they'll shut down the FFXI servers?
          A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

I'm sure they'll get shut down eventually. It's impractical (business-wise) to keep substantial resources like the servers for FFXI running indefinitely. With that said, they've already shown that they're willing to consolidate servers due to low populations, and many people have expressed interests in never stopping to play. Toward the end I imagine it would be one server with just a couple thousand people on it.

Here's to hoping they don't prove ME wrong too.
            Kindadarii (Bahamut)
            90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
            70.3 + 2 Woodworking
            52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
              ROFL!! WHERE IS YOUR ALTANA NOW?!
              Fixed?
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
              Originally posted by Solymir
              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfZeal View Post
                Here's to hoping they don't prove ME wrong too.
                You didn't say never, so it probly won't happen ha.
                A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
                  ROFL!! What say you now!?

I wonder if eventually they'll shut down the FFXI servers?
                  That first reply to this thread really is funny in hindsight because I would have said something like that too, a mere two months ago. Not that I didn't want to see the level cap raised, but I was sure that SE didn't and wouldn't.

However, I think they rushed the server moves by a few months before they were really needed. They ended up creating merged servers with populations rivalling the two servers that they currently had closed for overpopulation.

I think they needed the old servers for something, and that's why they rushed the merge. At first I thought they might be repurposing them for Abyssea instances (remember that each "world" probably consists of a dozen or more server machines, so eight worlds worth of servers could be easily parted out to 24 worlds), but then I heard a crazy rumor from someone that the devs needed more test servers badly, Atomos alone just wasn't enough, and that's why they did it.
                  Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                  99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                  F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                  >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
                    I think they needed the old servers for something, and that's why they rushed the merge.
                    You know, SE can afford new computers. They merged worlds with dwindling populations that were still losing players. The initial populations were large because of the same reason the population goes up after any update, but they have calmed down and are back to about their 2007 levels.

SE merged the worlds because they were going to start loosing players because of other players leaving. In general, retired servers get retired.
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                    X