Major Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Problem

As of July 8, my password has been altered by 3rd party member.
    I called POL in the morning and I am facing several problems now.

I got my account from a friend in 2004. He deleted all his chars and gave the account to me. I started everything from scratch under his POL account and my newly created content ID's. Although I was the sole owner of the account, I never end up changing the original members information (name, address, birth date, phone, email.)
    Now, 5 years has passed. I lost contact with a friend. He is out of US, last thing I heard from him.
    I am facing a major problem. The POL service can NOT reset my password, unless I give them the 5 year old information which has been forgotten. Only thing I was able to do was to cancel my content ID's, and removed my credit card. I emailed detailed explanation about this matter to them. I do not know if they are going to do anything about this issue.
    Any ideas? Has anyone been under this situation?
    It's just upsetting that after playing a game for 5 years I can't do anything to get my account back...

Re: Major Problem

Mostly your fault for not securing the account to you for five years more than anything else, in addition to falling out of touch with this friend of yours. Maybe that friend decided he wanted it all back.

Without the right information, SE isn't going to be that eager to renew this account, much less to someone who wasn't the original account holder to start with.

Comment

why the hell would you use a friend's account anyway, if you're just going to delete everything and start over? Did you really want to not pay the $20 for the game that badly?

Comment

Unfortunately I see little that you can do about this. They do require some type of proof that its your account besides your word and the use of your credit card. And in this case, it really isn't your account. Accounts can not be transferred so the account never really was yours.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Take this as a hard lesson learned, never take any second hand accounts from online games from anyone, always get your own.

now in this case, this was pretty much your fault, all this time you had to do it (should of done it day you got it) and you never change ANY of the info?
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Working...
          X