Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are characters vulnerable to attack during cutscenes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are characters vulnerable to attack during cutscenes?

I ask because recently (being new to the game) my friend and I triggered a cutscene by using a doorway in a room which was populated with monsters (up until we killed them). The cutscene showed our characters entering another room where the majority of the mission storyline progressed.

My friend had to go AFK for a moment, so I finished the cutscene before she did. When I exited the cutscene I was surprised to find myself and my friend both standing in the original (unsafe) room still staring at the doorway (even though she was still viewing the cutscene). I was concerned about having to deal with monster respawns if we lingered in the room much longer. When my friend finished the cutscene and regained control of her character, we quickly ran out of the room. As we were leaving the monsters in the room did indeed start to respawn. It looked like we had barely finished in time.

Which leads back to my question: Are player characters vulnerable to attack from wandering monsters during cutscenes? If any other player had entered the room while my party was viewing the cutscene they would have seen our two characters standing there motionless staring at a doorway. I can only assume a monster that wandered too near would have also spotted us standing there and attacked (and probably killed us). Is that correct?

Re: Are characters vulnerable to attack during cutscenes?

I'm 95% sure you can't get attacked during cutscenes. You can get attacked while talking to NPCs though.

Comment

I think they changed it a few years back because people would exploit the cs for the mammet fight. I could be wrong though.
      Thanks Kazuki.
      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

There are cutscense that, while you're locked into them, leave you open to attack (one of the early Windurst ones where you pursue the Cat Burglar, for example). But in many of these cutscenes, you're rendered immune to damage to prevent this or you'll just die after the scene ends if you still have aggro. You might get lucky and lose aggro, though.

This was used in some missions as an exploit in the BCNM fights, but I believe that was quashed and players can now get enmity for attacking those NMs attacking the member in CS.

Comment

Working...
        X