Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time on FFXI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hachibi
    replied
    Re: First Time on FFXI

    Originally posted by ZeroTigress View Post
    Hmm, that doesn't sound very promising. I guess I'll have to wait until I play the game to see if it's worth the trouble of stopping the fees after a month.
    I don't see why is that such a big problem. After the 30 days, you'll be too hooked up to even consider stop playing so...

    Leave a comment:


  • ZeroTigress
    replied
    Re: First Time on FFXI

    Originally posted by Hachibi View Post
    That is correct. Unless you want to stop playing, SE will just keep billing the fees.
    Hmm, that doesn't sound very promising. I guess I'll have to wait until I play the game to see if it's worth the trouble of stopping the fees after a month.

    Originally posted by Hachibi View Post
    When creating your character, you can choose which server to play on, unless its overcrowded and SE shuts it down from new characters.
    Oh dear. I hope the server my cousin is on isn't crowded.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hachibi
    replied
    Re: First Time on FFXI

    Originally posted by ZeroTigress View Post
    I'm confused about the PlayOnline and Content IDs. From what I've been able to dig up, you're supposed to create a PlayOnline ID first and then register a Content ID for FFXI in order to play? And then when you finish the free trial you must delete the Content ID to prevent from being billed?
    Contents ID and all those things still confuses me but if I'm not mistaken, what you said is correct.
    You have to get a PlayOnline ID and then register it with a Content ID. As for the trial, they won't ask for your card information so you dont really have to delete the Content ID if you choose to stop playing.

    Originally posted by ZeroTigress View Post
    As for the free trial itself, are both the 14-day and 30-day trials available or is it only the 14-day trial? (30 days is pretty long for a free trial...) Also, are the free trials restricted in any way (i.e. level cap, limited money, etc.) or can you access the entirety of the game content while playing?
    The only limitations you have on the trial are the access to expansions maps, you're free to do everything else. What you get from the website, its a 14day trial. As for the 30day trial, you get it from buying the game. And it can add up to 44 free days. This is what I did, downloaded trial and used it up. After 14 days changed to a paying account and entered the CD keys and got 30 more free days.


    Originally posted by ZeroTigress View Post
    I'm considering playing for long-term since the pricing is nicely similar to that of RO. However, the billing system has me concerned. On RO, I pay for 1 month and the subscription immediately terminates after 30 days pass. (I can't play anymore after 30 days.) From what I could find, SquareEnix does continuous billing (like paying for utilities bills) that must be manually cancelled. Is this how it works or am I assuming wrongly?
    That is correct. Unless you want to stop playing, SE will just keep billing the fees.

    Originally posted by ZeroTigress View Post
    How do you choose servers? I wish to play on the same server as my younger cousin and it seems the only way to do that is to obtain a world pass or something to that effect.
    When creating your character, you can choose which server to play on, unless its overcrowded and SE shuts it down from new characters.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ameroth
    replied
    Re: First Time on FFXI

    Originally posted by ZeroTigress View Post
    I'm confused about the PlayOnline and Content IDs. From what I've been able to dig up, you're supposed to create a PlayOnline ID first and then register a Content ID for FFXI in order to play? And then when you finish the free trial you must delete the Content ID to prevent from being billed?
    You register a free PlayOnline ID first. Next, you need to create a Content ID that will be attached to your POL ID. The content ID is what's required to create a character and is what you pay a monthly fee for. You do not need to delete the content ID, but can deactivate it at any time to stop payments for future months.

    Originally posted by ZeroTigress View Post
    As for the free trial itself, are both the 14-day and 30-day trials available or is it only the 14-day trial? (30 days is pretty long for a free trial...) Also, are the free trials restricted in any way (i.e. level cap, limited money, etc.) or can you access the entirety of the game content while playing?
    The 14-day is a free, free trial as in you have not paid for anything yet. The 30-day trial you get from actually buying the game (http://www.direct2drive.com/6753/pro...Q&esvtk_s=bgss), and allows you to play your first month for free. Upon the 31st day of play, you will get charged a fee, and then will continue to be billed on the 1st of every month.

    There are no limitations to the content during either the 14- or 30-day trials.

    I do not know how the two trial periods work together

    World Passes are not used anymore because you can pick your server during character creation.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZeroTigress
    started a topic First Time on FFXI

    First Time on FFXI

    Ooh, this forum is nice. I've never been to one where it displays similar threads to prevent repetitive thread creation. I like this. (By the way, I've already scanned through the forum a bit to see if previous threads had the answers I wish to know.)

    So anyhow...

    I've played Final Fantasy VII and VIII for the PC so I have faith that SquareEnix did similarly well for this PC port. That said...

    I currently play another MMO called Ragnarok Online (which came out 3 months before FFXI according to Wikipedia) and I became interested in playing FFXI after watching my younger cousin play it. I don't mind having to figure out most of the game mechanics on my own since RO is similar in that aspect (and I find it a fun challenge to do so). However, I have but a few questions:

    I'm confused about the PlayOnline and Content IDs. From what I've been able to dig up, you're supposed to create a PlayOnline ID first and then register a Content ID for FFXI in order to play? And then when you finish the free trial you must delete the Content ID to prevent from being billed?

    As for the free trial itself, are both the 14-day and 30-day trials available or is it only the 14-day trial? (30 days is pretty long for a free trial...) Also, are the free trials restricted in any way (i.e. level cap, limited money, etc.) or can you access the entirety of the game content while playing?

    I'm considering playing for long-term since the pricing is nicely similar to that of RO. However, the billing system has me concerned. On RO, I pay for 1 month and the subscription immediately terminates after 30 days pass. (I can't play anymore after 30 days.) From what I could find, SquareEnix does continuous billing (like paying for utilities bills) that must be manually cancelled. Is this how it works or am I assuming wrongly?

    How do you choose servers? I wish to play on the same server as my younger cousin and it seems the only way to do that is to obtain a world pass or something to that effect.

    Thank you in advance.
Working...
X