FFXI game and the expansion pack...PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI game and the expansion pack...PLEASE HELP

hey guys, ive been looking everywhere for this game. i could order it online or ebay, but i want to make sure of something first. my buddy just game the regular game, without the expansion pack.

i was wondering if i could just buy the original game, have him buy the expansion pack, and then download the expansion onto my game. i understand that both of us need the actual game, but was wondering if we both needed the expansion pack.

im sorry if this is unclear, its kinda hard to explain. thanks!

Re: FFXI game and the expansion pack...PLEASE HELP

Each expansion pack has a registration code so you need to get seperate codes, one would be from the bought expansion pack, the other you would have to purchase online.

To be honest its probably cheaper to just buy the 2008 vanadiel collection which has the game and all 4 expansions in one, its much cheaper than buying it all seperate.

As for Ebay rule number one....

NEVER BUY SECOND HAND OR FROM EBAY.

You will find the codes ahve been used and the user banned and basically you wont be able to use them again and so you have been duped of cash.

I would post a few links of where you can still buy the game from for good prices, but you have not stated a country as we are a multicultural community here, me being british

Comment

k thanks man. i actually almost bought it on ebay a couple days ago, but i forget about the codes all the time. thanks for the help. i think ill just buy a brand new one off of gamestop.com or something.

Comment

If you both want to use the content from the expansion pack (there have been 4 expansions so far) then you would both need the expansions downloaded onto whatever machine you are playing on and the registration codes attached to your Content ID. The content includes areas to play in and the ability to use certain jobs.

You can both download the data to your console or computer off one disc - my husband and I both use PC's and PS2/3's to play one- my account however uses the reg codes from the PC discs and his uses the reg codes from the PS2 version.

You can buy the registration codes from POL. However you would have to purchase the codes for each expansion that your friend is missing, and that would probably cost more than just buying the 2008 collection twice so you both get the registration codes. The 2008 collection has all the expansions released so far and is only $19.99. There are links to where you can buy them online on the official website.
        sigpic

Comment

Slightly unrelated, but never buy FFXI used, period.

We have various Edward McKay stores in my area that sell them, even though I point out each time I visit that FFXI is an MMORPG, the registration codes probably used thus making the copy worthless.

And when I come back another week - they're back on the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post

NEVER BUY SECOND HAND OR FROM EBAY.
            Never buy used games that have registration codes. Not everything on Ebay is used. There are many large chain stores that sell their NEW products on Ebay also. So you can buy on Ebay, just make sure it says NEW or UNOPENED.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but its a related topic... kinda.

Anyway, I've recently decided to try to come back to the game after about 3-4 years or so (It truly is the only good MMO out there IMO.) Anyway, at the time I only had Rise of the Zilart expansion and there are now 3 more available.

If SE manage to revive my account with my characters, I want to get the extra expansions so that I'm not behind. So my question is, does the FFXI PC 2008 pack contain separate registration codes for each of the expansions, or is it all included in one?

What I mean is, will the compilation pack allow me to ADD the expansions to my current account without having to start over from new?

Thanks! =)
              Keshin is back!

Comment

VC08 comes with a single code now (or at least the PS2 version did)

I have heard that this one code can be used to register expansions all at once, even if you already have a POL account.
                Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
                X