Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me please. Level 30 thf wanting to skill up marksmanship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please. Level 30 thf wanting to skill up marksmanship.

Hello,

I have been reading posts throughout the internet about reccomendations for how to level my marksmanship but I feel as though I have just found generalities with nothing seeming to help me in particular. I am a 30 thf/15 nin and I would just like to know where would be the best place for me to level my marksmanship the quickest. It is at level 40 right now. I tried roamin around meriphautad mts. and tahrongi canyon but it seem to be very slow, even though the mobs are all too weak to be worthwhile or easy prey. please tell me what I should do. thank you.

Re: Help me please. Level 30 thf wanting to skill up marksmanship.

First -
    Thief - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
    Check your skill caps. Skill level 40 is just under level 14. The fastest way to level it up would be to target mobs you would be exping on for that level, which would be mobs in the Dunes or similar areas areas not too near the entrance but not too far in either.

You'll get skillups on some mobs in tahrongi canyon, but it will be slow. If you hit mobs too high in meriphautad, you'll also get very slow skillups.

Remember also that your marksmanship is a C level skill, it's not going to skillup that quickly even in the best circumstances.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Its fine if mobs are too weak, assuming they're roughly EM or higher for what your skill is. I believe a level 40 skill would be cap for something like a lvl 15 thief? (Can someone confirm that, its been too long for me). Skillups are based on your current skill level and how it correlates to the mobs level. Your job's level is essentially irrelevant.
      Secondly, yeah, skilling is going to take a long time, its just the nature of the beast.
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Try Land Worms in Quifim or Korroloka.
        FFXIV Balmung Server
        Tenro Matashi
        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Another way (which no one is mentioning) would be to level it through RNG, which is the job with the highest Marksmanship skill. The quest is easy, the job is fun and both Marksmanship and Archery skill up in no time.

Comment

It's also a lot cheaper, since THF can't get normal bolts. Levelling it through WAR or RNG will save a lot of money, though levelling through RNG will be less monotonous since you'll be levelling besides skilling up.

Comment

Saying it would be cheaper to level Marksmanship through RNG is a bit of a stretch, as you would have to get gear, etc. for a whole other job. Status bolts aren't all that expensive, esp. when bought in bulk, and they are usable for the rest of your career as THF. I understand where you are coming from when you say "Level it through RNG", as you would be doing more than just skilling one thing, but it would require a lot more time and money, methinks, than just going on a skill up run as THF.
              FFXIV Balmung Server
              Tenro Matashi
              PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Donkey View Post
                Saying it would be cheaper to level Marksmanship through RNG is a bit of a stretch, as you would have to get gear, etc. for a whole other job. Status bolts aren't all that expensive, esp. when bought in bulk, and they are usable for the rest of your career as THF. I understand where you are coming from when you say "Level it through RNG", as you would be doing more than just skilling one thing, but it would require a lot more time and money, methinks, than just going on a skill up run as THF.
                RNG A- skill in Marksmanship
                THF C+ skill in Marksmanship

One will be throwing a lot more bolts away for its lower skill and it wouldn't be RNG. RNG would be skilling up a lot faster and catching up to THF's C+ skill at level 20 before, and you'd be levelling a much friendlier BCNM/CoP job in the process.

The expensiveness of RNG starts at 50, its very cheap in terms of gear before then and very cheap in terms of ammo. I will never understand why people continue to make excuses to not level RNG and blow the expense out of proportion.

Not only is RNG beneficial to skilling up marksmanship, but a very useful melee subjob in the 20s. You'll hit mobs with practically no problems thanks to the Accuracy Bonus trait. I've used it with DNC, SAM and other melees.

Comment

Saying it would be cheaper to level Marksmanship through RNG is a bit of a stretch, as you would have to get gear, etc. for a whole other job. Status bolts aren't all that expensive, esp. when bought in bulk, and they are usable for the rest of your career as THF.
                  Lowbie gear is never expensive, and it can always be sold back. In addition to that, taking a job from 1-10 always generates money and plenty of beastmen's seals, which technically hold plenty of cash value when redeemed in the right BCNMs.

Comment

Not to mention a lot of the good lower-level gear for THF and RNG are the same. Though pre-30, most melee gear is the same; the main worry would be if you invested in a lot of harness-type gear, since RNG specifically can't wear those. But aside from Bone/Beetle +1 I don't see that as a major concern.
                    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                    Clothcraft 24
                    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

THank you! I ended up going into Valkurm Dunes and was able to go from 40 to 52 marksmanship in under an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Pribthecreator View Post
                        THank you! I ended up going into Valkurm Dunes and was able to go from 40 to 52 marksmanship in under an hour.

I was going to suggest the dunes-

You see, I;m a very very bad RNG in that I almost completely ignore my Marksmanship skils in favor of Archery skills at nearly every opportunity. That said, I do go back to skill it up now and then and when I was sitting on around 30 marksmanship skill in the mid-30s, i headed back to valkurm and raised it from ~30 to ~90 in about 2 hours.

If you're at 30 THF though, just take Acids with you for XP parties and throw out a few bolts on every mob- that should be enough to keep your skillups on par with where they should be. If you have Racc issue just macro in Racc rings whenever you're going to /ra This is what I do when I'm SAM/RNG so I don't have to full-time my Racc rings and gimp my melee accuracy
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Comment

f you're at 30 THF though, just take Acids with you for XP parties and throw out a few bolts on every mob- that should be enough to keep your skillups on par with where they should be. If you have Racc issue just macro in Racc rings whenever you're going to /ra This is what I do when I'm SAM/RNG so I don't have to full-time my Racc rings and gimp my melee accuracy
                          He's not going to hit anything with undercapped marksmanship. It's already hard enough to hit mobs with capped marksmanship as it is. Sticking Acid on EXP mobs helps keep the skill capped (and more importantly it's something that you should be doing anyways because the improvement to kill speed is quite large) but it won't get it there.

Comment

Working...
                          X