Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XI server

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cotners
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    Originally posted by Neptus View Post
    Yes it is, the game was made to support Dial Up players. If you have Dial up, Satelite, or even DSN don't plan on multi tasking because Final Fantasy XI needs a lot of Bandwidth to run and will completely drain it while you're playing.

    Though, Most people don't know this because they've only played Final Fantasy XI on high speed internet. I've played on Dial Up, DSN, Time Warner Cable Broad Band, Comcast Broadband, Jackal Wireless, and Magic Island Technologies. The last two on that list (Jackal and Magic Island) I'm currently using and it sucks.
    I travel a lot.
    Everything sucks on MIT. I tried to use Ventrilo while in Iraq and it was so laggy some ppl heard what I said about 1-2 mins after I said it.

    Leave a comment:


  • JEStheUniversual
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    Originally posted by Neptus View Post
    Yes it is, the game was made to support Dial Up players. If you have Dial up, Satelite, or even DSN don't plan on multi tasking because Final Fantasy XI needs a lot of Bandwidth to run and will completely drain it while you're playing.

    Though, Most people don't know this because they've only played Final Fantasy XI on high speed internet. I've played on Dial Up, DSN, Time Warner Cable Broad Band, Comcast Broadband, Jackal Wireless, and Magic Island Technologies. The last two on that list (Jackal and Magic Island) I'm currently using and it sucks.
    I travel a lot.
    How the heck do I get my xbox 360 online using Jackal Wireless in Iraq? I have not figured this out. If you have any ideal on how to accomplish this, can you please help?

    Thanks.

    vr
    Jes

    Leave a comment:


  • Feenicks
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    When people are talking about opening ports, they mean on your router/modem. Your router/modem should have some kind of configuration page that you can access (try poking around in the Network Connections dialog box) where you can open ports.

    Edit: you can get info on how to forward ports on your router (if you know the brand name and model number) here.

    Also POL and FFXI use the following ports:
    TCP 25, 80, 110, 443 or 50000 - 65535
    UDP 50000 - 65535

    Further edit: I would also recommend resetting your modem to the manufacturer's defaults if you can, because sometime crappy settings can cause disconnects/lag/whatever.
    Last edited by Feenicks; 09-29-2008, 12:30 AM. Reason: I'm awesome

    Leave a comment:


  • XenoNyte
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    Thanks for your help guys. I've talked to a GM and she/he told me that they can't help me with Technical Problems, that i have to call their Customer Support. I can login Playonline just fine with no problem, just trying to get in FFXI is the problem ; ;.

    I Power Cycled my network, called my ISP (told me everything is normal.. prolly lying and said to call the game people instead lol) I tried to direct connect.. no help ; ;

    Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
    FFXI Doesn't require you to forward any ports does it? If you have a router, try removing the cat5 cable from the modem and connecting the modem straight to the 360 or laptop. Least you'll know it isn't the router's fault if it still doesn't work.
    Ya i hooked up the 360 and laptop directly to the modem and i still get the same problem.

    Originally posted by Lunaryn View Post
    You can probably figure out the server IP addresses fairly easily by running a network analyzer such as Wireshark while attempting to log into FFXI.

    That said, these problems typically develop for certain customers on certain ISPs after updates, the best bet may be to report your issue to the POL Help Desk (or a GM if you can actually manage to connect that long) and include details about your general location and what ISP you use.

    If you have more than one character, you may wish to see if you have more luck with another character. When this happened to me it was an issue with servers for particular zones; fortunately I have 6 characters so even though I got about half of them stuck in the process of sussing out the nature of the problem, I was still able to log in and call a GM from a mule.
    Thanks for the program i got two IP addresses that kept popping up when i was trying to connect to lobby.

    202.67.56.158 :ISP = SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. Shinjuku Bunka Quint Bldg. 3-22-7 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan

    and

    219.117.156.21 :ISP = Japan Network Information Center

    Both IP's are from japan. Do you think these are it?

    Those are the only two IP's i get. Other programs and web browser are off when i captured it.


    Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
    I had to open ports on my router when I played FFXI at home, otherwise I got R0 randomly during gameplay. It might not be necessary for everyone dependong on how their security is setup. Nevertheless, check the POL site and in the Q&A the ports needed to be forwarded are in there somewhere.
    I get the same problem when i directly connect my 360/Laptop to the modem. Does my ISP have to open the ports for me? Sorry i'm new with these internet connection stuff.


    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    I'm at work, i have the same hours and i don't get home till 6-7'ish pm. ; ;

    Originally posted by Neptus View Post
    This happened to me when I used Comcast back in the states and here in Iraq using Jackal Wireless and Magic Island Technologies.
    I pretty much had to set myself up to play during times when most people do not use the internet. Final Fantasy XI is a bandwidth hog and if you're using a router and do play currently it's a good idea to go ahead and open the ports. (Just In Case) When you try to play during times of the day like let's say 4pm during a weekday like Monday. Kids are getting off of school and Adults are getting off work to get on the internet.
    Final Fantasy XI like I said above is a bandwidth hog, if there are too many people on your connection hogging up the bandwidth it's going to be hard for you.
    Trust me, I have to wake up at 3am in the morning so I don't keep dropping to R 0.
    I also use a program called TCPOptimizer it helps a tad and you will notice it but not enough to say "This fixed my problem."
    If you want to know how to work the program go ahead and send me a message and I'll get back to you on the materials that I know.
    Day, Night time.. or early morning. I still get stuck or lag horribly ; ; . TCPOptimizer didn't help. Thanks though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mhurron
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    FFXI runs just fine on dial-up. It takes very very little bandwidth. No matter what your connection, FFXI uses about 5~7kb/s.

    If you're having a problem running it, and everyone else can run it on limited connections, maybe the software isn't the problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • Neptus
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
    No it's not.
    Yes it is, the game was made to support Dial Up players. If you have Dial up, Satelite, or even DSN don't plan on multi tasking because Final Fantasy XI needs a lot of Bandwidth to run and will completely drain it while you're playing.

    Though, Most people don't know this because they've only played Final Fantasy XI on high speed internet. I've played on Dial Up, DSN, Time Warner Cable Broad Band, Comcast Broadband, Jackal Wireless, and Magic Island Technologies. The last two on that list (Jackal and Magic Island) I'm currently using and it sucks.
    I travel a lot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mhurron
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    Originally posted by Neptus View Post
    Final Fantasy XI is a bandwidth hog
    No it's not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Neptus
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    This happened to me when I used Comcast back in the states and here in Iraq using Jackal Wireless and Magic Island Technologies.
    I pretty much had to set myself up to play during times when most people do not use the internet. Final Fantasy XI is a bandwidth hog and if you're using a router and do play currently it's a good idea to go ahead and open the ports. (Just In Case) When you try to play during times of the day like let's say 4pm during a weekday like Monday. Kids are getting off of school and Adults are getting off work to get on the internet.
    Final Fantasy XI like I said above is a bandwidth hog, if there are too many people on your connection hogging up the bandwidth it's going to be hard for you.
    Trust me, I have to wake up at 3am in the morning so I don't keep dropping to R 0.
    I also use a program called TCPOptimizer it helps a tad and you will notice it but not enough to say "This fixed my problem."
    If you want to know how to work the program go ahead and send me a message and I'll get back to you on the materials that I know.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    Web Chat Support: https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html

    Leave a comment:


  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    I had to open ports on my router when I played FFXI at home, otherwise I got R0 randomly during gameplay. It might not be necessary for everyone dependong on how their security is setup. Nevertheless, check the POL site and in the Q&A the ports needed to be forwarded are in there somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lunaryn
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    You can probably figure out the server IP addresses fairly easily by running a network analyzer such as Wireshark while attempting to log into FFXI.

    That said, these problems typically develop for certain customers on certain ISPs after updates, the best bet may be to report your issue to the POL Help Desk (or a GM if you can actually manage to connect that long) and include details about your general location and what ISP you use.

    If you have more than one character, you may wish to see if you have more luck with another character. When this happened to me it was an issue with servers for particular zones; fortunately I have 6 characters so even though I got about half of them stuck in the process of sussing out the nature of the problem, I was still able to log in and call a GM from a mule.

    Leave a comment:


  • Durahansolo
    replied
    Re: Final Fantasy XI server

    Originally posted by XenoNyte View Post
    Hello!

    I've been having problems connecting and staying online in FFXI. Most of the time when i try to connect, it would get stuck at " Connecting to lobby ". Sometimes when i get passed all that and get ingame, i would lag a lot and it would R0 every second. I quit this game last december and just recently returned, i didn't have this problem before. This happens on Both xbox 360 and on my laptop. I can play other games online with no problem, ffxi is the only one with the connecting/lag issue.

    i told my ISP about it but they said they need the game server IP address to do some test. I was wondering if anyone here knew it, i've asked a lot of ppl in game and whatnot. They couldn't figure it out >_<.

    I can connect to POL just fine. My internet is normal, I can browse websites and do stuff online, it doesn't get cut off. I don't wanna call SE service support because i don't really have change to spare for long distance, and i work 9am-6pm.. same hours as their service support.. meh

    Help me out! Please.. Orz

    Thanks
    FFXI Doesn't require you to forward any ports does it? If you have a router, try removing the cat5 cable from the modem and connecting the modem straight to the 360 or laptop. Least you'll know it isn't the router's fault if it still doesn't work.

    Leave a comment:


  • XenoNyte
    started a topic Final Fantasy XI server

    Final Fantasy XI server

    Hello!

    I've been having problems connecting and staying online in FFXI. Most of the time when i try to connect, it would get stuck at " Connecting to lobby ". Sometimes when i get passed all that and get ingame, i would lag a lot and it would R0 every second. I quit this game last december and just recently returned, i didn't have this problem before. This happens on Both xbox 360 and on my laptop. I can play other games online with no problem, ffxi is the only one with the connecting/lag issue.

    i told my ISP about it but they said they need the game server IP address to do some test. I was wondering if anyone here knew it, i've asked a lot of ppl in game and whatnot. They couldn't figure it out >_<.

    I can connect to POL just fine. My internet is normal, I can browse websites and do stuff online, it doesn't get cut off. I don't wanna call SE service support because i don't really have change to spare for long distance, and i work 9am-6pm.. same hours as their service support.. meh

    Help me out! Please.. Orz

    Thanks
    Last edited by XenoNyte; 09-24-2008, 10:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
Working...
X