Trying to find my rythmn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find my rythmn.

I just started playing FFXI again after 3+ years.

I was quite lost back then, I am even more lost now.

Now I know this game requires lots of patience and I am prepared for that.

What worries me is progression. You know, do this first, then do that.

This is what I have done by now:

1. Made my Tarutaru BLM
    2. Grabbed all available quests for my rank (which is Rank1 since I only just started) in Windurst according to this.
    3. Now I'm grinding Sarutabaruta (East and West but mostly West).
    4. I plan to grind the Rank 1 Quests until I am able to do and finish the 3 Rank 1 Missions.
    5. Rinse and repeat for each Rank.

My questions are these:

-How do I know at what level I am able to complete Quests and Missions and how do I know wether they are soloable or not?
    -What is the normal progression through levels? In other words, what are the highlights of the game, stuff everybody should do like getting a chocobo, airship pass, AF1, etc. and when can I start doing them?
    -What is the Area progression? Or, how do I know where to go next?

I know I have more, specific questions but generally I just want to know what the usual progression is for the game so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Trying to find my rythmn.

I could list off all the answers to your questions, but doesn't it kinda kill the newb experience when you just have a bunch of people on the internet tell you where to go, what to do, and how to do it?

But if you must:

here ya go

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

HI there, Finding your groove is quit4e daunting at first.

on the ffxi wiki it has suggestions to what level is reccomended to do the quest/mission.
      It does seem like you have a good idea what you are doing though. Just don't expect too much from yourself. Progression in the game is a good thing, Just make sure you are enjoying the game most of all.

Godd luck

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Those missions arent going to help you get to lvl 75 very fast, infact it will slow you down big time. You should set yourself and order of operation, or and set certain goals and go for them one after the other.

The quikest and best thing for you magey little taru would be to

lvl up your blm to 18 and unlock your sub.
        lvl up whm to 37 all the way there and dont stop till you get that lvl.
        now lvl your blm all the way to 75.

Once your blm is near lvl 50 you should lvl your thf to lvl 15 quickly, this can be done solo in a matter of hours. With this you can aga farm tier 2 zones and make decent gil, atleast enouph to buy the staves you need when you blm hits 51.

If you are a nice person you should make enouph friends to help you out in your cap raising missions that are the most important missions when you first start the game. Also you will need help with you AF quests which are also fairly important. If you like just farm a Shaman's cloak and your good.

At lvl 60 just straight shot it to lvl 75 with your blm but its not as easy as it once was. People hat lvling with blms these days, most of the time you will be advised to do it alone or with other blms.

You may change your mind to lvling rdm becuase they get parties so easy after lvl 41 and since your whm is lvl 37 you can do that if you like.

You may want to lvl your rdm to 37 so you can atleast enjoy the best solo subjob for blm.

You can solo to rank 5 with a rdm easily, even that dragon is soloable if you get behind him, he will hardly attack you, and the eyeball dude is a pushover, just sleep the dragon. At 5-1 you will need some help. Shadowlord is a wuss, you can either wait for you rdm to be lvl 75 or get friends to help. There is really no great benefit to having a high rank though, people wont gauge you on that for endgame ls, what you will really need is completion of CoP and Zilart.

When your blm and rdm are 75 that should be your priority, CoP and Zilart till you at the end. When your done with those, then the game starts for real. And ends for real.
        Apothecary Owner
        Mithra
        BLM 75
        RDM 75

Comment

Having rank 5 is handy, though, for the airship pass.

Comment

Working...
          X