FFXI Traveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI Traveling

I was a hardcore FFXI player who turn into a causal player (a.k.a. I have a fiance and she absolutely hates the game). I find myself having to play when she is not home or watching her sitcoms. I consider myself lucky if I get 8 hours a week in. I been pondering getting a laptop and a satelite card to play after work. If she ask why I get home late I would tell her I am just working late. She would probably think I am cheating and call my office phone to get no response. I am not cheating, I was working in the lab. Then you will see me on an episode of the show "Cheaters". The host would be in some parking lot with my fiance say, "Mam, after 4 months of survalience we learn your fiance is not cheating but playing a game called Final Fantasy XI." She would look at him dead in his eyes and say, "I want to confront his a**!!"

Anyway, the first thing I noticed is traveling in FFXI takes forever. It can easily take 30-45 minutes to get somewhere if you dont have certain things unlocked. Things to unlock to help traveling:

1) Airship (Level 20)
    2) Chocobo (Level 20)
    3) Outpost Supply Quests (These are by far the best way to travel quickly but cost gil) (Aquire at any Level but each outpost has a level restriction to when you can be teleported to it)
    4) Black Mage (Warp and Escape) (Level 29)
    5) Thief (Flee) (Level 25)
    6) White Mage (Teleports) (Level 41...I think. I only took my to 37 because the other teleports are close to the Outpost except Altepa)
    7) Bard (There is a song that makes you run fast as a chocobo but it is level 72...i think)

Note: I didnt include increase movement equipment because most equipment is 50+ and besides Bard, all the other methods of increasing travel speed are a maximum of level 41. I am sure someone who knows about which equipment that increases movement speed will add to this post.
    Last edited by Losrase; 10-31-2007, 12:55 PM. Reason: Sorry I put this in the wrong Forum.
    PSN ID: Kelshan
    Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
    Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
    sigpic

Re: FFXI Traveling

Not sure if you're asking a question here or just listing information for the heck of it or what, but:

The airship doesn't have a level requirement; you get the pass when you attain Rank 5 or when you pay 500,000 gil.
    Warp is level 17 for BLM.
    There is a level 37 song for Bard now, Raptor Mazurka, that is not as powerful as Chocobo Mazurka.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

It was general information. I realized I put it in the wrong forum (I had two windows open and pushed post on the wrong one.) I know warp is 17, just didnt list it because I was showing the maximum level needed to unlock every thing for traveling.

I completely forgot about the airship thing. I havent had to do it since a few month after the FFXI release on the PS2.

I didnt know about raptor mazurka. Now I have to level bard to 37, that would be better than using thief for flee.
      Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
      sigpic

Comment

What do you mean? Escape won't help for crap with traveling, unless you're trying to shave a few seconds off a run to Bastok.

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post
          I was a hardcore FFXI player who turn into a causal player (a.k.a. I have a fiance and she absolutely hates the game). I find myself having to play when she is not home or watching her sitcoms. I consider myself lucky if I get 8 hours a week in. I been pondering getting a laptop and a satelite card to play after work.

Firstly, I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. My fiance asked if there was a disk that I needed to play this game....

Secondly, I only get to play when she sleeps and I wake up before she does. ...and then I have to role out of bed ever so gently....

Thirdly, I envy your 8 hours a week.... (5 if I'm fucking lucky. >.< )

...and last but not least, as far as FFXI Traveling goes, I am going to buy a laptop and find an ISP in my area that does satcons....as my FFXI is going to be traveling to work....in the passenger seat of my Jeep.

....I'm having withdrawal symptoms of the worst type.

~~EDIT: Not bitching at the OP....just letting him know that he's not alone. Good luck to you.
          Last edited by WovenDarkness; 10-31-2007, 04:30 PM. Reason: Hindsight...and really fat fingers

Comment

I thought satellite is bad for online gaming due to latency issues?
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
              I thought satellite is bad for online gaming due to latency issues?
              It works well enough for anything you don't need quick timing for. It makes NM camping, and anything else you need to be quick at, a bit difficult

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

For me, it's for farming and what not. Might try leveling bst with it as well. I don't know that I'd do any real partying though....which really is a downer. My whm is perpetually stuck at 56.

Comment

Sorry but about your wife, this is how I would handle it...

Wife: You playing that damned game again? I told you I don't like you playing that.

you: *SMACK* Bitch! Know your place dammit! I CHOOSE, WHAT I PLAY!
                  Now git in the kitchen and make me a sammitch woman!

Then again, I've been told it's a good thing I don't have a spouse.....

Comment

nah just tell her that is something that helps u getting off stress and that way you can come fresh home to play with her

and by traveling i think teles-choco r some of the fastest way to do it after OP.

Comment

Yesterday 04:41 PMFebaWhat do you mean? Escape won't help for crap with traveling, unless you're trying to shave a few seconds off a run to Bastok.

Feda here are the ones I remember using during my BLM days for Escape:

WhiteGate -> Bh(something) Thicket -> Havung (Sp?) -> Escape -> Mount Zh(something)

Tele Dem -> Gusgen -> Old Movopulis(sp?) -> Escape -> North Gustaberg -> Palogourgh Mines (sp?) or Bastok or Old Movopulis solo ENM 60(sp?)

Cape Terrigan (sp?) -> Kuftal Tunnel -> Escape -> Altepa (The one with Rabao) -> Rabao or Kuftal Tunnel or Quick Sand caves

I know there are a few more, but I cant remember off the top of my head.

P.S. how do you do Quotes?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post
                        P.S. how do you do Quotes?
                        Via that handy little button that says "QUOTE" at the bottom right corner of every post.
                        Ellipses on Fenrir
                        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                        . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
                          Via that handy little button that says "QUOTE" at the bottom right corner of every post.
                          And thats what I get for having 1 hour of sleep.
                          <Earns a stupid point>
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X