Character creation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character creation question

Ok so my brother wanted to make a character (because I wont let him play on mine :D) and he said that when he tried to create a character it says he needs an ID. Do you have to pay for IDs?

And when I was making my Mithra, it said "Body size" and I looked through the 3 and nothing seemed different. Am I right?
    sigpic

Re: Character creation question

Yep you gotta buy a content ID for each character you want to creat, it costs $1 USD a month.

And about body sizes the only thing that changes is height, although the difference isn't too much between sizes.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

The content ID is what you're paying for each month. I believe, in the US at least, it's 12.95 per month for the first ID, and 1 dollar a month for any additional IDs (upto a total of 16 IDs per account).

If he is using a seperate account (purchased the game and registered his own codes for it), then it will cost him 12.95 per month, and 1 for any additional characters.

There is a difference in body size. It's more pronounced though when you're standing near other players though. Elvaan and Galka you can really tell the difference, but you'll notice all the characters are of varying heights and such if you look close enough.

Comment

For body size, there really doesn't seem to be much difference between mithra. According to the Latest Vana'diel Census "small" is the most common for mithra. For my character I chose "medium" but I can hardly notice any difference in height when compared to other mithra.

Comment

Well I chose small...because I thought that it would make my character look fat

Does anyone know why you must pay $1 for an extra ID? Would it be possible to use my 30-day free card on my account but on a second character?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slayerneko View Post
            Well I chose small...because I thought that it would make my character look fat
            Does anyone know why you must pay $1 for an extra ID? Would it be possible to use my 30-day free card on my account but on a second character?
            You have to pay more because you're asking more of SE... and cos they say so. It's their ball, their rules *shrug*

Speaking of rules, no on the 30 day trial - those are only usable on new accounts.
            Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
            How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Ok, one more question for now. Its about .dats. If I made a custom .dat or whatever and got it ingame would everyone beable to see it? Or just me? I just wanted to know because most games only show you with a custom skin unless someone else downloads it...
              sigpic

Comment

If you modify a .dat file on a client, then the change is only viewable from that client.

It's a semi-bad idea to let family members start another character on your account. Why? Let's just say my first character is now used exclusively by my sister for storage, all because I let her start a second character on my account...
                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Good idea...I wont tell my bro...

Ok well I guess I wont go through the trouble of editing my Mithra then...
                  sigpic

Comment

yep, run a second account.

I know a married couple that (OK, among a number of other things, it didn't help though) split because of having to share an account (and one of them running off to sleep with some elf... it's a long story, and I don't believe them much anyway)

EDIT: Slayerneko, where in KS are yah?

<-My location.

Comment

HOLY HELL ANOTHER KANSAN! You are the 2nd one I've met! The first was in this clan I was in for CSS called LawGivers.

Anyway I live in Osage City. Its south of Topeka I think
                      sigpic

Comment

Heh, I've met... well, at least two other FFXIrs (from my server, no less) live near me, there's an entire LS on my server that's based out of Lee's Summit IIRC, not sure if they're still together.

Comment

Thats cool. What server do you play on? Im on Odin.
                          sigpic

Comment

Used to play on Fenrir, which is where they were all from. When you want to know, click the "CHARACTER INFORMATION" button under someone's name, usually has it.

also, since you're a good little newblet, let me tell you of three amazing things.

1- The search button at the upper right. Use it, and you will learn much.
                            2- FFXIClopedia. When you need to know, check the all knowing pedia.
                            3- When the above fails, google the motherfraker, it's out there someplace.

The fundamental problem with forums is that's there's hardly ever a reason to ACTUALLY make a new thread

Comment

Except breaking the monotony and giving old topics new life.

Kinda like they do when they write so many books about the same stuff.
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X