Conquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest

Okay, quick question about conquest. I know the guy at the gate explains how it works, but right now I'm not in any nation and don't want to travel all the way back to get an explanation. So anyway, how exactly does it work? Does it matter what creatures you fight against or how tough they are? Do you have to gain control over a certain number of areas within a region to gain control of it?

I'm not asking for a full explanation of the rules. I just want a few points cleared up.

Re: Conquest

Well, that pretty much is asking everything about conquest! No worries though, I've got some time to burn, so I'll try to pare down the FFXIclopedia entry. (Would someone mind linking to it? I'm pretty sure I don't have enough posts to link yet?)

Conquest is more or less a friendly challenge between the three nations. Challenge of what? Some strange combination of who can kill the most {Easy Prey} or higher mobs and who can trade the most items to the Outpost NPCs. I'll focus on the killing things part though, as that's how you'll encounter it most often.
    In order to accumulate Conquest Points, three conditions must be satisfied:
    1. You must have the status effect Signet on.
    2. You must kill mobs that are Easy Prey or higher.
    3. You must be level six or higher on your current job.

Conquest Points are what determines who controls a region. Conquest points accumulated are proportional to the difficulty of the mob you're killing in much the same way experience points do. There are other variables involved, but that's the basic outline of it.
    Conquest standings are calculated each Monday morning at 0000 JST (UTC +9). When this conquest tally takes place, the Nation that has the most conquest points in a region (summed from the various areas in that region) will have control of the region. This is important for acquiring crystals and various other things you can find on the FFXIclopedia page. However, the number of regions a Nation controls has no bearing on the Nation's rank - that's determined by total conquest points from the previous week. This has occured before - a Nation who controlled the least regions was actually first in conquest.

Phew, I think that answers your questions! To the best of my knowledge, that's correct. However, if I'm off base, would someone please correct me?
    Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
    How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Conquest
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Yes, that did answer my question. But you typed more than you needed to. Like I said, I wasn't asking for a full explanation. Most of that stuff I already knew.

So it doesn't matter now many areas you are dominate over and is just based on the number of points in that region? Alright. Well, thanks for your help.

Comment

If you loose signet and none of your regions guards are about, each city i.e. windhurst, bastok & Sandy has a embasy of the oposite nations where you can get signet cast on you.

I.e. if your in windhurst and your home nation is bastok, their is the Bastoken embasy in Windhurst Port where you can find an Iron Muskater to cast signet on you and also buy equipment off with your conquest points like your home towns gate guards. you can't get new missions though.

In jeuno there is a multinational guard next to the homepoint crystal in each areawhere you can get your nations signet and buy your nations conquest items from.

Comment

What if you use your conquest points though, does that take away from the total of the nations conquest tally? Or is that how they get them in the first place??
            I saw some guy have this on his bazaar comment, when I first joined on 7-11-2007 I laughed lol.

a subjob is like sex, you cant get it till you are 18 and you are laughed at if you dont have it by 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Onni View Post
              What if you use your conquest points though, does that take away from the total of the nations conquest tally? Or is that how they get them in the first place??
              No. You get conquest points to spend. When you get them, and only when you first get them does it have any barring on the Conquest Tally for that week.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
              X