Might be a stupid question but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be a stupid question but..

I haven't seen any similar questions so here goes..

My mother plays FFXI and we team up alot. We each have three characters and are content with all of them save one..

She has decided she picked the wrong face/hair combo for her Mithra.. She's not happy with her brown hair and pigtails. Her problem is she wants to keep everything she's got but would like to edit her character to change the face/hair to one of the other face/hair styles.

Is it possible to do this? Can she delete the character then recreate the same character with the same name but different face/hair choice yet still have her chocos, job levels, items, etc?

Re: Might be a stupid question but..

No. None of what you are asking can be done, except the deleting and re-creating part. However, if you delete the character, obviously you will be started over from the start.

Your mom is going to have to live with her Mithran face.

Edit > Actually, now that I think about it, she can change how her character looks by modding the character's .DAT file, but it will only look different on her computer; no one else's. If she doesn't play on computer than your SOL. Sorry.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

No.

You can change the name, but nothing else.

You can use .dat swaps, but that will only work for that computer.

Comment

Thanx folks.. Yeah she just wanted to know. I keep prodding her That's why I took so long in choosing cause I gotta deal with that face for the rest of my game life so.. XP

The job levels aren't so big a deal as she only has 20RDM and 15WHM on her Mithra but she's raised three chocos and doesn't want to loose them.

Comment

Well you can change what it looks like, but you have to change the name.

1. Delete the character that's her main.
          2. Make a new character with the same name.
          3. Re-activate the original character.
          4. Then you have to choose how your character looks and make a new name because the character you're reactivating has the same name as the character you made in step 2, you'll keep your jobs and everything, just new name/new look.

I'm not sure if this'll work, but, I've heard it does. And if you really want the same name, just repeat the steps again but when reactivating change the name back to the original one (Delete the step 2 character of course, though.)
          In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
          And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
          Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
          Yeah, It’s true.
          It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Tipsy, i'm 99% sure that process only can change the name.

Comment

Off topic, but I just checked out yer webcomic, Khei. It's pretty good, though occasionally a 'lil heavy on the language . . .

Also, you misspelled Final Fantasy XI as "Final Fantasy XII" in your first FFXI comic.

Anyways, what kind of charactor are you supposed to be? Your artwork kind of reminds me of that of Doemain, but I'm not so sure which animals you and Nathan are supposed to be . . . in all honesty, you look like canine tigers.

Eh, it's not like I can do any better. An alien I drew would probably look WORSE than a Nerds candy.

And, finally, you made a good move trading that Xbox for a PS2. Seriously. (Oh, and, my favorite part was the nosebleed. )

All-in-all, a great timewaster. I'll be watching any future comics that may appear.

/offtopic
              Originally posted by Armando
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Originally posted by Armando
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                Off topic, but I just checked out yer webcomic, Khei. It's pretty good, though occasionally a 'lil heavy on the language . . .

Also, you misspelled Final Fantasy XI as "Final Fantasy XII" in your first FFXI comic.

Anyways, what kind of charactor are you supposed to be? Your artwork kind of reminds me of that of Doemain, but I'm not so sure which animals you and Nathan are supposed to be . . . in all honesty, you look like canine tigers.

Eh, it's not like I can do any better. An alien I drew would probably look WORSE than a Nerds candy.

And, finally, you made a good move trading that Xbox for a PS2. Seriously. (Oh, and, my favorite part was the nosebleed. )

All-in-all, a great timewaster. I'll be watching any future comics that may appear.

/offtopic
                heh thanx ^^ Yeah I keep forgetting to upload the corrected strip XP typos happen at 2am As for language yeah.. It was drawn/started post SLiTHER 'nuff said.

Khei and Nathan are Kittora. It's a anthro race that was invented for a novel I'm in the process of trying to write. (Along with gawd knows how many other races I've created) They generally look, in short, like canine tigers so yer not mistaken ^^ (Doemain is a cool strip too I know Sue and Bennie from FurryMUCK) My style is the same in HN as it was in Leon & Kay though sadly the comic is dead atm thanx to the pawspace server having died.

Comment

That's what I thought Feba, but, for some odd reason I strangly remember a friend of mine becoming an elvaan...
                  Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

Step 1: Delete old character.
                    Step 2: Create elvaan.
                    Step 3: Ram a molten iron rod up your ass for changing to elvaan.

Comment

I also remember a friend of mine saying that's a way how to change your character model because, I kept asking if I could..

if anyone has done that trick, your input is appreciated.
                      Yeah, It’s true.

Comment

I didn't even know changing your name that way worked, the only guy I know to change his name had it done by a GM after someone "hacked" (meaning he gave some non-trustworthy idiot his pw) his account and deleted everything. Apparently.

Comment

tipsy, that would be Wardrobe. It's clientside.

Comment

Working...
                          X