Jeuno Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeuno Fame?

Sorry for the length of the newbie question but it takes some explaining. Not that I am complaining about this I was just curious because it’s not the same as what I read on wiki. According to wiki your jeuno fame is the average of your two highest fame levels in the three starting cities.

I have been upping fame for teleport quests and gobbiebags and so I don’t have to do it later and a couple of days ago I was 5, 3, 3, 4 in Windurst, Sandy, Bastok and Jeuno which fits with wiki. After getting a bit fed up and deciding to fame spam Only the Best for a little while I was at 5, 6, 6 in the start cities and expecting to be 6 in Jeuno. I went to Jeuno to check the fame there to be sure and I was a bit surprised to see I had maxed fame at 9. I had not done any Jeuno only quests between the time I checked and had fame four and the time I checked and had fame 9.

Not that I am complaining about the fame, loving the fame but don’t know how I got it . Anyone know please?
    sigpic
    Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Re: Jeuno Fame?

Ya know, I've actually never been too sure on Jeuno fame myself. I always figured it was probably like the Wiki said, but with a slight modifier that we aren't aware of or able to calculate (easily). This could maybe explain your fluctuation in Jeuno fame. /shrug

-----------------
    I actually have a question myself while we're on this topic. When did they start calling fame, "Reputation" on the Wiki? I've noticed that word everywhere in teh wiki and if you go the fame page, it just redirects you the Reputation page, which is all the info from the Fame page, but called Reputation. That was an awkwardly phrased question.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I never knew that J-fame was worked out using just the two highest starter city fames. Good to know

And if that's the case, is 'Only The Best' the Millioncorn/Cabbage/whetever quest in Selby??? If it's not, you may as well stop reading this post now.. (^_^) Otherwise..

The Selby Millioncorn quest will raise Both Bastok and Sandy fame. Since J-fame is an avg of the highest two, if you traded enough to get Hero in Bastok and Sandy, then that's where your new-found status in Jeuno has come from.

Theoretically, enough Millioncorn will take you to Hero in three cities, meaning all you need is an afternoon stuffing your PJs with Cornettes to get the fourth.
      Oh, Warp. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Comment

I was always told that Jeuno was the average of all 3, and that I did that quest (the Only the Best) so much that my (actual) Bastok/Sandy fame was around level 13-14, which is what would get averaged with the 0 I had in windy for my 9 in Jeuno.

I'd agree with Ame, though, that there's some unknown modifier for all cities in fact.

Why I say all cities: When I came back from my 6 month vacation, I was fame 9 in windy. However, I've never been big on windy fame, and before I left I KNOW that I was, at most, fame 5-6. May have been more about 3. And I have no clue where that extra fame came from, but I'm happy to have my hero in windy, for once.

Maybe I should check my Norg, and see if it's any higher than 4.
        Kindadarii (Bahamut)
        90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
        70.3 + 2 Woodworking
        52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Thanks Ameroth and KingOfZeal, good to know that other people have noticed the weird too. ^^

Originally posted by Deeke View Post
          I never knew that J-fame was worked out using just the two highest starter city fames. Good to know
          No this is my point, Jeuno fame is NOT the average fame in the two highest starter cities +whatever you get from Jeuno fame only quests. I didn't get up to hero fame in Bastok or Sandy (6 in both cities and only 5 in Windy) which is why I am confused about where hero fame in Jeuno came from.
          sigpic
          Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

Originally posted by Saren View Post
            I didn't get up to hero fame in Bastok or Sandy (6 in both cities and only 5 in Windy) which is why I am confused about where hero fame in Jeuno came from.
            Apologies^^

I read from your post that you were 6 in Bastok/Sandy before the Only The Best spam and that no mention of the revised fame level was given.

Jeuno at 9 with S-B-W at 6-6-5? I agree, how very peculiar.
            Oh, Warp. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Comment

How much is the Millioncorn go for usually at the AH? Can I redue that quest X times? Does my fame raise in each nation for each time I sell her Millioncorn? THanks,

Evion
              Current Server: Asura
              Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
              Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
              Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
              Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
              Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

As stated by http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Only_the_Best:

Repeatable: Yes
                This Quest will raise Reputation in two of the main nations (Bastok and San d'Oria) plus Jeuno. It appears to generate more reputation in Bastok and San d'Oria than in Windurst.
                And, as far as "how much it goes for", ffxiah is quite useful, or you could always check yourself. Different servers will have different prices.
                Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

the millicorn is cheaper at the coolinarian guild and u will only raise ur bastok/Sandy fame with that but also low ur tenshodo fame

Comment

I am blocked from almost every site but this one at my work... But thanks.
                    Current Server: Asura
                    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
                      the millicorn is cheaper at the coolinarian guild and u will only raise ur bastok/Sandy fame with that but also low ur tenshodo fame
                      I was pretty sure that the "lowering Tenshodo fame" thing was proven to be a myth. I don't know where to find the evidence of this, though I'm sure it exists somewhere.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfZeal View Post
                        As stated by http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Only_the_Best:
                        And, as far as "how much it goes for", ffxiah is quite useful, or you could always check yourself. Different servers will have different prices.

you know you can buy it from

Vendor Prices
                        Name Zone Price
                        Benaige San d'Oria South (F-7) 43 - 52 gil
                        Antonian San d'Oria North (J-8) 43 - 52 gil
                        Oggodett Bastok Markets (I-9) 43 - 52 gil
                        Maqu Molpih Windurst Waters (H-8) 43 - 52 gil
                        Chomo Jinjahl Windurst Waters (E-8) -
                        Kopopo Windurst Waters (E-8) -
                        Komalata Tavnazian Safehold (G-7) 43 - 52 gil
                        Rubahah Aht Urhgan Whitegate (F-9) 43 - 52 gil
                        -Baka Inu!
                        Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                        Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                        Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                        Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Same thing happened to me.

Started the day rank 8 in windy, and rank 0 in the other 2 cities. Turned in 15 stacks of moss in selbina.

Warped back to Jeuno and am now rank 9 fame there...

Comment

Working...
                          X