No announcement yet.

can ffxi be downloaded to a cell phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can ffxi be downloaded to a cell phone?

Are there any legit programs that allow ffxi to be played on a cell phone or do I at least need a computer(I have an x-box but would like to be able to check on things at work). If I cannot play it on a cell phone will SE allow cell-phone access in the future?
    u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Re: can ffxi be downloaded to a cell phone?

FFXI on a cell phone? I have a pretty great computer myself, and I can experience a ton of lag on things. The only thing I could see that would be useful to check on a cellphone is your auction house results, which is why we have ffxiah.com

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen View Post
      FFXI on a cell phone? I have a pretty great computer myself, and I can experience a ton of lag on things. The only thing I could see that would be useful to check on a cellphone is your auction house results, which is why we have ffxiah.com

basically I have alot of downtime at work so I figured it would be a good chance to adjust/check my Bazaar or AH. There is also a FFvii game on my phone(something Cerebus---cant remember the exact title) so I thought I would ask about FFxi.

What exactly can I do on ffxaiah.com? Will I be able to access the site if Somepage.com and FFxiclop.com(sp) are blocked (lol-this is the only ffxi site which is not blocked )

Comment

the short answer is no. I don't even think it's remotely possible giving the limitations of cell phone memory and processors.

That FFVII game, you will notice, is not the exact same game as FFVII. It only shares the name, but everything else is different.

As for ffxiah, it's a website that scraps and allows you to browse in-game AH transactions. It's pretty neat (and very useful) actually.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post

That FFVII game, you will notice, is not the exact same game as FFVII. It only shares the name, but everything else is different.

Thanks for the info(it saves me from blowing $12 on a bad game). I also see what u mean about the space limitations(all though it would be interesting to see 1 building in Bastok and the rest of the screen blank, or half of a craig)

Comment

Maybe in the near future when we can make a 2mm 2gigs CPU with micro sized 3D graphic cards....
            Stay tuned.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hate to necro, but it is technically possible. There are cell phone remote desktop applications out there that can be combined with video games. It's slow as hell, and you have to leave your home computer on, it's laggy, you probably wouldn't be able to leave your moghouse, and checking the AH would be lucky, but it IS possible. I've seen someone rig up their cell phone to play EVE online this way. It works, but it's not pretty.

Comment

I just clicked and did a properties on my playonlin folder, its 8.26GB, can you imagine that on a phone?

I think you mean to check the AH right?

Well there is a website to do that its FFXIAH.com and as long as you put things up in Jeuno with 30 minutes of something selling it will appear on that site as being sold. For playign teh game, you have no hells chance of doing that, come on have you seen teh java games that take up half your phones memory to play and how basic they are? FFXI although its 5 years old can still tax pc's of 3 years old.

as said before you can unblock sites by going through an anomynous proxy like YouHide.com - Anonymous Proxy Server they don;t work 100% but it may help.

Comment

For sure with time running games like FFXI in cell phones will get easier and be of higher quality. Its just a matter of time and consumer demand, if there are tons of folks out there in the market who want it it will happen.

Comment

You really felt the need to necropost to a thread to post "Things be getting faster eventually?"

Hell, you really felt the need to sign up to post that?
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I'm sure the iPhone could run it

Maybe they can have more data stored on servers, requiring less bytes of data on the phone?

Like a website that you go to, like FFXI Online ONLINE <_<?

Maybe.

I mean there's 80gig ipods... so memory isn't really too farfetched.
                      Just gotta fit everything else into minibytesize

So this thread as been brought back from the dead, twice?

Is that a new record?

I wonder what thread on this forum has been revived the most ("pix of ppl who play ffxi" doesn't count. Neither the "Post your latest/best accomplishment").

In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                      And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                      Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                      Yeah, It’s true.
                      It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

It's highly unlikely that even the iPhone could run it. It has little to do with space. My son tried to do it with his PSP. He got it so he could see his character in the mog house and control his character too but there was no way you could read the text and when he adjusted it then so much was cut off it wasn't playable. I have to admit I busted out laughing when I saw the thread title in the New Posts.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

If I can see FFV's menus on my Micro, FFXI on a PSP's screen isn't a problem, if you turn the resolution way way down.

I'm not aware of any remote desktop applications for PSP though.

Comment

Handheld MMOs, hmmm, that would be so great.

Maybe not.
                            I can see the IQ levels of high school graduates decreasing already.
                            In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                            And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                            Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                            Yeah, It’s true.
                            It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                              If I can see FFV's menus on my Micro, FFXI on a PSP's screen isn't a problem, if you turn the resolution way way down.

I'm not aware of any remote desktop applications for PSP though.
                              Trust me, my son did it, it wasn't playable. This is the only picture I could take because he gets irritated when I'm in his room. He knows I'm going to start complaining about how messy it is.

Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X