Alot of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alot of questions

Ok instead of me making endless threads asking questions i thought it would be much easier to ask them all in one go hehe I warn you, only read these if you have alot of spare time on your hands

*I apoligize if any of these questions have already been answerd previously*

Ok here it goes...

1. My main Job is WAR, what sub job do you sugest i get to go with it? also it is lvl 18 you have to be before you can get a sub job rite?

2. I eventually want to get the Samuri job so that i can wield katana's and so on, how do i unlock the samuri job? and do i have to be a certain lvl before i can start to lvl it?

3. I changed my job to BLKM just to see what casting spells is like but it said i didnt have any, how do i get magic on the BLKM at lvl 1? also how do i lvl BLKM/WHTM?

4. Onto Crafting skills. What craft skill do you suggest i lvl to earn myself some gill? i was thinking about fishing so i bought a yew rod but im not sure what bait to use or where to fish. (im in the kindom of San D'Oria)

5. What is synthising? and how do i do it?

6. Onto combat. aswell as your job lvl there's combat skills i just wanna know whats the highest lvl they can reach and if i got my WAR to 75 would the combat skills still lvl?

7. Are there any dis-continued items in the game? If you've played runescape you'll know what im on about, if not then there items that have been released in the game for a special event like christmas they would maybe bring out a santa hat that is no longer available to buy?

8. Is there a limit to what lvls skills and jobs can reach? if so can you please tell me.

Ill add more questions in about 20-30 mins.

Thank you for reading

Re: Alot of questions

1. MNK is good for now. If you keep leveling WAR, you'll want THF and NIN eventually. Yes, level 18 is when you can do the subjob quest (you can get the items before then).

2. Level 30 is the minimum to unlock any of the extra jobs. Here's a run-down on the SAM quest.

3. There's a magic shop in Bastok Markets, Port Windurst, and Port San d'Oria. You level BLM and WHM the same way you do any other job: kill stuff.

4. Most crafts take investment to make money. Cooking and Alchemy can make money from the start if you're patient, observant, and careful. Many of the others you'll be losing at least a little money until you're a good way in. Fishing's an okay start. Use little worms (they're cheap at the shops) and fish where there's water (start in town so you don't have to worry about mobs). Check the crafting/fishing forum here for more info.

5. Synthesis = Crafting. Find a recipe, get the crystal and ingredients, and use the crystal from the item menu. Put the ingredients in the slots, hit OK, and cross your fingers. Crafting forum for more info.

6. Each skill has a different cap with each job. For example, a 75 WAR has a higher cap in Greataxe than Sword, and a 75 DRG has a higher cap in Polearm than a 75 WAR. This page shows the caps for 75WAR.

7. I don't know of any specifically, but I believe there are a few items like that. Actually, the Moogle Rod was only available to people who attended the last FanFest.

8. 75 is the limit on levels. Skill levels depend on the job. Crafting skills, you can take all of them to 60. Then you have 40 levels after 60 to distribute among all crafts (so you could take one to 100 or one to 90 and one to 70, for example). Fishing is separate from this, you can take that to 100 without affecting the others.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Re: Alot of questions

6. Reguarding Skills and War. I personally leveled warrior to 75 as my first job and it was such a good idea. War is able to use almost all weapons the other jobs can, as well as have a decently high skill cap for them. While a warrior should always XP with an Axe and Great Axe exclusively, they can skill up other weapons in free time to skill levels high enough to end-game.

Personally, i've leveled weapons for jobs i haven't even leveled yet for the sole purpose of being more effective at the job. A job with a higher skill level will have higher accuracy and damage for that weapon.

I've unlocked all Great Axe, Axe, Dagger, Sword weapon skills as war alone, working on great sword then scythe for when i start Dark Knight.

Comment

Working...
      X