• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /wait in my Drain macro not working.

OK, I have my macro for drain.

/ma "Drain" <t>
    /wait 66
    /echo Drain Ready

The first line works. My second line works but comes up the moment I activate the macro so I assume it's something to do with my /wait. I'm not sure why this is happening, all my other /wait macros work and I just copied them and changed the number.

Re: /wait in my Drain macro not working.

/wait only goes up to 60 iirc

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Maximum /wait is 60 each.

You could do:

/ma "Drain" <t>
      /wait 60
      /wait 6
      /echo Drain Ready

But the odds of that ever coming up are pretty slim when you're not soloing. Using any other macro will interrupt that one. Meaning if you fire off Macro 1, then Macro 2, Macro 1 will stop at whatever point you fired off Macro 2.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

Ok, Thank you

Originally posted by Ellipses
        But the odds of that ever coming up are pretty slim when you're not soloing. Using any other macro will interrupt that one. Meaning if you fire off Macro 1, then Macro 2, Macro 1 will stop at whatever point you fired off Macro 2.
        Is there no way around this problem? I do tend to use a lot of other marcos in combat.

Comment

Originally posted by durecellrabbit
          Ok, Thank you

Is there no way around this problem? I do tend to use a lot of other marcos in combat.
          I'm curious is there a reason for the /wait 66?

And if there's a way around this, I'm unaware of it. And I think it sucks and S-E needs to address this. Nothing like having a bunch of /wait macros only for them to be completely useless for any number of reasons.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

The recast timer is 60secs and I needed extra time, spell was not ready, so I assumed it was because of ther casting time and guessed 6 sec extra.

Comment

Well, there's no way to keep one macro from interrupting another, no. But personally, I prefer /recast and/or <st> to keep track of when things are ready. My Drain macro is:

/ta <bt>
              /recast "Drain"
              /ma "Drain" <stnpc>

First line targets the most-recently-claimed mob. Second line tells me how long til Drain is ready. Third line gets the spell ready and gives me a blue arrow to either Enter (cast the spell), change targets and Enter, or Esc (cancel the whole macro).
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

make a macro for recast timers on often used spells

/recast Drain
                /recast Aspir
                etc..

that way you can just hit it to see if your spells are ready

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I'm not a fan of <bt> because if you have a link, it does not always target the mob that is actively engaged. So you can end up using a spell on a mob that someone slept and end up waking it. It's especially bad if you Bio, Dia, Choke, etc. a mob that is an add and then it can not be slept.

But there is no way to get around the /wait issue. As long as you use another macro before that wait is up, you will not see the /echo effect.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                    I'm not a fan of <bt> because if you have a link, it does not always target the mob that is actively engaged. So you can end up using a spell on a mob that someone slept and end up waking it. It's especially bad if you Bio, Dia, Choke, etc. a mob that is an add and then it can not be slept.

But there is no way to get around the /wait issue. As long as you use another macro before that wait is up, you will not see the /echo effect.
                    if you look Ellipses actualy does the actual targetting with <stnpc> but just uses the <bt> to start it out on the battle target.
                    Kylestie was defeated by Curiosity.

Comment

Yeah, /ta <bt> is my only use of <bt>, and the only thing I'd ever recommend it for. In most battles, where there isn't a link, it gives me a quick way to get back on the mob to watch its health, in case macro system weirdness leaves me inadvertently targeting a party member after a cure. In battles where there is a link, it keeps me paying attention.

Edit: By the way, it was not my intention to go wandering so far afield. Erm... Look at the pony! >.> <.<
                      Ellipses on Fenrir
                      . . .

Comment

Working...
                      X