This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling the GM

is it true I could call a GM if someone was sending flame tells that were accented with racial and cultural group deragatory language?
    Thom @ Lakshmi server -> 70WHM/75PLD/75SMN
    Shall Shell / The Ultimates / FatesHand All Right!

Re: Calling the GM

From everything I'm to understand, yes. It couldnt hurt to try anyway.
    Now, actually getting the GM to do something about it is another matter, but the stuff I read before playing gave me the impression that something like general cursing was allowed (to an extent) but cursing at someone was strictly prohibited. Though it doesnt stop a lot of people.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

It won't get them banned necessarily. But it will go on their record. So if they have a huge record of doing it, they can get banned for it. If its their first offense, they probably will just get warned.

The GM won't tell you what they're doing, though. And they'll probably tell you to blacklist the person.
      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

It'll go on their record, but all they'll tell you to do is /blist
        -Baka Inu!
        Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
        Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
        Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
        Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Yea because apparently you solve issues by ignoring them X-)
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Well there's the in game filter for general cussing so that's why they are pretty slack on that. But I think they are a little more strict on racial slurs/derogatory remarks. I've never called a GM on this before though, usually a /blist is sufficient.
            Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

yeah i blacklisted because i didnt want to fuel the fire.

Comment

Blacklisting is a good idea. They may be an general asshole that should be banned from the game but as long as you don't have to put up with them it's cool. What you don't know can't hurt you, right?
                You kill one man, your a murderer
                Kill many and your a conquerer
                Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

GMs take action towards people that insult racial groups, but not cultural ones. If someone were to insult America, the GM would not take action, seeing as Americans aren't a race of people. What they do, though, is take the character you report (if they find proof of what he's done) and put him in an are called "Mordion/Mordin Gaol", which is basicly jail, and talk to him about his offense there. Usually they'll let you off with a warning, but if you have a long history of repeating the same offense, they will either suspend your account for 2 weeks or delete it entirely.

Comment

i didnt mean like bashing americans or japaneese, i was refering to groups like jewish people or homosexuals as an example as 'cultural groups'

Comment

Yeah, if they are insulting a specific group of people (Race or Religious) they'll take action toward it. If they are just harrassing you directly the GMs won't take action unless you've tried already to stop it (Ex: Blacklist). If you blacklist and the guy has so much desire for you to see the insults he's spewing at you that he makes multiple more characters and keeps those characters in locations that you can't blist him at (Ex: Moghouse), then you can call a GM and they'll get him for that.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I got temp-banned for a day for pokespamming a bot. :X lol, it was funny.
                        -Baka Inu!
                        Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                        Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                        Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                        Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

HAHA thats hilarious poke spaming hehe
                          yay new sig!

Comment

Has this happened to people before and should I notify a GM about this?

As stipulated in my journal last night I had a very unfortunate run in with a few monsters, I was fighting a lone goblin, then half way through a Orc grapler and a Goblin weaver spawned near me and automatically agrod and basically beat the hell out of me. (was soloing as Lvl 8 warrior, with all lvl 8 gear). this has happened to me now 4 times with various characters. Its a bit unfair when 2 just spawn near you and auto agro. Is this just fact of life or is it worth mentioning to a GM? You can imagine how I was!!!!

Comment

There is nothing a GM would do about this situation. It is how the game works. My suggestion is to make sure you don't fight in that area anymore. GM's only help if there are problems with other players or you get stuck in an area. They can't help you just for getting your ass kicked.
                              You kill one man, your a murderer
                              Kill many and your a conquerer
                              Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Working...
                              X