Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothcraft Guide

Hello All,

Speaking of old threads in need of an update, I'd thought I'd take a crack at a Clothcraft Guide. The current threads have incorrect Caps and some really bad Synth suggestions. I've been Powerleveling through Clothcraft with a starting cashflow of $400,000. I got to 23 with about 200K in 3 days (I have a huge stock of unsold items). By the way, this path is a little more specific towards the Hades server, so sorry if it isn't too good on yours. You WILL need mules in Sandy/Windy/Basty to get rid of this stuff. And, in many cases at a better Profit/Loss than if you had sold them in Jueno. LV 1-19 gear sells better in the starter towns than in Jueno, so send them to your mules! My best performing mule has been Swinger in Sandy. Darknuts in Basty was better than Asquire in Windy. Now, you are obviously going to want to increase the space in your Mog House with the bed quests and your inventory with Gobbie Bag Quests. Now that you are ready, lets begin.

1. The Clothcrafting guild is in Windy
    2. You will want to have advanced Synth Support at nearly all times during leveling
    3. You don't have to start with a ton of cash, but try to have at least 20K to waste to get anywhere
    4. PLEASE know when to get your synth items from an NPC, Synth, or AH. Or, in worst case scenario: farm!
    5. I show in the guide how the item SHOULD be obtained
    6. If you buy a few stacks of an item from the guild, the price will go up the next day. In some cases 10Xs! So, make sure to buy enough to get done with the item. In most cases you can use the item again down the road on another synth
    7. You should watch FFXIAH.com closely for changes in costs...
    8. This guide may not be the fastest for leveling, but I believe it is the most cost effective. Most of these items can even be sold at even or positive profit! It just takes time at the AH... I have been making a killing off of Brais, and Slacks.
    9. The guide also shows which items can/should be kept for later Synths. B
    10. It's been said that to get the best skill-ups, try to do synths 3-5 cap above your current level. I've had much success doing 2-5 levels above.
    11. Go this route and you will have VERY FEW BREAKS!! I got to lv 23 and can count my breaks on two hands.
    12. The guide also shows which items can be skipped. (For people with lots of cash and no time!) =I
    13. I wanted to put a count estimate needed to buy to get to next level, but I didn't.
    14. The "up to" level is not necessarily the level cap for that synth
    15. Without further ado, have a look at the attached and PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!

Thank you,

Evion
    Last edited by Evion; 10-26-2007, 04:51 AM.
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: Clothcraft Guide

Guide is attached to this post and the thread in a zip file.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Evion; 10-26-2007, 04:52 AM.

Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Slight revision to Levels 26-35...
      Attached Files

Comment

Lessee here, finally have some free time to look at this.

I would nix the glove recommendation, saruta cotton tends to be too expensive to skillup synth with. It is frequently sold out at the weaving guild and is too expensive on the AH. Yes you can harvest it and dig it up with chocobo digging, however not in the quantity you will want. You can also steal/farm it if I remember right but that's even slower and I wouldn't recommend it unless you had THII.

I see you are going for the 2-3 level gap for the most part, I would recommend against this actually. There are alot of synths you can do that are pretty cheap, and while yes you may be covering a larger level gap, you also won't be spending anywhere near as much cash in order to level your craft.

I think I would instead go for Hachimaki or Tekko after you cap on the Capes, and then maybe the Slacks, the Slacks could make some nice cash depending on how many people level low level jobs when you do this. Otherwise I would be inclined to go for the Linen Threads.

I also wouldn't go for the Moblin thread synths right now, too pricey from the AH and can be a bit hard to farm effectively, although with the Signet changes that may have changed.

Fisherman's Tunica is also a bad skillup synth using some fairly pricey ingredients and it is a money synth that alot of weavers seem to use, so you will not be getting a good value for it when you do sell it typically.

Gigas necklaces for wool thread *should* be a good one, I haven't really done it myself but other wind crystal desynths that I have done have yielded very favorable results, much, much, MUCH nicer than lightning crystal desynths both in success rate and skillup rate. My only complaint is that I have only seen 1 gigas necklace drop in all my farming/exp life :/

Carbon fiber synths for now I am kinda in the middle on. They are nice ifyou can make it yourself, especially since Nashmau stocks bomb ash, however since you have bird fletchings at lvl 42, I would be inclined to say skip the flax headband.

Velvet Cloth has a cutthroat market, stay clear of it. And for this level range I would say stear clear of wool synths (wool bracers, wool hose)

I would make silk thread instead, and maybe mix it up with some insect fletchings and silk cloth as I got a bit higher. Also, do NOT skillup synth with spindles, you lose far more if the synth breaks for no additional gain.

Black capes I would only do if they were a guild craft item for that day, silver thread can be a bit pricey although I will say I got good skillups on the 4-5 black capes I made although that may have been luck.

Field hose I dislike because it is a money synth, and sells slow, roughly two per day or thereabouts, although you may make some cash off of it, but breaks are going to hurt.

Wool Doublets are..... Well, that is really not a good choice of a skillup synth. Silk Headbands will be FAR, far cheaper and you won't lose alot of items in the event of a break.

Not gonna spend as much time on these because I forgot why I did them (besides they worked well at the time)

SMITHING:

I would do (and have):

Bronze Ingots > Bronze Scales > Tin Ingots > Aspis

Insanely cheap easy fast way to get from 0-18 for probably 20-30kish assuming you buy all your stuff.

COOKING:

Carrot Broth > Orange Juice > Roast Mushroom > Apple Juice > Meat Jerky > Pineapple Juice > Meatballs/Fish Broth > Melon Juice

AH or NPC at your discretion, most of the items for these can be obtained while farming other things, or are cheap enough (apple juice in particular) that I am indifferent.

I'll have to look at the Alchemy guide later ^^

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

As for the difference from the cap, I tend to like going as high as 5, since you can gain skillups even on failures in that range. I think Linen Threads are just flat-out good (at least on Midgard), you can AH them for a profit if you take the time to find the 187 gil supplies...

Comment

I was able to get rid of my Capes quickly (which is sometimes more important than at a profit). The quickest selling and profitable items so far have been, order:

Brais^^
            Slacks^^
            Cotton Sitabaki^
            Cotton Dogi^
            Wool Cloth^
            Gloves^
            Cape
            Heko Obi
            Hachimaki
            Cotton Headband
            Yagudo Flethchings and everything else
            Still selling my Flax Headbands, so I don't have results yet

I do a lot of selling the in the 3 starter cities for equipment <lv 20. They usually go faster and at a higher price. Gloves go for 1K in Basty and Sandy and make sure to NPC your balls of cotton. The Clothcraft Guide is the only one attached that I have personal experience with. The others are from research on FFXIAH.com / Hades Server / Recipes. Hope it helps somebody is all...

Thanks

Evion

Comment

Been a while! This damn craft really drained all my moneyz.

<60 Field Hose (usually profitable)
              <62 Crow Bracers (Leather sub 20ish, usually profitable)
              <62 Green Ribbon (Cheap, NPC them)
              <63 Hunter's Cotton (Cheap, NPC them)
              <66 Crow Beret (Leather sub 20ish, usually profitable)
              <68 Crow Jupon (Gold sub 21, Leather sub 9, usually profitable)
              <69 Field Tunica (Leather 36, usually profitiable)
              <69 Sail Cloth (Can sell singles for upwards of 10K slowly for huge profit)
              <72 Black Chocobo Fletchings (VERY CHEAP, could start 6-10 lvs early on these)
              <78 Rainbow Thread (Cheap and usually profitable)
              <79 Rainbow Velvet (usually profitable)
              <80 Rainbow Cloth (USUALLY profitable)

Comment

Working...
              X