This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vyuru's Weaving guide, a work in progress

I thought I'd make a guide, seems alot of people struggle through weaving, I mentioned in another thread that I came up with a way to fairly quickly and easily get through the lvl 50 stage and here it is!

The secret?

Scroll down to the lvl 50 section and find out!

This guide *may* lead you down the profitable skillup road, your server's economy may be different from mine so no promises, at the time I did this I was able to make a decent amount of profit from my skillups. Not alot, but I rarely lost money skilling up.

Also, you will see alot of my guide using recycled materials (like skill up on linen thread, then use that linen thread to make linen cloth) or buy items from the guild shop when it's cheap, so while you will probably never see me recommend a synth that uses Saruta Cotton (expensive) you will see me recommend a few that require Cotton Cloth (normally pretty cheap at the guild shops)

Also, right now my skill in weaving is 59.something or other, so all advice after that is pure speculation and what I *plan* on doing, it might change.

Things to get: (For now)

Weaving Glasses

Lvls 1-10

Skill Test Item: Cape

Weaving lvl 3 cap, Grass Thread:

2x Moko Grass, 1x Lightning Crystal

Weaving Lvl 4 cap, Grass Cloth

3x Grass Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

Weaving Lvl 8 cap, Cape

2x Grass Cloth, 1x Grass Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

Desynth recipe

Weaving Lvl 8 cap, Cape > Grass Thread

1x Cape, 1x Lightning Crystal

Comments:

You can buy moko grass cheaply at any of the weaving guild shop locations, or you can harvest it in Sarutabaruta/Yagudo place whose name eludes me at the moment, Giddeus, that's it!

The first rank up item is a cape, so might as well skillup on them IMO, also you can skillup on the desynths if you are so inclined, and hopefully get back some of your grass threads, up to you which you want to do.

Lvls 11-20

Skill Test Item: Cotton Cape

Weaving Lvl 11 cap, Hachimaki

2x Grass Cloth, 1x Wind Crystal

Optional: Weaving lvl 12 cap, Woodworking lvl 3 cap: Tekko

2x Grass Cloth, 1x Grass Thread, 1x Lauan Lumber, 1x Earth Crystal

Weaving lvl 19 cap, Linen Thread

2x Flax Flower, 1x Lightning Crystal

Comments:

Hachimaki are cheap and easy to make. I would recommend going straight for the Linen Thread at this point, you will for sure need synthesis support for this however, at least for a little bit. Flax Flowers are fairly cheap/inexpensive, you may lose a bit on breaks, but this should pull even or make money, save the thread for the linen cloth skillups later on unless you want to sell it for profit.

Lvls 21-30

Skill Test Item: Heko Obi

Weaving Lvl 22 cap, Linen Cloth

3x Linen Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

OR:

Weaving Lvl 22 cap, Yagudo Fletchings

2x Yagudo Feathers, 1x Wind Crystal

Weaving Lvl 27 cap, Heko Obi

2x Cotton Cloth, 1x Grass Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

Comments:

Not to much to say here, once you take the rank test you will want to start saving up guild points. I would highly recommend getting the weaving glasses and the spinning skill.

Lvls 31-40

Skill Test Item: Feather Collar

Weaving Lvl 31, Soil Hachimaki

2x Linen Cloth, 1x Wind Crystal

Weaving Lvl 35, Wool Thread

2x Sheep Wool, 1x Lightning Crystal

Weaving Lvl 37, Wool Cloth

3x Wool Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

Comments:

This used to be a very profitable stage, but since the change to how Pallas/Alky are spawned, people are camping the gigas up in the tower and turning their socks into wool thread and have trashed the wool thread market, you will lose money at this stage sadly. Looking at the other options to skillup on, I think I'd still take this route however.

Lvls 41-50

Skill Test Item: Wool Bracers

Weaving Lvl 42, Bird Fletchings

2x Bird Feathers, 1x Wind Crystal

Mix it up with

Weaving Lvl 43, Hemp Gorget

8x Grass Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

Comments:

Short and fast this time, not much in the way of what I consider good skillups, I.E, stuff that is easily available, doesn't require 8 different items, and is cheap. The next spurt will be painful, but cheap.

Lvls 51-60

Skill Test Item: Red Cape

Weaving Lvl 51, Silk Thread

2x Crawler Cocoons, 1x Lightning Crystal

Weaving Lvl 52, Insect Fletchings

2x Insect Wings, 1x Wind Crystal

Weaving Lvl 53, Silk Cloth

3x Silk Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

IF you can get the wool cheap, which I can't :/

Weaving Lvl 55, Karakul Thread

2x Karakul Wool, 1x Lightning Crystal

Weaving Lvl 57, Karakul Cloth

3x Karakul Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

Comments:

Your bread and butter for this level will be insect fletchings, I could pick up a stack of insect wings for under 1k, so while that was a considerable level gap to get through, it was pretty cheap, like damn but that was cheap kind of cheap. Hope you got those +1 skill glasses though They make a world of difference.

Lvls 61-70

Skill Test Item, Wool Doublet

Weaving lvl 62, Green Ribbons

1x Silk Cloth, 1x Wind Crystal

OR

Weaving lvl 63, Hunter's Cotton

1x Carapace Powder, 3x Cotton Thread, 1x Distilled Water, 1x Earth Crystal

Weaving lvl 69, Silk Headband

1x Silk Cloth, 1x Carbon Fiber, 1x Earth Crystal

Comments

What's that you say? The grand secret is to go the silk cloth > green ribbon route? YUP! Now alot of people go on about how much gil is lost during this stage, or people recommend you desynth the green ribbons into silk thread to save gil, and yadda yadda yadda. I have only this to say.

DO NOT DESYNTH THOSE RIBBONS!

Now, what I have done is gone and bought crawler cocoons from the guild shops, make them into silk thread and then into silk cloth for green ribbons. Let's run a little math.

Cheapest I have seen crawler cocoons sell for at the guild shops is 187 gil. You need 2 cocoons for each thread, 12 to a stack, so 24 cocoons per silk thread stack. 3 stacks of silk thread per stack of silk cloth and that is 72 crawler cocoons per silk cloth stack. Now multiply that by 187, not counting the cost of crystals or spindles, that comes to 13,464 gil spent per stack of silk cloth made. Now, green ribbons sell to NPCs for 2,040 gil EACH with max fame, so 12 green ribbons sell for a total of 24,480 gil to NPCs.

There you go, the grand secret to the silk road the most painless and easy on the pocket way. Simply wait for the guild supply of crawler cocoons to reach an appropriate price, in general I don't buy unless they are about 360 gil each or lower, and you will roughly break even or make a profit while you skillup. Assuming you don't get any breaks, which you will get a number of when you first start this assuming you are at lvl 53 when you first start.

I worked out how many skillups per stack of cloth I got on average, and I'll have to double check but it was something like .1 skillup per 3 synths, or something on the order of that, I got .6 skillups on average for about a stack and a half of silk cloth.
    Last edited by Vyuru; 08-10-2007, 12:59 PM.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Vyuru's Weaving guide, a work in progress

On to the next post!

Lvls 71-80

Skill Test Item, Silk Cloak

Weaving lvl 72, Black Chocobo Fletchings

2x Black Chocobo Feathers, 1x Wind Crystal

Weaving lvl 78, Rainbow Thread

2x Spider Webs, 1x Lightning Crystal

Weaving lvl 80, Rainbow Cloth

3x Rainbow Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

Comments

Again, not too much to say here. At 1k each black chocobo feathers are kinda pricey, but they are far cheaper and easier to come by than the alternatives. Same with the spider webs, most jobs should be able to find spiders that they can farm for the webs, while jobs like bst and smn should be able to solo the higher level ones with the better drop rates. Actually I'm leveling summoner just for that purpose, well plus it's fun

Lvls 81-90

Skill Test Item, Arhat's Hakama

Weaving lvl 82, Puk Fletchings

2x Puk Wings, 1x Wind Crystal

Weaving lvl 86, Rainbow Headband

1x Rainbow Cloth, 1x Carbon Fiber, 1x Earth Crystal

Weaving lvl 88, Wamoura Silk

2x Wamoura Cocoon, 1x Lightning Crystal

Weaving lvl 90, Wamoura Cloth

3x Wamoura Silk, 1x Earth Crystal

Comments

I think Puk Fletchings would be an easy way to go, you should be able to pick some Puk Wings up while exping in ToAU areas, if not, you may be able to make a little LS farming party. You'll most likely need to do that with the Wamoura stuff, those cocoons are almost always bought out, and I hear the Wamoura have a pretty good drop rate. I really don't know what else I would do during this level, everything else either requires NM/Chest drops, or gold thread, both of which are not attractive to me.

Lvls 91-100

Weaving lvl 93, Giant Bird Fletchings

2x Giant Bird Plume, 1x Wind Crystal

Weaving lvl 94, Rainbow Cape

2x Rainbow Cloth, 1x Silk Thread, 1x Earth Crystal

Weaving lvl 98, Dance Shoes

1x Moccasins, 1x Rainbow Cloth, 1x Rainbow Thread, 1x Earth Crystal
    Support Synth, Moccasins
    Weaving lvl 8, Leather lvl 59
    1x Dhalmel Leather, 1x Linen Cloth, 1x Raptor Skin, 1x Earth Crystal

Weaving lvl 102, Blessed Briault

2x Gelatia, 2x Gold Thread, 1x Rainbow Cloth, 1x Silver Thread, 2x Velvet Cloth, 1x Earth Crystal

Comments

I'd be more inclined to go the Rainbow Headband route over the Giant Bird Fletchings, mostly because the Bark Spiders in the Boyhada Tree have a good spider web drop rate, but I can think of a few other places to farm this stuff up. I plan on skilling up on the Blessed Briault mostly because of the 100+lvl synths it is the easist to find items for, I could easily get a lvl 75 ENM static going for this I think.
    Last edited by Vyuru; 08-10-2007, 01:21 PM.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

Comment

Re: Vyuru's Weaving guide, a work in progress

And there it is! Vyuru's weaving guide in all it's glory! =^.^=

Just some roughly final general comments:

I'd for sure go for all the +skill items I could, it just makes skilling up so much easier. I'd also eventually get all of the Guild Point skills for weaving as well, except for Fletching, Fletching just really doesn't seem worthwhile IMO while some of the others could situationally be useful.
      Last edited by Vyuru; 08-10-2007, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X