How to spend guild points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to spend guild points?

I was wondering what my fellow clothcrafters though about how to spend guild points. I collect GP very slowly, so I thought I would just save for my apron. Having a guild apron is a something I would definately like to accomplish. Recently someone told me I should REALLY get the glasses first... he didn't elaborate though. What are everyone elses thoughts on this?
    Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
    Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
    Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
    Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
    Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
    Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
    ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
    WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Re: How to spend guild points?

The glasses cost less, and they both give +1 Clothcraft. Since the glasses cost less, you can get that +1 skill a bit quicker than if you saved up for Apron first. If you foresee a skill up stretch coming up where that +1 will really help, then you might be better off getting the glasses first.

When I did Cooking GP (which is always very slow), I got the Apron first. I really didn't need the +1 right away for anything in particular. And the Apron looks better than the hat. Not sure how the Clothcraft specs look though. It might add a "cool" factor to the way you look. I know I've toyed with the idea of getting Goldsmithing specs just to have a pair of cool looking shades to wear.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I know I've toyed with the idea of getting Goldsmithing specs just to have a pair of cool looking shades to wear.
      Who hasn't? I know I used to drool over clothcrafting glasses.

Honestly, if SE made a glasses shop in a new town, and priced the glasses at multimillion gil prices, and gave them mediorce stats, they'd sell like hotcakes.

(Can we say "Gilsink"?!)

Comment

Well, I leveled clothcrafting initially because I wanted the glasses to give my mithra that sexy librarian look, so I a bit biased towards the glasses

My opinions on the various GP items.

Fletching:

More or less useless. If you are using fletching for skillups why do you want to make more in one synth? If you are using fletchings for money, more often than not I'd assume that you could HQ the synth in that case, and these are so cheap that I don't see the point in it really. Wind crystals are plentiful, and like 200-500 gil/stack or cluster, so there is not much savings going on there.

Spinning:

I really like this one because I make alot of threads and cloths from the base ingredients, it tends to be cheaper that way and I also farm/harvest/NPC for alot of my items, I rarely buy finished goods off of the AH. Since these synths tend to use alot of Lightning crystals, which are, about 2000-5000 gil /stack or cluster, this does save a bit of gil. This one is really only useful if you craft alot of threads and cloths though.

Cloth Ensorcellment & Cloth Purification:

These I don't know much about, I need to do some more research on them, but I think Cloth Purification is something you should probably get.

There are alot of ingredient items made using Cloth Purification, and these ingredients are NOT up on the AH with any sort of regularity. More often that not it seems that the crafters who make the items with Cloth Purification are making the finished products with them. This could provide you with a nice little niche on the AH for a bit.

For instance, I bought a Blink Band for my Maat fight. It cost me 90,000 gil, and there had not been a Fine Linen Cloth up on the AH for over six months, despite Blink Bands having a very brisk business, and Flax Headbands are mere pennies.

Weaving Glasses, Weaver's Apron, and Gilt Tapestry:

Unless there is one that you really want above all others, I would get Glasses > Apron > Tapestry in that order, mostly because that is the cheapest way to get the +skill, and to my knowledge they all give equal amounts of +skill.

So in summary, I'd get Spinning, Cloth Purification, and the +skill items for sure, maybe Cloth Ensorcellment after all that, and I wouldn't touch Fletching with a 10ft lance, that one just looks like a waste of GP to me.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I would say, definitely go for the nerd glasses first. They're cheap and it's one of the coolest fashion items in the game. Then go for the apron and tapestry. I've heard increasing elemental strength on a guild furniture item does nothing, but I choose not to believe the naysayers. I went for Emeralda first and boosted my power to Overwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
            I've heard increasing elemental strength on a guild furniture item does nothing, but I choose not to believe the naysayers. I went for Emeralda first and boosted my power to Overwhelming.
            Someone has tested whether or not increasing elemental strength could increase the skill boost from +1 to +2 or higher. Tests showed that you can't get more than +1 skill from your guild furnishing / mog enhancement.

I'm more inclined to believe that elemental strength, regardless of the actual mog enhancement, has some affect synthesis, the same way elemental day-of-the-week does.
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

...mithra [...] sexy librarian look...
              If only real life had more Mithras ;_;

WHY COULDN'T I EVEN GET MY PICTURE TAKEN \(;>.<)/

stupid, stupid stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                Someone has tested whether or not increasing elemental strength could increase the skill boost from +1 to +2 or higher. Tests showed that you can't get more than +1 skill from your guild furnishing / mog enhancement.

I'm more inclined to believe that elemental strength, regardless of the actual mog enhancement, has some affect synthesis, the same way elemental day-of-the-week does.

I read that, but as I said, I choose not to believe the naysayers I like my giant feather and weird little doll. I haven't seen actual test results on "close" syntheses however (HQ rate with weak vs overwhelming is what I'm looking for).

Comment

Working...
                X