Damascene Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damascene Cloth

I've recently started leveling clothcraft (am currently in the mid 50s) and one of my main goals is to make and sign a vermillion cloak for my wife. I have no experience with endgame activities, so I am wondering how my fellow clothcrafters aquire their damascene cloth. I would prefer not to buy it off the auction house. I have a few vague ideas but I am not really sure how valid they are.

1) Camp King Artho. Would a casual group of players stand a chance at getting claim? I suspect not but I have no idea.

2) Join a HNMLS. I know it varies from LS to LS, but would this be a way to get the cloth? Is this the kind of item you have to get "points" to lot on it? How long you you expect to be in the LS before you would get some of the cloth?

3) BCNM. All the BCNMs that I have seen that drop the cloth are pretty high (i.e. alot of seals) and this doesn't seem like a good way to get multiple drops.

Do any of you use these methods to get the cloth? Is there a method I have overlooked?
    Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
    Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
    Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
    Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
    Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
    Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
    ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
    WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Re: Damascene Cloth

Personally, I've found that the best bet is to join an HNMLS. Depending on what they do, you could be fighting quite a few enemies that drop the cloth you need. In addition, joining an end-game LS will usually introduce you to people who are more than capable of being partners for some of the high level BCs that drop it, and you'll also be able to find people who might be interested in camping King Arthro.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

As far as D.Cloth goes, most HNMLS' tend to not give it to any one member.
      Make gear for one of their own members out of it, or sell it and split profit.
      Something that benefits the LS in one way or the other.
      I know I'm an a**hole - Reminding me is redundant.
      Main: PLD75:Semi-retired
      Fave: MNK64 (at time of writing)
      Retired: {Other Jobs}
      Gear & Stuff
      The Guide to Partying in FFXI
      sigpic

Comment

Most HNMLS's don't give out D.Cloth to members directly. They either sell it and split the profits (or put them in the LS bank) or give it to a LS crafter to make things for the LS.

You'd have a much easier time just buying the cloth on the AH to be quite honest.

Comment

Some HNMs though offer a discount to members that put in time and effort for the shell.

Though most of the D cloths and such that we get are used to make something for the LS for either a member or to sell. If you are looking just to make a signed piece for your wife, I'd recommend just buying them. Some people just don't enjoy the endgame scene as much, or have the time for it. I'd not recommend joining just for some cloths

Comment

Well sounds like the general consensus is that HNMLS don't let the members lot on these cloths. I may have to start investing some time into trying to make some money with my clothcrafting to buy these cloths.

Nobody commented on the probability of a non-HNMLS getting claim on King Artho. Anyone ever done this successfully? What is King Artho's drop rate for these cloths anyway?
            Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
            Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
            Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
            Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
            Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
            Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
            ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
            WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

Well of the times that we've camped it, we've noticed a decrease in botters there to claim it. It would be possible if you know enough high level friends to help you with the fight.

My recommendation would be to do KSNMs or BCNMs that drop the cloth. Personally I like the Double Dragoniare (sp?) KSNM. Fairly easy, and can be done with a group of 6 people. I've do it regularly with a brd, whm, mnk, blm, rng, pld setup. You could replace the brd with a rdm I suppose, but I wouldn't replace the whm.

If you havn't collected enough seals to do it multiple times, my best suggestion would be to farm and craft to get the gil to buy them. And even if you do the BCNMs but don't get the drop, you might get other drops that will be worth enough to get a cloth.

Good luck.

Comment

Do HNMLSes go after Roc anymore??

I've seen Roc wander around for 10-15 mins before getting claimed...doesn't Roc drop D.Cloth or is it D. ignot i can't remember....i'd say go for Roc if it drops the cloth...a party of 65+ could take it down easily.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Roc drops the Ingot... and yeah, not many people go for him anymore, it seems.
                  I know I'm an a**hole - Reminding me is redundant.
                  Main: PLD75:Semi-retired
                  Fave: MNK64 (at time of writing)
                  Retired: {Other Jobs}
                  Gear & Stuff
                  The Guide to Partying in FFXI
                  sigpic

Comment

If you are in a very good LS, they may allow you a discount. Then your gil would be pooled into their LS bank if they operate one.

However the most efficient method, truly? KS, BCNM, Gardening, finding lower-to-mid level synthesis items that will net you a decent profit. The synthesis matter will take time and research but it is worth it over wasting time blindly aiming for matters.

edit:
                    Also, ISNM's are good even for random pickup calls. IS is very expendable if you're able to save them and while some do not net a WHOLE lot of gil they do add up.
                    Last edited by Saaya; 08-10-2007, 02:26 AM. Reason: Forgot more.

Comment

Working...
                    X