Question on HQ synthesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on HQ synthesis

I was hoping someone could help give me help making High Quality Synthesis.

1) How high does your skill level have to be above a skill cap to consistently make HQ#1 sysnthesis items?
    1a) How about HQ #2,3, and 4
    2) Are there different sounds for successfully synthesizing HQ#1,2,3, and 4?
    2a) I know when I finally make an HQ#1 synthesis, even if the product is the same, I can tell because it lasts a little longer(the synthesis does) and at the end of the sythesis, it makes a 1 barely audible chime.
    2b) Are there more chimes to alert you that you have done a HQ#2,3, or 4 synthesis.
    3) Are the old rules still in effect, in specific, are you much more likely to get a HQ synthesis during New Moon, and on a day when your crystal is weak?

The reason Im asking these things is because I want to know when making worm paste, carrot paste, herb paste, etc. is profittable, because it really isnt until HQ#2, when you are making 6 in a batch, especially when you make HQ#3 and HQ#4.

Plus, I want to know when I can go back to my old cooking recipes or lure recipes, and be pretty confident that I am going to get that Juicy Mutton instead of the tough old Roast Mutton, and when I can synthesize a worm lure, and get a frog lure, or a shrimp lure, or even a lizard lure, whatever bites at that last one.

Thanks for any and all help. Take Care.

Re: Question on HQ synthesis

11 above cap = tier 1, 10%HQ
    31 above cap = tier 2, 30%HQ
    51 above cap = tier 3, 50%HQ
    approximately

HQ1, 2, 3 use same effect. HQ is graphically different from NQ. It gives you little diagonal flashes at the end.

2b - no.

About HQ, I don't think there's any hard proven facts. Just theories. Anyway, the 2 theories that really stand out for me are

1. New moon being related to dark element, and Full moon light element. So, you're more likely to HQ Light base crystals during new moon (thunder, wind, fire) and the rest during full moon.

2. Moon phase and the day its contain. It's a little more complex and I can't find the link... but here's briefly what it says... each moon phase covering 6 vanadiel days. There are always 1 day left out in each state. That day the moon phase doesn't cover, is the weakest element of the phase and is the highest HQ chance.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Regarding 3). The crafting community hasn't managed to get to any real consensus on how HQ crafting results are influenced by day and moon. The only commonly acknowledged theory is the HQ tiers.

Comment

Hello Everyone, I am hoping to expand the moderate amount of Gardening knowledge that I have learned, thanks to this new abundance of friendly forums on FFXIOnline.com. I posted almost the same question on Allakhazam, and no one had any idea. I myself have run experiments and have come up short for my basic question. So, Ill just say it.

I feel an obsession to know the element of the Arcane Pot, the Wooden Pot, and the Wildgrass seeds. I will reply to my own thread to show how finding out the element of Wildgrass could be achieved, but so far I have had absolutely no help. I am almost tempted to think that wildgrass seeds are special in that they have more than one element, especially, the arcane pot and the wooden pot. Unfortunately, I i still dont have either of those pots to with which to experiment. I think I can get an Arcane Pot with my second attempt at the Strange Apparatus' Quest. I have all the passwords, so i sign in on doctor level. The first time I went to Dangruf Wadi with a green chip and infinity core, but logged on and get my thing dispensed on Earthday. I got a Rune Sword which i sold for more than twice the cost of the chip. But I heard from several people that to get the Arcane Pot in the Strange Apparatus in The Horutotu Ruins, which are Lightning based. You have to sign in as a doctor with the password. You then give the Apparatus a Lightining Chip on Lightning Day. I have heard at least 4 people confirm that they got their Arcane Pot. As for the Wooden Pot, I know i will have to fish Blue Marlins or Blue Fish of sometype, and I will never have enough fishing skill to get them map. That Sucks!!!
        If there is anyone on Alexander that would please be willing to sell me a Wooden Pot on Alexander, I would be gracious.

Anyway, the whole point of this thread is to see if there is anyone experienced enough or in with Square that can fill in the Elemental Attributes of these Two Pots and the Wildgrass Seeds. If we know he Elemental forces of Pots and Seeds, we can use various techniques to give us great crops.

The elemental breakdown for pots is this:

Brass = Fire
        Earthen = Earth
        Ceramic = Water
        Porcelain = Wind
        Wooden = ???
        Arcane = ???

The elemental breakdown for seeds is this:

Grain = Fire
        Vegetable = Earth
        Fruit = Water
        Herb = Wind
        Tree Cuttings = Ice
        Tree Saplings = Dark
        Cactus Stems = Light
        Wildgrass Seeds = ???

*** As you can tell from the chart above, I do not know the elemental attribute for the Arcane Pot, the Wooden Pot you can fish in a quest, and the new wildgrass seeds. So if anyone knows this, please post it. The reason for knowing these elements is because they not only allow you to have a better chance of growing the plant you want, but you can figure out easier ways to grow plants you can normally grow so easily. For instance, because the original seeds' elements are Water, Wind, Earth, and Fire; and the original pots' elements are Water, Wind, Earth, and Fire as well, it makes it much more of a pain and contribution of time to grow a Purple Rock than an Yellow Rock, for example. And you can grown more Yellow Rocks at a time than Purple Rocks. This is just a very basic example.

So please, help me out on the elements, and I promise when I complete the first draft of my notes, I will write a very good Gardening Guide for Everyone. And I WILL give credit to everyone that has help me in any of my information gathering. And as far as Information Gathering, if you are like me, and keep a chart of all the gardening attempts you make, along with the results you achieved, and you are feeling generous, please email these results to zaldor@infchaosdrd.net, or infchaosdrd@sbcglobal.net, or to my PlayOnline Email, which is infchaosdrd@pol.com. It would be nice to get an email on that server that is not in Japanese. Also, if you have it in a file of almost any sort like Excel, Access, Text Delimited, etc., go ahead and attach that as well, as that is the important stuff. And I would also love to read emails of Gardening theories, especially from other Gardening Pros and Semi-Pros, even if there is no data to go along with it. Thank you all a million, and send me a tell if you can find the time--I would be overjoyed to hear from you. I have all my characters on the Alexander Server. Zaldor is my main battle/everything but gardening character. And I have one gardening mule named Xane, who has a Bastok Greenhouse--10 pots with 150+ Overflowing Earth Energy, which help to grow plants. I would recommend dedicating a Greenhouse to one of the three cities. Certain things will grow better depending on which city your greenhouse resides in. Well, Good Luck and Happy Gardening!!!!

Thank You,
        Zaldor of Alexander, Citizen of Windurst
        Feel Free To Send Me a Tell Anytime!

After i first posted a similiar thread on allakazham.com, abou t the 3 missing elements, I devised a simple plan to find the Elemental Attributes of Wildgrass. Basically, as with all other seeds, if you plant them and pick them on the right day, i.e. no crystals used, then you could produce a colored rock, and, of course, with no fertilizer, that rock will obviously be the same element of the seed. However, I have been unable to grow a rock without fertilizer using wildgrass yet, unfortunately! But if anyone has produced a rock from wildgrass without using a fertilizing crystal, please tell me. Another clue is that you can obtain almost nothing except salt rock from using wind crystals. Salt Rock is a sign of not enough elemental fertilizer, and the only other thing you can sporadically grow besides rock salt from wind crystals, is Gysahl Greens, which are the worse crop you can get from Wildgrass Seeds. So if anyone can figure any of this stuff out, please let me know. I will soon have a huge, free, guide about Gardening to give to everyone, but I must know about those elements, or I may looknig even more foolish than I already do.

P.S.

I want to thank the 2 posters that responded so quickly on my questions about HQ synthing 1-4. Thanks a bunch, and I am tired, so I am sorry if I rambled a little.

Zaldor of Alexander
        32RDM/15THF 32RDM/(20)SMN 9DRK 9BLUE

Comment

i have quite the same information
          day + moon all i know i already said.
          i mostly try HQ on darksday, sometimes i record my results but it`s hard to find and confirm the results linked to day/moon.
          skill caps in a bit detailled way (remind thats all theory)
          Skill 51+ over cap
          Fail 5%
          NQ 48%
          HQ1 36%
          HQ2 9%
          HQ3 3%
          Skill 31-50 over cap
          Fail 5%
          NQ 71%
          HQ1 18%
          HQ2 4%
          HQ3 1%
          Skill 11-30 over cap
          Fail 5%
          NQ 86%
          HQ1 7%
          HQ2 2%
          HQ3 1%
          Skill 0-10 over cap
          Fail 5%
          NQ 90%
          HQ1 4%
          HQ2 1%
          HQ3 0%
          and here the crafttimer 1 or crafttimer 2 (dunno why there are 2 different links + too lazy to look if they are really different in function ^^)
          Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Working...
          X