Ram Skins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Skins

Well, I'm moving along nicely and profiting quite well from leather so far.
    I'm at the stage where I need Rams..and would like to farm them.
    The 2 lower lvl zones kinda suck since only 2 spawn. I was woundering if anyone could tell me about the rams in Caedarva Mire. I'm currently a 66 BST. Do you know if i can kill them? What are their droprates like? Most importantly, where are they and whats around them as far as aggro and possibly pets?? lol.
    Thanks for any infor you can give me. ^^

Re: Ram Skins

Only two spawn in each zone, but if you have TH, you can get 4-5 skins per ram...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I was there as /thf and was only getting 1-2 per kill. Plus there was someone else killing them which doesnt help when theres so few in the zone. I also intend to use a lot of ram horns for my bonecrafting sub which I try to lvl with the same mobs as my leather.
      As for the Rams in Caedarva, FFXI-Atlas.com says that their lvl is unknown with, I think it said, 5 spawn points. If someone can tell me where they spawn, I would easily go try them out to see what they're like. I could probobly even figure out their lvl on my own.

Comment

the Rams in Caedarva are like lvl 75+ i went there (can remeber how) once and tryied to kill 1 full pt lvl 73-75 we get owned...also those Rams have chigoes with em like Marids so they r really hard ti kill and at the spot i was killing it there was a Treant too so theres no way u can kill them both (they r too close) with a lvl 66 bst not even with a 75 bst so i think u should keep farming Kosnchant/La theine Rams.

Comment

I've farmed the rams with Saber tiger pet. Kill the rams as fast as you can and get nm from spawn. In between - have pet kill every orc that moves. You should get avg 2 skins per kill for rams- 1 fire crystal and 15 gil for orcs and some low level armour. Sell the crystals-and armour and use the gil to buy more ram skins.
          With a tiger you can kill orcs at less than 10 sec interval, Thats over 5k per hour !
          It works for me.
          Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
          Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
          Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

Odd, everytime I go with rng/thf to farm skins, I get an avg. of 3-5 skins per ram.

Having /rng helps a lot since konschatat is such a big zone you can pin point them easier and just flee to them. Since timers are @ 10min each you should have flee up for each spawn if their deaths are spaced out properly.

Also, konschatat has a ton of sheep too. Killing them and turning their skins into leather is a good form of income too.

If you can get the leather guild key item: tanning, you will save a lot of time and crystals since it will allow you to synth 3 skins at a time.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

yeah i go as 60 bst/thf and i get 4-5 item drop, i fill up my inventory quick, i farm at lathein and kons, also if any one in caithsid needs some send me a tel, i have horns for 600g and ram skin for 350g.

Comment

Working...
              X