Dhalmel Hides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dhalmel Hides

I am skilling on the Dhalmel Leather recipe, and I have been farming my hides in Tahrongi Canyon. Little competition, fair drop rate, plus some extra gil off of the Giant Femurs that I get too - not a bad deal. My question for those that have been down this road before - Is there a better place for a 51 THF to farm Dhalmel Hides? I would assume that the Desert Dhalmels in Altepa have a better Hide drop rate, but they would take much longer to kill, so I doubt it would be more efficient for me. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Re: Dhalmel Hides

Dhalmel Hide drop rate sucks.

Pretty much everywhere.

Best I've seen with TH2 was Buburimu, but I needed to make huge trains to even come close... got maybe 1 - 2 hides with a train of 10 dhalmels. ><

Comment

Yeah, I tried Bubu, got 1 skin out of about 12 Dhalmels. I was getting a better rate in TC, and the Dhalmels are easier to kill, so I went back.

Comment

i am on this myself. TC is the best i have seen. i train all of the zone and then use agaIII 75blm/33thf fyi. out of about 20 mobs or so i get 1-5. then i take a 15min rest and do it all over.

i would think that you as a thf with TH2 would have better drop rate then me, but by the looks of it your just haveing bad luck.

i find that the skill up rate on them is low too. or is that just me? i did about 20 trys and got .3 skill ups. my wood was 70 and cloth is 60 and both at that lvl got better skill up rates then this.

i had very bad luck in the bub i trained everything and did the same took 2x the mp to kill off 15 of them with no drops at all.

Comment

I say just stay in Tahrongi Canyon instead of going all the way in Buburimu for dhamel goods because I've wasted so much time in Bubu even with TH2 power.

Have fun!

Paragon of Bard, Summoner, and White Mage Excellence | Summa Cum Laude
          Snip Snap Fun

Comment

bubu is the best place i think. tahrongi has them so spread out that you spend a lot of your time running around. bubu has so many running around that hides are pretty easy to come by in my experiences. get a dagger and cyclone them all to death.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Working...
            X