Mining Mannerisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mining Mannerisms

Alliteration aside, I'd just like to share with everybody how I mine, and I encourage you all to the same to bring things to light that would make everybody better miners.

What I bring:

4-6 Stacks of Picks (60 inventory)
    2 Stacks of Fire Crystals
    Mining Gear
    Linkpearls >.>
    LOTS of Copper ore (15-20)

I'll usually do Oldton or Gusgen. I tend to hit it big in Gusgen (5 Darksteel and 2 Gold in 4 stacks last night), and Oldton's an excellent area for Zinc and Silver (Both which can be made into expensive ingots.).

I have Smithing and Goldsmithing at 15 now, and I'll make the following:

Bronze Ingots - Fire, 3 Copper ore, 1 Zinc ore
    Tin - Fire, 4 Tin ore (BUT useless after Smithing 15, sells for 2k a stack.)
    Silver - Fire, 4 Silver ore
    Iron - Fire, 4 Iron ore

The ingots I make raise my profit up a LOT. 40k for each stack (Aside from Tin) is something to shake a stick at.

Question though... Should I make Bronze with my Tin?

Fire - 3 Copper ore, 1 Tin ore (12k/stack)

Because otherwise I'll toss the tin.

Re: Mining Mannerisms

Should I make Bronze with my Tin?
    I stopped making bronze ingots as soon as I hit goldsmithing 20~. Reason being that you can then desynth moblin helms/mails from oldton. NQ-HQ2 desynth of thses are bronze, and I realized i was spending a ton of time juggling inv/synthing bronze because of the ores to make bronze. I decided it would be better in the long run to toss them and try to make it to more mining points then to make yet another bronze ingot.

Comment

Working...
    X