Mining in Halvung and Mt. Zhayolm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mining in Halvung and Mt. Zhayolm

Has anybody found anything worthwhile in either of these places?

I've ran through about a dozen stacks in Halvung, and two stacks in Mt. Zhayolm.

Halvung

Bomb Ash Common
    Flint Stone Common
    Iron Sand Common
    Sulfur Common
    Mythril Ore Uncommon
    Orichalcum Ore Rare
    Luminium Ore Very Rare

That's Somepage's list of mining in Halvung, the only I could find. I couldn't find anything on Zhayolm's points.

Zhayolm is very easy to mine in with sneak and invis, while Halvung can be tough at times.

Both places have Moblin parts, Iron Sand, Bomb Ash, Sulfur, and Flint Stones, as well as a few simple ores. No Orichalcum, Luminium, Darksteel, or Gold either.

Have you been to either and found anything profitable?

I've been looking for a new spot since the Darksteel boom on my server is over (30k > 50k > 30k).

Thanks!

Re: Mining in Halvung and Mt. Zhayolm

I tried for a few mining points on Mt. Z, a stack of picks, but got nothing worthwhile. I did go through about 4 stacks of picks in Halvung, and what I notice is that the general rule of Halvung is that you've gotta be a 32+ goldsmither if you want to make money in Halvung. The money makers in that zone are not the ores themselves, but the products from the ores. At 32, you should, on firesday and lightsday, beable to synth mythril ores with advanced support into ingots, so that is the absolute minimum for Halvung. For the moblin gear (mail and helm) you can desynth that into brass ingots, or if you're lucky, desynth HQ3 them for gold ingots. If you have smithing leveled, you can also give desynthing troll items a shot (wind and lightning). Seems they can NQ into bronze ingot, and HQ1 into troll bronze ingots and sheets.

Futhermore, a few tips for surviving if mining in Havlung: if you need to reapply sneak and the erucas are up, reapply them in a large room. Usually, in large rooms, only sight mobs are around, and there are one or two areas where you can wait for them to turn their backs, and then reapply sneak and invis. For the area with bombs, if you reapply sneak/invis at the very edge of the cliffs, you should be fine. Also, there is one marked mining point at the base of a one-way ledge where there are no mobs. There's an Eruca in the hall leading to this point, but it won't agro you, so feel free to rest and reapply sneak if you know the point I'm talking about. And last but not least, for Halvung, if you feel like the mining point is too risky, don't bother with it, and move on to the next point. Don't want a troll turning around mid-swing, and agroing you, now would you?

IS DOUKUTSU MONOGATARI NOT AWESOME?

Comment

I didn't have problems with the trolls, and thankfully I was able to avoid many deaths due to sheer luck. I got bomb agro in the chasm a couple times, but was able to warp out while they casted flare.

Comment

Orichalcum Ore Rare
        Luminium Ore Very Rare

i got 1 of each not to long ago. gonna log on in a bit when besieged is over, an check out the prices. other then that i got alot of crap. not really alot of tricks or advice, only that bst/whm is nice in there. bring a pet thus no troubles. not to mention the mining points are in a general area.

i didnt know there were mining points in MT Z. gonna have to explore it more.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Good to know that they are there then.

Thanks!

Comment

Halvung is.. worse than ifrit's cauldron -.-

Theres a small confined area with 3 trolls in it, and 2 damn mining spots right there next to them, and the trolls move around every 10 seconds.. its not impossible, but its not worth it man. SE has got to be kidding..
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I had made a big post about how I don't seem to get agro in that room, but I seem to have lost it.

I've never got agro in that room. The rocks guarding the points must help, and you've just gotta go at the points non-stop, Invis, run out. No problems at all with that room.

As for IC, agro can get bad there, and I never find anything good.

Where are everybody's favorite spots?

Gusgen's nice but crowded gilsellers, and Darksteel dropped in my server.

Oldton's nice and undercrowded, usually I can split three section between a couple gilsellers, and drops come fairly quick,

Ifrit's Cauldron is too dangerous for the lack of rewards,

Halvung is also too dangerous for the lack of rewards,

Mount Zhayolm doesn't load anything good (From what I see),

Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Matera
                Good to know that they are there then.

Thanks!
                Sadly though the mining rate for these are insanely horrid. i think i go there every other day with 3 stacks of picks an mining gear. only good thing for here is the fact i can synth an desynth most of what i can get. thus is really the only thing to make it worth my while. as for the ores they only brang me 800k total. 600k an 200k,

its funny Infrits was mentioned because this place does feel alot like it to me. the one thing i noticed is these mobs have such an odd aggro pattern. bombs are suppose to aggro to sight, yet i can run almost right next to them an not get aggro. some days they aggro to magic from a mile away next day they dont do anything with me right behind them. as for the trolls, they either are very dumb, or really smart.

Zehan mines in bastok is nice if your a new player or a crafter.

yotto ghotto is nice because nobody is usually there, i think the only good thing is gold ore their.

Kokko tunnel has mining points but im not sure whats there thats worth it. but i know it has points.

as for names i think i just mispelled them all, but i think you guys know what i mean.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

I dont think anything can possibly even come close to the evils of Mining in Ifrit's Cauldron. Halvung's risk/reward ratio is, I'll admit, pretty crappy. On Hades, we had about 5 or 6 sales of Luminum Ore in one day, then none for quite awhile. But at the price of 950k - 1m each, it's not that bad. I'd say the mining rate on Luminum is about what Orich Ore was in Ifrit. Someone should do a nice, long study of this place's mining.

And by someone, I mean me. I seem to be the only person who actually likes mining in Halvung. o.o

Comment

I'd like to say Luminium and Orichalcum would be worth a lot on my server, but since the expansion, Luminium, I believe, dropped from 1 mil to 200k, and Orichalcum dropped from 500k to 200k as well.

As I've said before, Darksteel took a sharp drop, and Gold has always been low. Even Moblin gear isn't worth crap anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyrie
                      I dont think anything can possibly even come close to the evils of Mining in Ifrit's Cauldron. Halvung's risk/reward ratio is, I'll admit, pretty crappy. On Hades, we had about 5 or 6 sales of Luminum Ore in one day, then none for quite awhile. But at the price of 950k - 1m each, it's not that bad. I'd say the mining rate on Luminum is about what Orich Ore was in Ifrit. Someone should do a nice, long study of this place's mining.

And by someone, I mean me. I seem to be the only person who actually likes mining in Halvung. o.o
                      yeah that sounds like a fun idea to break up the 100 god runs in the comming weeks for me. both you an i will both go to Halvung with a set amount of picks an full mining gear set. an we will see how long it takes to finish off inventory, or how long our picks last. the we can post how many things we got for each trip. then see how close our averages are,

i think why you notice darksteel took a dive is alot of players power level thru darksteel ignots. thus not as many people need it. but i garentee in the comming weeks months it will jump for a bit as more xbox players lvl smithing, or players on mules lvl smithing. then it will die out. plus alot of the younger jobs will stop mining. thus the supply will not be as strong. lol an if you think its low now. back when FFXI first came out in the states on the PC. they were 3-5k. gold ore was 8-10k.

Comment

I've had very extensive mining sessions in halvung, and I can almost gaurantee you that orich ores do not exist there. Every time I go, I bring 5-6 stacks of picks and full HQ mining gear, and I must've gone through a good 70-80 stacks of them now JUST in halvung. I've gotten FIVE luminium ores and ZERO orich. Now, with my numbers, I'd say it is pretty conclusive that orich ores do not exist there. It is completely NOT worth it to mine in halvung. There are several spots near bombs, and it is near impossible to cast without aggro on these spots. Also 2 of the mining spots are in a room full of trolls that are also far too difficult to be worth it. Luminium ores sell at the slowest rate possible and plenty in stock. I can already foresee a price drop in luminium ores as that is the trend on all the other servers. Besides, the only things you can synth with it is a crappy ring, a crappy dagger, and an axe with a latent no one knows how to activate. Just by those statistics alone, you can see that a price drop is imminent. I'm only still mining there for a 6th luminium ore to synth an amood. Once I hit that, goodbye halvung.

Mount Zhayo is a different story on the other hand. I've gotten adaman there, which goes for about 30k on my server. Also gotten demon horns which are about 20k each on my server, and a chance at khroma ores which are high in demand to synth mezraqs and are currently selling at 1.4m on my server. Unfortunately, Mout Zhayo is far too overmined at some times. I've seen 5-8 people compete for mining spots there at the same time during peek hours and I just warp myself back whenever that happens. It is also easily accessible once you get the runic portal. I've spent less time at mount zhayo. Probably went through about 10-15 stacks of picks there, but came out with 0 khroma.
                        Last edited by Bishop; 06-26-2006, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Hmm...

I'd be willing to make a Miner's Almanac with help. I think it'd be a great resource in planning where to mine for best profit.

Anybody want to take part?

Comment

ROFL, quick edit. I JUST got an orich ore from halvung. But it oddly seems rarer than luminium. I got 5 luminium per 1 orich. Weird.

Comment

Cool. I wish I could mine those things up.

I must've taken 80 picks there and nothing even remotely worthwhile came up.

But on the other hand, Oldton is doing REALLY well for leveling my goldsmithing. (lots of Zinc)

Comment

Working...
                              X