X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mining ettiquite and gilsellers

Hello peeps,

Miner from the Fairy server here, and if you've ever mined in Gusgen then you will know of one of the more notorious gilselleing miners - Xiuchunj.

I've spent many hrs there mining and have had many run-in's with him. Mainly, I use the same ettiquite that I use on everyone else. If someone is already at a mining point then I /nod and run to the next.

Depending on who is playing Xiuchunj (it seems to rotate peeps who control him, some can speak english, some cannot at all), they will either respect the code and not mine points I'm already at or he would (and he said this in /say) 'share'.

After getting sick of trying to figure out which iteration of Xiu I was going to have to deal with that day I made it policy to just 'share' all the points I see him at.

I have since moved onto mining in Oldton, and like it a lot better. (lvling goldsmithing so the mob helms/mails help with the gold stage)

The other day I was there and who do I see but Xiuchunj. So following my experience with him in the past, I rolled up on his point and started to 'share'. Thats when he started /slapping me repeatedly, calling me 'tfh thf thf thf' over and over again.

I gave him the /hug emote and said 'share' like he often did to me. (Those were the only things I said to him)

He continues to spam slap me and call out thf.

He then drops the bombshell.

"I call GM on you hahaha" "GM you can have this"

I almost fell off my chair laughing. I have never heard of an actual rule stating that you cant HELM if someone is already at a point.

I have heard of the harassment clause, though.

I said in response (Yes, Please), but alas, no GM came to me. I was very much hoping that one would and I would have been able to direct him to the chat log, where it would have been obvious that Xiu was the one harassing me.

Is there a new rule against mining a point that someone is already at, or was he just trying to intimidate me?

=)

Re: Mining ettiquite and gilsellers

I agree with what you did. Gilsellers are the scum of society. What I may say is a little mean, but I don't care:

Harass them, make them hate their job do everything in your power to make them leave the game. Seriously. I don't care if it goes against the mining ettiquite! They don't deserve the respect we should give other players. They're NOT players! It's not their ore, it's yours. So take it, take their mining points. It'll help FFXI.
    "Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're Mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be", said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Welcome to Alice in FFXI =P

Comment

Well I do a lot of mining myself, and I generally follow the whole 'ettiquite' thing too. And one thing I love about Oldton, besides never seeing a single Pebble there EVER (I hate pebbles ; , is that most people who mine there follow it as well. I have *never* had a problem with someone in Oldton while mining, but I don't see many gillers there either if at all.

For the most part, I say follow the eittiquite unless someone does it to you first.
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

My general rule is to give a /stare the first time they do it. Nongilsellers who just aren't aware of the rules usually figure it out after that. If they do it again I send a /tell of {Stop!} {please}
        They seem to understand and leave me alone after that. Much more than that, and I make the next few hours about screwing with them as much as possible. Never had to do it yet, but it entails following them everywhere they mine and taking as many mine points as possible. There is no rule about having claim on a mining point, so I don't think they could do anything about this. I've had a few run ins with Xiuchunj and his friend Crowty in gusgen. The users I ran into stopped taking my points after I sent them a tell.
        Side note: Talked to a friend who had been mining in Oldton. Said he saw Xiuchunj using hack that warps you around the zone for mining points. Apparently Xiuchunj realized he'd been seen and went to Gusgen for the rest of the day. So keep an eye out for it. (I'll be starting in Oldton soon, I'll see you there! ^^)
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

While I do agree that gilsellers are the scum of the game I generally am extremely tolerant, due to the fact that, in some cases, its very easy to mistake a farming mule for a GS. Even so I would not want to break the ToS to 'get back at them'.

[/QUOTE]besides never seeing a single Pebble there EVER [QUOTE]

Igneous rock is the pebble of Oldton! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vair
            Harass them, make them hate their job do everything in your power to make them leave the game. Seriously. I don't care if it goes against the mining ettiquite! They don't deserve the respect we should give other players. They're NOT players! It's not their ore, it's yours. So take it, take their mining points. It'll help FFXI.
            QFT!

Gilsellers aren't supposed to be a part of this game. While they are paying for their accounts, they are breaking the ToS by selling gil. Monopolizing HNMs, and MPK are also against the ToS, but this didn't hold them back, especially during the days pre-MPK patch, and such. So I say, all's fair in love and war. People might say, "I won't sink down to their level", but they're just going to stand by, complaining. Get active anddo something about it. They MPK, then they don't deserve the respect other players recieve. They play 24/7, and take away what you work hard for. RMT needs to disappear. SE is doing everything they possibly can, but the real truth about it is, IGE is a business, and the legal area is not as easy to just say "Don't do it anymore." But Gilsellers need to be eradicated. They're a disease in this game. Most people will say, "If nobody bought gil, there wouldn't be any gilsellers." But, the thing is, as long as the gil is available, IT WILL BE BOUGHT. Because every rich asshole 13 year old who's parents give him everything will buy gil. People always try to take the easy route out. In this game, it's buying gil.

Gilsellers aren't really the scum of society, they're just trying to make money like everyone else. It's a lively hood for them. BUT, to be honest, this business shouldn't exist in the first place. I don't insult gilsellers about their culture. I do harass them at every camp I see by going "Amemet {Over there.}" But I make it a point not to insult their culture.
            Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
            90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

FAYYYREEE!!!
              Heh, i'm a miner here too, and yes that Xiuchunj can be often spotted in Oldton, and is quite the gilseller. I've been mined on top of, from Xuichunj. Really no reason to show respect towards gilsellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin
                Gilsellers aren't really the scum of society, they're just trying to make money like everyone else. It's a lively hood for them. BUT, to be honest, this business shouldn't exist in the first place. I don't insult gilsellers about their culture. I do harass them at every camp I see by going "Amemet {Over there.}" But I make it a point not to insult their culture.
                I agree that it isn't the Gilsellers per se, it's the company. Right here, really brings up an interesting point. Like you said the people that do this, do this to make a living. You can go into a HUGE moral argument here. On one hand these people probably are trying to support their families, feed etc. Most of the gilsellers live in China, no? The employment rate over there isn't exactly the best.

On the other hand they're ruining a game that we pay for. So there's two sides of the story. Perhaps gilsellers have good intentions IF and only IF they're trying to make money for survival.

Everything involving gilsellers is a twisted web of confusion and moral boundires. God, I hate them, but I sympathize with them.

P.S. I really couldn't say what I would do if I was in their shoes.
                "Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're Mad."

Comment

Most gil sellers do it because it's an easy job, fun to do and pays well (in regards to the general pay over there). They're not meeking out a minimal existance to feed their 8 starving kids and loving wife, they're chosing a light labor job that they get to do indoors with friends in games many would and probably do play for fun. Some of them even share apartments and farm from their homes selling every gil they rake in to IGE directly for a full profit.

These aren't poor farmers trying to survive, they're more often then not college age kids who know computers and like working on them. So they take up RMT to pay for whatever they need/want because it's better then being in a factory or out in the fields.
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero
                    Most gil sellers do it because it's an easy job, fun to do and pays well (in regards to the general pay over there). They're not meeking out a minimal existance to feed their 8 starving kids and loving wife, they're chosing a light labor job that they get to do indoors with friends in games many would and probably do play for fun. Some of them even share apartments and farm from their homes selling every gil they rake in to IGE directly for a full profit.

These aren't poor farmers trying to survive, they're more often then not college age kids who know computers and like working on them. So they take up RMT to pay for whatever they need/want because it's better then being in a factory or out in the fields.
                    Never looked at it like that. Always figured that they were doing it to survive. Now I know. I take back what I said before. I just hate them and I don't give a damn if they fell into some sort of pit with a hungry tiger that breathes fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero

True they do it for an easy job, but also because they're lazy. I've showed you that gilseller video a few weeks ago and they work 12 to a room all day. Yes they do play but not for fun. They get paid minimum wage if it can be considered that.

Comment

Re: Mining ettiquite and gilseller

Gilsellers = poor Ethopians who need to feed their families
                        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

IGE are willing to pay $240 to buy your 40m gil of you. Now someone who is hacking and has multiple characters could make this easily in one day. $240 a day is about £127.431 according to currency converters today. That is alot of money to make in one day if your just at college or uni. Suppose ppl living of the goverment could call it alot of money as well. Still, whys everyone so sterotypical and saying theyre from another country. Chances are alot of them arnt Id reckon.

Also this money earnt is not taxable unless you declare youself self imployed and fill out Self Assessment Tax Return forms but as a student the IRS would not be investigating you, they would put your wealth down to loans etc if they even checked which they dont o.O
                          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                          Woodworking 91.9+2
                          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus
                            Still, whys everyone so sterotypical and saying theyre from another country. Chances are alot of them arnt Id reckon.
                            It's just what's commonly thought. When I think Gilseller, I think China. Although it is true that many are from America.

Comment

Many people think of them from china because a large majority were from china originally. Also, several articles in the US gaming magazine have featured discussions about RMT from UO, EQ, SQ, CoH/CoV, FFXI, etc., and most of those have featured chinese companies with a few korean companies. It really does seem like majority of organized RMT is chinese, and thats how the stereotype began. Whether or not its true now, there was an actual basis for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X