This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50~ skill, need lil help

Trying to find a fast road that isn't a pure gil drain... anyone have an idea on something that probably isn't looked at as much for crafting at the point of 50 skill?

Gold nuggets are rarely in so thats out of question, and hydro claws only work if I can find someone making claws...

And Heater shields are a pure sink due to the fact that plates are 10k each alone, but, it seems more of a friendly option then the gemmed rings...

Anyone got suggestions for something to try? Willing to work 10 within skill range.
    Pyroelf, Sp34r M4st4 of Leafcull (AC), Samurai gimp of Midgardsormr.

...always with my kawaii Ami-chan, and Married as of 8/27/05 to her ^.^

Signature Image made out of pure boredom with MS Paint and hijacked icons from KI!

Re: 50~ skill, need lil help

gold ingots using gold ores can take u up to 53 , finding the ores would take alot of time and alot of camping
    can make gold rings/earrings too , depends if they sell for good price on ur server
    or if they sell for very bad loss , then just do mythril cuisses from 53 to 61 but it will suck
    too much breaks
    these are the only options available , unless u have too much gil to waste on doing gem rings to lv55 then start doing cuisses

Comment

hmmm...

Well, I guess I can take gold ores to bars for slow leveling a day or two, then do mythril cuisses...

For mythril, I'll just camp the AH for 1k ores I suppose.

Signature Image made out of pure boredom with MS Paint and hijacked icons from KI!

Comment

Why dont you try to find a guide online?
        For example, www.gamefaqs.com but im sure you can find loads of guides by using Google.
        http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Tried guides, but most the ones I checked favor'd going for stuff I had little access to (Hydro claws, Heater Shields, etc). I find it easier, specially with newer recipies coming in all the time, to find what other players think, specially with new gold bullets and arrowheads.

Btw, forgot to mention, I got gold purification :p

edit: And on gold bullets/arrows, not sure if they are a major loss or what- no one seems to sell them in the AH on Midgardsormr...
          Last edited by Pyro Elf; 11-13-2005, 07:37 AM.

Comment

i did gold ores to ingots, gold rings and earrings, the loss wasnt all That bad at the time, and the rings/earring all sold nice and fast - which i loved compared to spark rapiers, heater sheilds, silver bangles etc >.>

Comment

i just hit 49 in goldsmithing, and i have this problem coming up soon too...

personally, i was planning to level smithing to, like, 30 or so, and try the claws/shields, or whatever alternative synths there are.

i know it's silly to complain about the cost when we're talking about goldsmithing, but gold beastcoins just hit 400k a stack >.>

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
              I live to entertain!

Comment

when i did the gold road ingots were about 700k a stack, there was loss (not including breaks) but they sold fast. Right now i think gold ingots are well over 1m a stack, you would just need to figure out how much loss their is from ingots to rings/earrings.
                GS is allll about having millions of gil tied up in materials >.> thats why i kinda stopped at 57.* (+1 ^-^

Comment

Working...
                X