Please help me before I go insane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me before I go insane.

My friend and I have been fishing in Northern San d'Oria for quite some time, as this has proven to be quite lucrative. In effect, this is the only way we make our money.

I've had amazing luck fishing thus far, usually catching something nearly every single time I cast. The results have been amazing and we've both made so much money from just Moat Carps.

The problem started, it seems, when I hit Level 3 in Fishing. Indeed, it seems as though when I reached this level, nothing appeared. Literally, nothing. Every time I fish I get the message "You didn't catch anything." It doesn't matter what kind of rod or bait I use (we've been using Willow/Small Worms); I always, always get the message "You didn't catch anything." It is so frustrating.

And yes, I do know of fatigue, but this whole ordeal started days ago. It has seriously been about two or three days, and I'm not able to catch anything. Meanwhile, my friend made 40k in under an hour, and continues to catch mountains of Moat Carp.

And yes, I have tried Knightswell and areas other than Northern San d'Oria, to no avail. I have also tried different bait.

Nothing is working. Does anyone know what's going on?

Re: Please help me before I go insane.

Did you make sure your current job is over level 20?

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
    Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
    I live to entertain!

Comment

It is. I'm 36 WAR.

Still, nothing. It's been days

Comment

This sure sounds like you've hit the "fatigue" limit. It normally kicks in after you catch about 200 in one day.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent patch to prevent characters from fishing if they have less than 2 weeks of play time? (I think there's also something about level 20 in there.) The change was made to keep RMT from bot fishing with 14-day free trial accounts.
        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

You know, although I've been playing the game for months, I took a break and recently came back. Even though I'm sure it's been more than two weeks since I logged in again, I could be wrong (I don't keep track of the days anymore ).

Perhaps this is the reason? Although it's odd; my friend started back up with me at the same time, and he's been fishing more than I have...

Now if only I could stop catching Crayfish...
          Last edited by ChildofValhalla; 01-21-2009, 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i'm having the same problem, it's driving me insane.. i caught one fish today and ever since then ive had nothing but You didn't catch anything >_>

Comment

Changed fishing rod?
              Changed bait?
              Sure about not having hit fatigue?
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Moon phase? Time of year? Insane statistical possibilities? I'm just throwing stuff around.

Comment

Yes! Other people who are having the same problem!

First off let me say this.

It is NOT fishing fatigue.

Now that that's said, let me say another thing.

It is NOT fishing fatigue.

Now that I think I got my point across, I stumbled upon this thread when I grew desperate and googled the issue the OP is having. Fishing just magically dies without rhyme or reason. So let me give you details to mull over.

- Combo is Halycon + Shrimp Lure, targeting Nebimonite's in SSG.
                  - Using this combo I pulled up atleast 50ish nebi's in the past.
                  - I haven't fished in a week and in total I've pulled up a stack of Nebi's today, with Nebi's being the only fish I've pulled up all day.
                  - I've zoned.. lots. Constantly warping to town and OPing back.
                  - I've been able to pull up Moat Carp in Windy with no troubles. Upon moving to SSG, it's as if no fish exist in the lake.
                  - I've witnessed other players pulling up Nebi's, consistently and steadily, using the same lure as me. Only difference is I don't have Lu Shang's, I'm not that rich yet. If you honestly think the rod has something to do with it, see point # 2 above.
                  - To go into depth on point #3, came to SSG today, fished, caught a stack of Nebi's, then everything suddenly stops.
                  - Level 20? I'm in SSG... would be really hard to fish there if I was under 20, hell it'd be hard under 70.

The only solution I have been able to find is to move around the lake/pond/river. Fishing in a different spot is the only way to catch anything. Sometimes it's 3 feet to the left, sometimes it's the opposite side of the lake. Sometimes it takes casting in 10 different spots before you can find the spot that starts giving you fish again.

I signed up to the forums simply to reply to this thread. I hope someone can add onto what I've said, or offer their own personal experiences with this problem. Good luck OP, I know what you're going through!

Comment

If other people are fishing in the same zone, it could be depleting the fish and you have to wait for them to replenish. Too many people fishing in one spot kills the catch rate. It could be that or when they implemented the RMT fisher thing it could have had some strange side effect like that. I haven't noticed anything like that, so I can't say. Also, fish at Knightswell in Ronfaure if you're after moats.
                    To be the best in this game...you must help each other become the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Satimasu View Post
                      If other people are fishing in the same zone, it could be depleting the fish and you have to wait for them to replenish. Too many people fishing in one spot kills the catch rate. It could be that or when they implemented the RMT fisher thing it could have had some strange side effect like that. I haven't noticed anything like that, so I can't say. Also, fish at Knightswell in Ronfaure if you're after moats.
                      Please see point #6 of my post.

Edit: Also, the OP clearly stated that his friend continues without him, and pulls up fish without hassle.
                      Last edited by Luignata; 02-25-2009, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Same problem here, guys.

Fish for a while, pull in some carps, then it all stops. Wait till the next Earth day and I can suddenly catch fish again for about 12 catches... then it all stops.

Squenix, you've failed.

EDIT: Just like to throw this in, as I went searching through the patch notes on the FFXI site:

The amount of fishing fatigue incurred has been increased for characters below level 20, and for characters for whom less than two weeks have elapsed since their first login. In addition, the quest-related items, "Ripped Cap," and "Fat Greedie," will be easier to catch for players meeting certain conditions.
                        Last edited by Santana; 02-27-2009, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X