This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fishing guide 1-100 (Off-site)

there's an NPC wearing apron right beside the guild shop. In port windurst.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

So I do have to be 28 to get to trade fish for guild points... Drat!

And I have a little question about the lvl-ing up of fishing. Do you need to get a set point of exp? What I mean is that if you need to get to 1 by getting 0.2, 0.1, etc. exp? Or is it like leveling your job? Do you need to get more exp each time?

"There is no such thing as bad ideas, there's just a lack of will to execute them..."

Special thanks to Kagerou for the "colorgift" sig.

Comment

i think it's random. As long as you're catching fish above your skill, you have chance of skill up.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I see... Anyway, thanks for all the help! ^^

"There is no such thing as bad ideas, there's just a lack of will to execute them..."

Special thanks to Kagerou for the "colorgift" sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Doutreligne
            And I have a little question about the lvl-ing up of fishing. Do you need to get a set point of exp? What I mean is that if you need to get to 1 by getting 0.2, 0.1, etc. exp? Or is it like leveling your job? Do you need to get more exp each time?
            Fishing skillups aren't like XP. The skillups are a direct correlation to your skill level. If your skill level is 18.0 and you get a 0.2 skillup, your skill level is now 18.2 Although the craft status menu doesn't show the decimal points, they're there. Some players keep track of the skill levels themselves. That's why you'll see PlayerX with Fishing: 10.2 Clothcraft: 6.5 etc.
            They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Does anyone have an updated guide that covers ToAU areas as well? Also, I've tried all sorts of guides and my fishing hasn't given me a single skill up on Ali. Like ... 0.5 total in the past three months at 30.9 now. We're talking everything from Crystal Bass to Ogre Eels to Giant Catfish >.>

Comment

we figured out a lot of fish/bait but haven't gotten much data about their skill caps tho.
                http://www.titanictus.com/viewtopic.php?t=1422

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Should I buy a Lu Shangs and start fishing at lv0 with it or is that totally not worth it? I would intend to get moat carp at a later date to do the quest. Just hate rods breaking.
                  75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                  Woodworking 91.9+2
                  ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Halcyon will be fine. Make sure fishing really IS your thing before you get Lu Shang.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

i was searching for fishing guide

Thank you

Comment

The guide says in Yhoator to fish "underground". Where is this mysterious underground water? I can't find it. ;;
                        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                        Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                        Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                        Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                        Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

probably under drop offs by the outpost, there are a few small ponds.

Originally posted by SevIfrit
                          we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

I dunno if this is what it is referring to, bt I found a place with moat carps and forest carps in a dirty seemingly bottomless pond near the zone to Den of Rancor.
                            Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                            Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                            Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                            Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                            Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Not bad. Im level 59 Fishing and its been quite a ride. Now all I need is my LuShangs and Im all set.
                              If beauty is in the eye of the Beholder.....than what is truth?

Sig under construction.

Comment

Wow... looks like they completely changed fishing from how it was in the beginning! Looks a lot more fun

Comment

Working...
                                X