Guild points questions, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild points questions, etc...

So I've been skilling up cooking for a while now, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get Guild Points. I really really need Raw Fish Handling, as I use a lot of Squid Sushi and would like to be able to make my own at some point. I understand that you turn in certain items on certain days, and there's a pattern and all that, but I must be an idiot because I look at those Guild Pattern web pages and can't seem to understand what is going on...so if someone could please give me an explanation on how to actually read that and predict it I would appreciate it. I tried using the one on FFXIAH.com but like I said don't understand what I'm supposed to be looking at to figure it out.

Is there some kind of PREDICTABLE pattern or does it change randomly from day to day? Reason I ask is I crafted a TON of San d'Orian Tea, and they sell really slow, so I'd rather get some guild points out of it then watch the tons of excess rot on all my mules. I saw them come up as "Redeemable" one time on the website but I was partying at the time so couldn't get over there to turn any in...I'm usually nowhere near Windurst, so being able to know ahead of time to get out there would be cool.

I'm level 66 right now, and I did some research the other day and came up with a rough outline of what I'm gonna craft; anyone familiar with cooking mind looking this over and telling me if I'm missing something obvious that may be a better synth (like, something vendorable for a small loss that doesn't depend on A.H.)? This is what I've got so far: San d'Orian Tea to 68, Pear au Lait to 71-72, Dhalmel Pie to 74-75, Shallops Tropicale to 80, Mushroom Stew to 85-86, Rolanberry Pie to 90...after 90 I'm at a loss so suggestions are appreciated, everything looks nasty but I suppose that's to be expected in the higher tiers.

Also, and this is probably just my imagination, but I've noticed that at the very beginning and very end of a particular day I tend to break more/skillup and HQ less...I tend to get my mats and such together before a given day, and then as soon as the day rolls over start crafting away...but I always seem to have more trouble between 00:00-02:00 and 22:00-23:59. Does the previous and following day's element influence the current day when it gets close like that, or do I just read too much into it?

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide.
    I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
    -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
    http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Re: Guild points questions, etc...

Within each 10-level rank of a craft, there are certain recipes that may come up for guild points. Each day, the list moves to the next highest rank's list, then resets to Amateur when it gets to your current rank. The actual item chosen from the particular list is determined by the day's pattern, which is random. Today is pattern H, which means a particular item from each craft.

For example, you're a Craftsman cook (I think; even if you're not, let's say you are). Today the recipe comes from the Amateur list. Tomorrow it will be Recruit, then Initiate, etc. until it gets to Craftsman again, and then reset to Amateur. Today is guild pattern H, which, for Cooking, means Roast Trout. Yesterday's pattern was C, and you would have been on the Craftsman list, which meant Puls was the item.

Unfortunately, the guild pattern itself is random. There's no way to tell which pattern is going to come up on a given day. The best you can do is know that, for example, tomorrow is Recruit, and make all the Recruit items ahead of time. That's pricey, and you'll end up with several items you can't use that time. But in theory you might be able to turn them in the next time Recruit rolls around (hard to say, though).
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Guild Pattern - FFXIAH.com
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yeah... I imagine he wouldn't have mentioned trying to use that page if he didn't already know how to find it.
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

Guild Pattern - FFXIAH.com
          Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
          How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Ok, so tell me if I'm getting this right (sorry just wanna make sure 'cause I gotta teach the rest of the noobs later today ^^):

Using ffxiah.com...

So I'm a Craftsman in cooking, using the top table I see that today's Guild Point's Item is going to be an Amateur Synth, so it's going to be a recipe from 01-10. Using the bottom table I see that today's item is Roasted Corn...they are worth 31 points a piece (not sure what the 37 in parenthesis means) to a maximum of 1280 points I can get with this item today. The max will be reached in 41.29 synths, with a total cost (based on A.H. fees as usual?) of 4,200 gil. There's none for auction right now, the average price is 100 gil each, and it breaks down to 3.23 gil per point.

What time do the pattern's switch, Japanese midnight (8 am ET I think)? Also, how do they come up with the item if it's random? Through reporting by people? Also, will the guild rep just tell me the item for that day or does she leave it vague?

Thanks for your help, hopefully I'm getting this right ^^

Check out my blog! =>

Comment

Originally posted by Effedup View Post
              So I'm a Craftsman in cooking, using the top table I see that today's Guild Point's Item is going to be an Amateur Synth, so it's going to be a recipe from 01-10. Using the bottom table I see that today's item is Roasted Corn...they are worth 31 points a piece (not sure what the 37 in parenthesis means) to a maximum of 1280 points I can get with this item today. The max will be reached in 41.29 synths, with a total cost (based on A.H. fees as usual?) of 4,200 gil. There's none for auction right now, the average price is 100 gil each, and it breaks down to 3.23 gil per point.
              Yes. The number in the parentheses is the guild points worth of the HQ.

What time do the pattern's switch, Japanese midnight (8 am ET I think)? Also, how do they come up with the item if it's random? Through reporting by people? Also, will the guild rep just tell me the item for that day or does she leave it vague?
              JP midnight is probably when it changes, I don't believe the item is actually random and the guild NPC will tell you outright what item, what it's worth and how many you have to turn in to max out your points for the day. The guides are useful if you want to make the items before that item is redeemable, not because the game doesn't tell you what it wants.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

You've got all the ffxiah information correct. The 37 in parentheses is what you get for an HQ of the item (so sometimes it really pays to make them yourself, sometimes not).

The patterns switch at Japanese midnight, yes, which is either 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM ET (can't remember which right now). And yes, the pattern is determined by player reports (which you can see at the very bottom of that page).

The contract person at the guild will tell you the exact item for that day, and how many total points you can get for it. I don't think they tell you the points per item.
                Ellipses on Fenrir
                . . .

Comment

Thanks for your help, guys. That Raw Fish Handling is gonna take ages lol ^^

Check out my blog! =>

Comment

so if someone could please give me an explanation on how to actually read that and predict it I would appreciate it....

Is there some kind of PREDICTABLE pattern or does it change randomly from day to day?
                    You can't predict the exact item that the guild is going to request tomorrow. You can only predict the rank of the item. And within each rank, there is between 4 and 8 possible items that the guild can request, and those 4 to 8 items never change (except when SE changes it in an update, which they will explain in patch notes).

Cooking Guild points are slow and arduous. I started saving up the 200k I needed for my signboard starting last November, and got it this spring. I spent an average of 3 gil per guild point, and collected on average 2,500 guild points per day as a Veteran cook. I skipped any ridiculously expensive recipes, and stuck mostly to items that only cost me 5.0 gil per guild point or less.
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I usually use ffrecipe.com, but it looks to be the same information. Just check the item, decide if it's worth the trouble, and make/buy it. By the way, the switchover is at midnight in Japan, which is 11 AM EDT (summer) or 10 AM EST (winter). In any case, sooner or later an item will come up for you, and now you know which days to watch for that item (although I wonder if an item at 40 ends up in Novice or Apprentice...)

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                        You can't predict the exact item that the guild is going to request tomorrow. You can only predict the rank of the item. And within each rank, there is between 4 and 8 possible items that the guild can request, and those 4 to 8 items never change (except when SE changes it in an update, which they will explain in patch notes).

Cooking Guild points are slow and arduous. I started saving up the 200k I needed for my signboard starting last November, and got it this spring. I spent an average of 3 gil per guild point, and collected on average 2,500 guild points per day as a Veteran cook. I skipped any ridiculously expensive recipes, and stuck mostly to items that only cost me 5.0 gil per guild point or less.
                        /faint

I didnt know the sign board cost 200k guild points. Now I am wonder is it worth the effort.
                        Last edited by Losrase; 08-11-2008, 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        PSN ID: Kelshan
                        Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                        Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                        sigpic

Comment

Also, get used to doing a low-level cost/benefit analysis for any given day. Once you know which recipes will show up, look at the possible guild points for items and figure out which ones are just simply not worth doing. For instance, I'm a Fisherman, if it's Initiate day, Greedies are one of the possible outcomes. It takes 64 of the things to get your max of 1520 points. They're worth 24 points a piece. Now, since you can't really catch anything else worthwhile when you go after Greedies, and no one bothers to sell these on the AH, it's pretty much useless to go catch a bunch of these for points. The cost of having to stand around Selbina or Dunes for several hours catching these outwieghs the benefit of the guild points.

The same cannot be said for Yellow Globes, which are the same skill rank. You need less of them to get more points, 28 fish for 1680 points. These also sell great and for good money. Which means any extras you get are worth it. You also have the opportunity to catch Shall Shells in the same places with the same equipment.

I'll skip greedie day and stock up yellow globes for it's day. Kind of watch this and stick a stack or two of high-value guild point items on a mule. The day will come when I need them, and I'll be ready and waiting for it.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
                            (although I wonder if an item at 40 ends up in Novice or Apprentice...)
                            Novice. The ranks stop on the multiples of 10, not start.
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            . . .

Comment

Thanks for the info...as I have tons of San d'Orian tea clogging 4 mules right now (and a few levels left to go with it yet) I figured it'd be a good time to take a break on skilling up and work towards getting Raw Fish Handling.

Kitalrez, since you're a Fisherman, any advice on a good guide to use? So many crafting guides we're written back before the massive deflation so a lot of them are useless anymore, which is why I ask (I pretty much made up my own guide cause the cooking one's I checked out were way off base, either due to age or large server variances)...fishing's gonna be the next craft I work on, since fishing and cooking obviously go pretty well together.

Anyways, guess I can add Guild Points Items to the list of crap I obsess over on a daily basis. Nothing's ever easy in this game, is it? ^^

Check out my blog! =>

Comment

Working...
                              X