So, i don't think i understand tiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, i don't think i understand tiers

I get the fact that your % chance of HQ is capped at a certain point, depending on which tier you belong to:

0-10 levels above recipe level: 1-2% capped HQs over time
    11-30 ----> 10% cap HQ
    31-50 ----> 25% cap HQ
    51+ ------> 50% cap HQ

If i'm 31 levels above a craft level, would i have a better chance of HQ if i was 32 levels above? I guess i could say this:

if i want to make a level 10 synth, for example, and my crafting level is 41, do i have a 25% (max % chance based on that tier zone) or is it something like 11%, and as i increase my crafting level, my HQ chance increases and is capped at 25%?

This is relevant to me because i'm at 92 cooking, and i don't really want to pay to level it anymore unless i get some good returns. I'm 31 levels above the item i want to craft, am i good?
    Cooking: 94

Re: So, i don't think i understand tiers

You're fine, once you reach the next tier there's no increase in HQ returns until you reach the next tier.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
      You're fine, once you reach the next tier there's no increase in HQ returns until you reach the next tier.
      i see. thank you.

Comment

Keep in mind that advanced synth support at Veteran rank gives +3 skill, that combined with the 3 GP items will give you +6. If you're 100 in a skill that means you get another tier on lvl 95 and below for tier 1, lvl 75 and below for tier 2, and lvl 55 and below for tier 3. Woodworking at 100 is huge because it makes hitting tier 2 for elemental staves possible. I'm not sure what the big high crafting level cooking money maker is, but there is a possiblity that its the same way.

Comment

Well, 95 is the Rice Dumbling. It's only 10% chance however. This thing is pretty profitable already even without HQ so I guess any little HQs helps.

And you seriously don't want to HQ Tavnazian Salad if you're making taco ._. I hate seeing HQ so much when I was a taco whore.

75 is the Dhalmel pie and celerity salad... not sure how the market for these 2 are. But beeing 100+1 for Squid Sushi HQ isn't bad.

And 55 stuff, you get the uber beaugreen sautee and egg soup. yay.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Yea actually i was counting on the +3 from veteran support. So technically if i craft in windurst i'm at 95. which means anything 64 or below i can HQ2 with reasonable success.

I honestly don't see myself going too much higher. i might burn all the flint caviar i made to make tonosoma rice balls to get myself to 94. although i dont know what purpose that would serve.

also, when i was at cooking level 90 but i didn't turn in the promotion item, was my +skill from adv synth support ? I thought it was +3 for any level.

Comment

Artisan and below only gets 2 levels from advanced synth support. Once you take the test and get Veteran rank (so it can be as early as 88) it changes and will give you 3 levels.

Comment

Really? I thought it's always 3.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I haven't explicitly tested advanced image support on my support crafts. But I have tested the belts which give image support as enchantments. And it turned out to give +3. I tested this with a Tanner's Belt on my Bonecrafting mule, who has 60 Leathercrafting.
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

i made some melon pies a few nights ago when my cooking was at level 90, but i hadn't turned in the test item to get to the next rank.

I used lizard eggs, and did a total of 84 synths with advanced support. 4 broke, so i had 80 successes.

Of those 80 successes, 16 were HQs at skill level 90 + advanced support (which should be 2?)

The recipe cap level was 62. so that means advanced support would put me up to 92. But i had a 20% HQ rate, which is higher than tier1HQ. So doesn't that mean i had to be at 93 when i made the pies, and that is the 31+ 25% max HQ rate zone?

Comment

No GP gear? Thats odd. Might want to post that test on BG's forums. I think either one of the posters there made the claim, or it may have even come from Studio Gobli. I'll check into it further though.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                        No GP gear? Thats odd. Might want to post that test on BG's forums. I think either one of the posters there made the claim, or it may have even come from Studio Gobli. I'll check into it further though.
                        BG forum? My evidence does directly refute that claim because i had no GP gear, but i've always been told that it's +3 regardless. In fact, this was the first time i've heard it as +2 or less for skill < 90.
                        Last edited by Mav; 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM. Reason: I R TEH EDIT

Comment

www.bluegartrls.com Just be wary of the overflowing elitism that usually diffuses through your monitor.
                          I'd always heard it was +2 regardless even if you were 90+ until I looked at their crafting forums.

Ofcourse I'd also heard that neither synth support helped at all with HQ rates.

Comment

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Synthesis_Image_Support

Regular image support raises your skill by 1, and, with the exception of the fishing guild for which advanced image support only raises your skill by 2, advanced image support raises your skill by 3.
                            That's how I always understand it too. It's always 3.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I always thought it was always 2. >_>
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                              X