Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking Skill-ups: Better in the morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Skill-ups: Better in the morning?

On 10/03 (Taiwan, GMT+8), I was getting fairly good skill-ups doing Pineapple Juices (Cap: 30) from about 6:00-9:00am (Vana'diel time) on Earthsday and Watersday. My skill at the time was 29, and I ultimately capped at 30. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a higher probability for skill-ups in the morning? This has happened for me with fishing as well. For now, this is all anecdotal. I'll try to do a more comprehensive test later (after I've uncapped my Cooking again, and offloaded some inventory).
    Character: Bricklayer
    Server: Ramuh
    31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Re: Cooking Skill-ups: Better in the morning?

Well, it couldn't have hurt that you were pretty close to the cap on those. And you were crafting at one point on the crystal's elemental day.

I don't think time has anything to do with it personally, but if you're willing to test your theory out, I'm up for reading your results.^^

Comment

Re: Cooking Skill-ups: Better in the morning?

I don't have a database or a record to prove out something that is working for me, and that's skill up the last 4 minutes of Fireday. I noticed a change in frequency when I started doing levels 90 to 97, the synth is expensive so I only
      synth on firesday. ( I tried darkday, new moon........supposed tro be awesome, 14 synths with no skill up. waited for firesday, same recipe, skill up every 5 synth.)
      I usually have enough ingredients to cook the whole 24 hours of fireday and there is a noticeable skill up increase the last 5 minutes. It's happened 4 times in the last couple weeks. Not proven, but a theory or something that works for me.
      Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
      Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
      Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

Working...
      X