profitable sushi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profitable sushi

for some reason i want to be a samurai that sells sushi.
    what are some of the profitable sushi out there? what do they sell for and what benefits do they have?

Re: profitable sushi

What a coincidence! I'm a samurai and a sushi maker. As far as profit, it really depends on a couple factors that all are up to you because really, the market has crashed, IMO, and I've been making sushi for over a year and a 1/2.

You can make a moderate profit if:
    a. you can fish your ingredient
    b. you farm earth crystals
    c. you grow your own rice

The wasabi and rice vinegar remain consistent since they are sold by NPC's. But if you plan on buying all of your own ingredients, the profit is minimal, for now, at least on my server.

I think the best yield for the buck, especially if you're close to cooking 100, would be squid sushi. The gigant squids can be caught in Quifim, they also sell on the AH between 7-10k. What's nice is that one squid per synth will yield you 6 squid sushi.

This conserves a lot of ingredients and allows you to keep on synthing more stacks. On my servier, a NQ will go for 25k-30k a stack. HQ can give you 50k-70k a stack.

I make sole sushi for my own personal use, if I catch any excess, I sell it off, but sole sushi has really dwindled down in price.
    SAM 75/ MNK 67/ RNG 66 / DRK 50/ WAR 43/ THF 37 / NIN 37
    Cooking 100 + 2 Fishing 95

Comment

thanks for the info. i do plan on doing my own fishing, simply for the challenge of hooking the big one. and farming crystals shouldn't be so bad. i don't know if i can take care of rice plants at the moment as my account could go under at any time.

i checked the AH on my server and sushi seems to go for nice prices (everything does really). seems like a sound investment.

Comment

I checked conditions on Lakshmi for several sushis. It seems that NQ sells for very small profit. So to make reasonable profit, you have to HQ. It's very sad when this holds true for even recipes that only break Tier 11.

You can make a moderate profit if:
        a. you can fish your ingredient
        b. you farm earth crystals
        c. you grow your own rice
        If your server is like mine (where NQs sells for nearly the cost of materials), wouldn't it be just as well to simply sell the ingredients? Unless you plan to eat some of the sushi yourself while partying, and would like to sell off the surplus.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

If your server is like mine (where NQs sells for nearly the cost of materials), wouldn't it be just as well to simply sell the ingredients? Unless you plan to eat some of the sushi yourself while partying, and would like to sell off the surplus.
          for some reason i want to be a samurai that sells sushi.
          the money is in the fish and the HQ

To catch the fish for sushi you really need lu shangs fishing rod (12Mish depending on the economy).

Tarutaru rice is sold from one vendor which is botted on each server, so you must buy from ah or grow your own. grain seeds take time to farm (from my experience) but rice is generally quite reasonable on ah now.

Like what other people said NQ sushi is more or less the same price as the materials so you claw your money back (and it does sell fast)

To catch for example black sole, you are gonna have to invest approx 12M for the rod (or catch 10,000 moat carp) and get a high fishing skill to consistently pull them in (too low and youll get frustrated).
          [main]@75 = BLM+WAR
          [sub]@37+ = NIN THF RNG WHM RDM

Comment

If your server is like mine (where NQs sells for nearly the cost of materials), wouldn't it be just as well to simply sell the ingredients?
            Well, our NQ squid sushi fluctuates between 22k-35k. You could profit by gathering these ingredients and just selling them. But you could do more, if you fish, by making the squid sushi, NQ or HQ.

One squid yields 6 sushi. So, if you have a stack of rice, a stack of earth crystals, etc...that 22k-35k really adds up well, especially if you can fish your own.

Comment

Well, our NQ squid sushi fluctuates between 22k-35k. You could profit by gathering these ingredients and just selling them. But you could do more, if you fish, by making the squid sushi, NQ or HQ.

One squid yields 6 sushi. So, if you have a stack of rice, a stack of earth crystals, etc...that 22k-35k really adds up well, especially if you can fish your own.
              ive made excel spreadsheets (not recently but from xmas inflation and until a few months ago) so i could assertain which sushis yield best profits. With the exception of xmas inflation, you only really make money with HQ (which is what people have said).

To make money out of NQ you can buy fish at low prices make the sushi and wait for the sushi prices to increase then offload them onto AH (generally determined by the passing of new moons and full moons). All of which I deemed to be to much hassle for the income gained.

Double Post Edited:
              One squid yields 6 sushi.
              how much is 1 squid on your server?
              Last edited by Jenifa; 08-02-2006, 06:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              [main]@75 = BLM+WAR

Comment

ive made excel spreadsheets (not recently but from xmas inflation and until a few months ago) so i could assertain which sushis yield best profits.
                On My server, the economy has much since changed, prices have dropped. So really, for NQ, there is a profit to be had, and I fish every morning and cook them later. Unless you can do that, yes profit of NQ is minimal.

But to answer your question, 1 gigant squid on the AH will go for now 7-9k each. It really fluctuates a lot. But yes, if you can fish your own, it really helps. There's all different kinds like sole of course, or tentacle sushi, I'll make them all. It just seems to me that as far as NQ's go, that squid sushi due to the yield, really stacks up dollar for dollar and isn't a total loss.

Comment

Since any real *crafting* profit in sushi comes from HQs, I can see doing sushi which breaks Tier 31 for profit crafting. That means Squid, Bream, Tentacle Sushi and Ikra Gunkan.

Tuna, Sole and Dorado are a different matter. At Tier 11, you'll only HQ once in a while. I had a lot of Noble Ladies sitting on my mule, so I decided to try the Dorado Sushi market. The NQs either sold for small profit, or sometimes for small loss. While the HQs made a decent profit when they sold, they tended to seldom sell. I had Dorado +1 singles returned to me from the AH multiple times. The only way I was able to sell them at all was in stacks. And it takes a large number of synths to make an entire stack.
                  Lyonheart
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Yes, there's not a brickhouse of profit when it comes to NQ sushi, but I'll reiterate, if you can fish your own, it's still a tidy sum that adds up. We're lucky to be in consumables, people will always and forever every 5 minutes buy a stack of sushi on every server. The NQ's do add up in profit, seriously.
                    I've been in this racket for almost 2 years. It's a very comfortable living. No, I can't score millions of gil with one sale, we can never do that. But what we can do is dedicate a couple hours of fish and craft time each day, sell it, and make a million a week. Consumables are a blessing. So, even if you can't gross a huge profit from an NQ, it will still line your pocket to gather more ingredients to make HQ's down the road.

Comment

Amiraphe, there are profit indeed, but you need to consider the "Opportunity Cost". The cost of time and gil we spend on fishing, gathering ingridents, and synthing. The ideas are, if we use those gils and times on doing other activities, would that yield more overall income?

Of course there are profits in making sole/squid sushi, but as cooks that fishs our on ingridents like ourself, could we earn more gils if we simply put those raw fishs on AH instead of making sushi?

Currently on Diabolos server-
                      Black Sole: 30,000 (on average)
                      Wasabi: 23,340 (1945x12)
                      Vinegar: 1,800 (150x12)
                      Water: 144 (12x12, Jeuno NPC price)
                      Rice: 14,000 (current lowest price on AH if you shop around in all 3 AHs)
                      Earth Crystal: 1,500 (average of 1,000 to 2,000, mostly 2,000 everywhere now)

Total cost for 2 stacks of sushi: 70,784
                      (keep in mind these does not even count in the failures and ingrdient losses)

The Jeuno AH fee is around 350gil for each stack(rough estimate). So that makes the total cost of putting 2 stacks of Sushi on AH to be 71,784

Ok, current AH price for NQ is around 35k-40k, let's make it average and say 37.5k that is 75,000 income with net profit of 3,216...

Yeah, the time needed to camp Tenshodo for cheap wasabi/vinegar (or travel to the new expansion area NPC) Teleport around to Rabao/Bastok for crystal and rice, and time spend on synthing, for meager of 1,608gil per stack....

HQ rate for me seems to be 1 per 24 synth or so, with failure rates higher than that. (btw, HQ stack sells for 150,000 currently) And it feels like fish/cook bots have higher HQ rate then I do.... And I think I am doing all the right things, tring to synth on darkday, facing SE, new moon or darkmoon when possible. After all that, I am wondering if Sole Sushi really is worth the effort.

Might as well fish in port jeuno, teleport ppl at 5k, and sell the catch on AH.

*Edit* Squid Sushi seems to be around 12-18k at the moment, as you can see our server's fishbot problem is really serious.

Comment

Ok, current AH price for NQ is around 35k-40k, let's make it average and say 37.5k that is 75,000 income with net profit of 3,216...

Might as well fish in port jeuno, teleport ppl at 5k, and sell the catch on AH.
                        this was my point too.... just sell the fish or rely on the HQ's.

The amount of time to make a 3k profit. I'd rather teleport ppl...

On My server, the economy has much since changed, prices have dropped. So really, for NQ, there is a profit to be had, and I fish every morning and cook them later. Unless you can do that, yes profit of NQ is minimal.
                        what are the prices on your server compared to the above posters?
                        [main]@75 = BLM+WAR

Comment

this was my point too.... just sell the fish or rely on the HQ's.
                          I agree. The only exception I could see to that is for non-stacking fish. For example, you can only sell 7 single Gugru Tuna at a time. 7 stacks of Tuna Sushi, on the other hand, represent 21 Gugru Tuna (if they were all NQ results).

When it comes to fish that stack, and are useful for other recipes... well, selling them as ingredients makes more sense to me. If I pulled up Noble Ladies at a reasonable pace, I'd just sell.
                          Lyonheart
                          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,

Comment

Update on price on my server-Diabolos, at Aug 31st. The stack of black sole has dropped to 10.5k with 50+ stacks available on AH, and NQ sushi to 20k with 40+ stacks available. They really need to do something about these lvl1 fishbots.

Comment

Working...
                            X