This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw fish handling

I've heard alot about raw fish handling lately,right now I'm at journeyman rank.
    What is it? How can I get it started,at my cooking lvl (50),do I need to bother with it?
    any help...thanks
    A Warrior's place is not to die,

But to allow others to live.....

Re: Raw fish handling

Isnt this the key item that lets you make Sushi?

Comment

yes you need it to make sushi. if you plan to make sushi you will have to safe up points for this thing. around skill 60-65 is a good time to have it, so you can train skill on squid sushi if you like.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Sole sushi is very profitable i hear and you will need raw fish handling to make em. +1's go for 250k a stack on shiva. I think rfh is worth 30000guild points so start savin up
        MNK 75 RNG 75 WAR 37 NIN 37

I dont like the look of it

Comment

On Lakshmi, Squid Sushi is a popular skillup recipe, which keeps the supply high and the profits relatively low. Dorado and above all Sole sushi profit at about 10-15k a stack. Doesn't sound like much but you can move them very fast. If you fish or garden this is a good way to make a few extra bucks off your crop/catch and get your product to move faster. Just be aware that the market is very competitive.

Some lower level sushi synths were added a couple patches ago: Tentacle Sushi(58) and Ikra Gunkan(67). Both are relatively cheap compared to their higher level sisters, and might make good skillup recipes depending on the price of rice on your server. Neither synth uses wasabi. They're not as popular as the more established sushi dishes, but they both sell. Tentacle Sushi seems quite good, with lower stat bonuses than conventional sushi but a higher accuracy bonus and the hard to find double attack bonus. Ikra Gunkan is like the "value option" sushi. ^^
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Revising my statement on Tentacle Sushi. Somepage updated the stats on this item recently to reflect that the accuracy bonus caps at 18. I have no idea how anyone gets these numbers considering accuracy is a hidden stat. At any rate, the higher % bonus with a lower cap is consistent with how attack food works. It seems Tentacle Sushi was intended to be used for lower level characters. Again, it's impossible to tell when you've reached the bonus's cap and should switch to another sushi. I used Jack-o'-Lantern, which gives accuracy +10, as nin through Qufim and at that point I already noticed the effects starting to peter out. I assume Tentacle Sushi would be better through the jungles, but it's not as good as I thought.

Comment

I advise that anyone working on crafting in the culinary arts to start storing up GP as early as they can possibly do so. As you progress further into the craft, the GP item of the day for your level will increase in difficulty due to the rarity of materials. If you wait till you're a veteran in the craft, you can potentially spend as much for materials as someone who's in leatherworking.

I got my raw fish handling after hitting 30 in cooking. It was really fast and easy and I never spent much money at all. This compared to a friend who was around 93 in cooking and took him 3 times longer because he wanted to avoid the days that the real "crappy" items were wanted by the guild.

Comment

This is true. The really crappy items don't start until Artisan or so, though.

Comment

Working...
                X