This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Set and Tableware Set

Somepage and Mysterytour list these items as "allegedly improves cooking synthesis." Do they or don't they? It would make sense since they are similar to the Cordon Bleu Set guild item and are acquired from quests related to mastering cooking, but lots of things that would make sense regarding furnishings aren't necessarily true. I have the Tableware Set and usually place it in my layout whenever I plan to cook, but I haven't noticed a tangible difference in my results.

Anyone have any hard data on this?
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: Tea Set and Tableware Set

hmmm i have no idea but that would deffinately help me out. guess some research is in order
    MNK 75 RNG 75 WAR 37 NIN 37

I dont like the look of it

Comment

My friend in Japan told me that the Tea Set does help but I've never personally tried it. Though he did not know about the Tableware Set.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Huh. Didn't expect this old thing to get a reply.

As soon as I cap out cooking (currently 98. blah.) I'm going to start collecting all my crafting results with the parser so I can get a baseline of data to test whether the superstitions we've all been crafting with have any merit. Something I've been wanting to do since before the whole Eruntalon thing, but seems all the more intriguing now. I mean, really, what do we know? I hear something about the way you're supposed to get HQs and skillups and think "Hmm, yeah. That seems to agree with the fuzzy human recollection I have of my aggregate crafting experience. I'll treat that as being the truth." Meanwhile, Eruntalon comes along claiming to have broken the dogma and discovered this new quantum theory of crafting that makes the old newtonian way we've been doing things look like planning your life around newspaper horoscopes. Is it BS? Maybe, but it kinda makes me want to identify some real facts for myself, y'know?

Anyway, I digress ... I currently have my mog house set up for overwhelming wind energy with my Tea Set, Tableware Set, and Cordon Bleu Set sitting pretty on an array of Desks. Other than the increased skill effect of the Cordon Bleu Set, which I can confirm (~12% HQ on Dorado with 98+Hat+Mog+Guild), I've noticed no difference my crafting results from the standard that most people report. I keep them around anyway as a trophy of cooking-related accomplishment and the odd chance that they are having some miniscule effect on my results that I'm just not noticing. Of all the variables that allegedly effect crafting, this one's low on my list of priorities to test. The cost of me keeping them around and set up is negligible, and their effect for as long as I've been using them seems negligible as well.

Thanks for chiming in, though. ^^

By the way, does anyone know of a parser better than this one? (I think this link is ok, since it claims to not be in violation of the ToS, and seems pretty benign.) The way it outputs the data is a little clunky.

Comment

LOL Didn't notice that Auror raised this thread from the dead!
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The dead on this forum page aren't buried very deep.

Comment

sry. thought it was interesting. no one even replied so i wanted to give some thread some closure
              MNK 75 RNG 75 WAR 37 NIN 37

I dont like the look of it

Comment

Working...
              X