X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zafron
    replied
    Well ive capped at tonosama rice balls and i think that is as far as i am taking cooking. I might do Sweet rice cakes after i get haubergeon and ametit+1, but probably not. Fresh mugwarts are rediculous.

In hindsight cooking is not the moneymaker i thought it would be. I knew it wouldn't be nearly as good as other crafts but it is even less profitable than i had hoped. No doubt this is due to the high volume of high level cooks on my server. By diversifying your sales you can do ok, but doing diverse synthing can take hours, because of the insane amounts of ingredients you have to gather for the different items. Even with gobbie bag IV, and 70 inv spaces as well as a mule in all 4 nations it is a real hassle. Other lv60 Freinds in my LS can farm gil about as fast as i can make it from cooking sales.

But dont' get me wrong i am glad i took cooking almost all the way. I get more use out of it for myself and my LS then i would get out of any other craft i think. It is very convienient to be able to consistantly make myself chiefkabobs, and the occasional red curry when i want to go all out so i have no regrets.

Given the relative ease with wich you can level cooking i'd say it is the perfect craft for people who want a craft but don't want to spend alot of time leveling it.

Here is the route i took after 55:

Stone cheese 55-61
    colored egg 61-66
    SanD tea 66-69
    pear au lait 69-72

With no failures and high fame you will break even on stone cheese. Colored eggs and SanD tea is a big loss unless you grow your own ingredients and then it is still a loss. I recomend starting pear au lait at 65. Thats what i would have done except it wasn't in the game until i was already a 69 cook. Pear au lait is super and you will make money leveling off it.

choco milk 72-74
    pamama au lait 74-81

Choco milk is a pain but you can come close to breaking even on it if you do it right. I have a big post about it on pg9 of this thread. After choco milk you will be making money on all your synthing right up until you decide not to level anymore. Pamama au lait is a money maker, has few ingredients, and sells fast. Only thing that would make it more perfect is if it stacked.

pumpkin pie 81-85

Pumpkin pie is another nice money maker so long as you gather the ingredients properly(buy ingredients from npcs not AH). At 5k per stack i was almost sad when i capped it.

rolanberry pie/persikos au lait 85-90

Rolanberry pies and persikos au lait will both make you money. As to wich on is better it is a matter of personal preferance. After trying both i like rolanberry pies, because there are a few things about persikos i don't like. For one you can only get persikos from failed attemps at growing dark elemental ore using tree saplings and dark crystals. This grow takes 3-4 weeks. Basically this means that you have to buy them off AH and even then the availiblility is limited. On top of this persikos au lait is a much more expensive synth than rolanberry pies so failures are alot more costly. Also i noticed that rolanberry pies seem to sell a touch faster for me. So my recomendation is rolanberry pies.

Flint caviar/tonosama rice balls 90-94

Probably the most profitable synth ive done that isnt HQ and extremely convenient. I went from 90 to 94 in a single day. For starters Flint caviar is a lv92 synth, tonosamas are a level 94 synth. But what is so nice is that flint caviar is actually the most difficult ingredient to come by for tonosamas. So while you are leveling your craft synthing cavier you are at the same time stocking yourself with the most expensive ingredient for tonosamas. To do this synth you have to start with an emperor fish and split it into 4 emperor roes with a lighting crystal. Then synth flint cavier using a dark crystal, emperor roe and rock salt to get 3 flint caviers for each roe. Then each flint cavier is good for 2 tonosama rice balls. So even though emperor fish are so expensive 1 fish will yield 2 stacks of tonosamas. The rest of the ingredients for tonosamas are super cheap.

So good luck to all future veteran cooks. I hope you can get as much use out of it as i have been able too. ^^

Leave a comment:

• JP_Ikari
    replied
    I got to 47 with this guide guys, so just stick with it if you are actually going with this craft, it's the truth. Also I didn't start making OJ's til I got to 6, where I don't gain the level's anymore hehe.

Ikari

Leave a comment:

• Daballer
    replied
    Nothing Wrong with the GUIDE !!!

There is nothing wrong with this guide !!!!! I have used it and now I am at lvl 30 in cooking it is a GREAT GUIDE in my opinion !!! Don't know what anyone else is doing wrong for it not to work.

Peace,

Daballer ---- Quatz

Leave a comment:

• Blackwar
    replied
    3.1-6 Orange Juice. Water Crystal + 4x Sautura orange. Oranges are cheapest at vendor near northern exit in Win Water. Money loser. But since the material is cheap, just cope with it.
    yeah this f*cking sucks. I'm doing this now and all i get is fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail WITH image support. Only got .2 skillups now. Yeah, you screwd up there bud this part sucks.

Leave a comment:

• zarish
    replied
    Thank you, very good guide.

I was following this last night from 7 to 13 in no time.

Strange thing though. I was doing Sliced Sardines but at 10 I gave up on them and moved to Sliced Cod at 10. Mainly because I figured I should try for the higher skill item since I was breaking so many crystals and losing sardines.

Here the strange part kicks in. Not one broken crystal or failed synth on the Sliced Cod. I skilled super fast on it, from 10 to 13 in no time. 1 stack of wind & cod was 1 skill point. This was all within the same Vana day that I gave up on Sardines due to failures.

Also Sliced Cod was nice, sells on AH for 900 a stack (very slow), sells to Guild for 768 (64each), and at fame 3 sold to NPC for 624 (52each) a stack.

Leave a comment:

• Daballer
    replied
    Great Help !!!!

I only have 1 Question? About how much money did you need or in fact any one here need to get to the levels that you are all in? I am currently lvl 3 in cooking but haven't really put all my time into it (have mostly been fishing). Please let me know so that I may save up enough to start back up with my cooking.

Thanks, "Daballer" Quatzelcoatl Server

Leave a comment:

• AzzHauler
    replied
    Mysterytour only lists HQ1 for apple pies, so I'd assume there is a single HQ possibility.

Leave a comment:

• MDenham
    replied
    Heh, I don't get the appeal of Rolanberry Pies over Pumpkin Pies, either - the Rolanberry pies don't stack, and they're not THAT much better than the Pumpkin ones.

BTW, what are the HQ2 and HQ3 results on Apple Pies? Is it just 6 and 8 Apple Pie +1s, or are there actual Apple Pie +2/+3s out there?

Leave a comment:

• Zafron
    replied
    pamama capped for me at 81 as well. I don't understand the apeal of rolandberry pies for mages, but they sell well enough. I'm going to try periskos though once i get done with pumpkin. Only having to gather 4 ingredients easily makes up for the fact that it doesn't stack imo.

And does anyone know the cooking skill level of Red Curry? Not that i can afford Dragon meat or anything but i would like to know.

Leave a comment:

• AzzHauler
    replied
    Just a little tid bit. I know mysterytour and alla both say pamama au lait goes to 83, but I hit 81 and didn't get a skill up at all for like 25+ synths. Might have just been bad luck, might be capped at 81...I don't know. Switched up to pumpkin pies and got .5 skill in a stack of ingredients w/ 0 fails (gotta love lightday^^). Anyone have any idea what sells well post-85? I often see rolanberry pies in bazaars, and just the other day saw a person loaded with persikos au lait. Dunno if they sell though ; ;.

Leave a comment:

• Lightwarrior
    replied
    thanks alot for the tips i needed a way to make gil and i making alot now and one thing to help stop the slowing down on things when some people are at high lvls they should just do the most profitable thing at lower lvls and there hindding is lessened and more money is made. I belive that would work because if u do low lvl stuff your skill wont lvl up. Just a thought i should bring up and its my opinin. sry if i spelled that wrong and if it doesnt work could u plz tell me back so i dont do the same mistake! lol

:p

Leave a comment:

• JP_Ikari
    replied
    Originally posted by D0oM
    u use same formula as regular syn's, but getting HQ1 to 3 depends on moon phase/day/skill lvl
    Cool thanks D0oM, i'm at 46 and about to actually be done making Apple Pies without image support, but I wanna make fish kabobs hehe for more defense for me :D.

Ikari

Leave a comment:

• blueoakleyz
    replied
    Great thread but for God's sakes, edit it to be Congratulations lol.

Leave a comment:

• D0oM
    replied
    Originally posted by JP_Ikari
    What's the formula for HQ synths anyway?? HQ1 to 3. Just wondering.

Ikari
    u use same formula as regular syn's, but getting HQ1 to 3 depends on moon phase/day/skill lvl

Leave a comment:

• Zafron
    replied
    Originally posted by Llowyn
    you can take Orange Juice from level 3 clear to level 10.
    This is true, however you lose money sticking with orange juice. Xephoid recommends switching to Sliced Sardines asap because you can sell them for a nice profit whereas orange juice is a flat out loss. Both items take you from 6 to 10, but the question is would you rather gain gil from these levels or lose gil. At your level(character level) obviously the loss is negligible, and the time saved from sticking with orange juice might be worth more to you than the gil lost, but for low level players this might not be the case. So for them the best option will be to get off orange juice as soon as possible.

HQ mithkabob synths:

HQ1 6 chiefkabobs
    HQ2 9 chiefkabobs
    HQ3 12 chiefkabobs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X