Chocobo Raising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocobo Raising

I was not able to find a chocobo section sorry if this is the wrong section but I had a question.

I'm raising a chocobo and I want to make a care shcedule for it but as its an egg theres only 4 plans and theyre all basic pre set plans I wanted to set up a customized plan but I see no option to do so, is there one after my egg is hatched or do I need to set up one of those four plans now?
    Found Online Made by me

Re: Chocobo Raising

First of all, we do indeed have a Chocobo-dedicated forum (to which I miss the old name to):

Chocobo Raising, Racing and Digging

Second of all, those four "Basic Cares" are basically the care (pun unin - ah, screw it, pun intended) plans that are set in place for your chocobo by default. It's your care plan schedule, essentially, and you can change it to other stuff later on in your chocobo's life.

Since you can't go about changing it to any other care plan while it's still an egg, anyway (and I probably wouldn't recommend changing it to anything else for your chick, either), there isn't much you can do with its care plan schedule for the time being. When you are able to change it, however, you can select whichever one in the queue you want, and change it to any available plan for any length of time up to seven days per item in the queue. It should hopefully become apparent when your chick hatches and you go fiddling around with the options that you are given.

One more thing: spam the heck out of "watching over the egg" while you can. It may seem tedious, but having max affection from the word go is worth it, as every action that you take with a hatched chocobo will be limited to either the energy it has for the day (indicated by the HP bar, notice how watching the egg doesn't affect it), or by how much food is already in its stomach (and you kind of don't want to overfeed it, either).

Raising a chocobo is a practice that continues even after your bird retires from the stables, but the days you are raising it matter the most. It can be a tedious, gil-expensive task, but if done right you can end up with an irreplaceable ally (and if you're lucky it can be of a special color, too ). So have fun with it.

For more general information regarding chocobo raising, you can also try FFXIclopedia. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
      to which I miss the old name to
      Oh god, wasn't it something like "Everything Chocobos! KWEEEEHHHHHH!!!!" or something like that? Yeah, that was great.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Something more like "Everything CHOCOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!! Kweh~"

but yeah.
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
          First of all, we do indeed have a Chocobo-dedicated forum (to which I miss the old name to):

Chocobo Raising, Racing and Digging

Second of all, those four "Basic Cares" are basically the care (pun unin - ah, screw it, pun intended) plans that are set in place for your chocobo by default. It's your care plan schedule, essentially, and you can change it to other stuff later on in your chocobo's life.

Since you can't go about changing it to any other care plan while it's still an egg, anyway (and I probably wouldn't recommend changing it to anything else for your chick, either), there isn't much you can do with its care plan schedule for the time being. When you are able to change it, however, you can select whichever one in the queue you want, and change it to any available plan for any length of time up to seven days per item in the queue. It should hopefully become apparent when your chick hatches and you go fiddling around with the options that you are given.

One more thing: spam the heck out of "watching over the egg" while you can. It may seem tedious, but having max affection from the word go is worth it, as every action that you take with a hatched chocobo will be limited to either the energy it has for the day (indicated by the HP bar, notice how watching the egg doesn't affect it), or by how much food is already in its stomach (and you kind of don't want to overfeed it, either).

Raising a chocobo is a practice that continues even after your bird retires from the stables, but the days you are raising it matter the most. It can be a tedious, gil-expensive task, but if done right you can end up with an irreplaceable ally (and if you're lucky it can be of a special color, too ). So have fun with it.

For more general information regarding chocobo raising, you can also try FFXIclopedia. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask.
          Thank you very much yeah I've read alot of guides cuz I really wanted to make a good chocobo my first try so i've already watched over the egg the 100+ times suggested and loaded up on those expensive as hell vomp carrots along with some azouph greens. I'm aiming to make a racer or more so just a quick chocobo for travel.

P.S. What a sad moment it was when I learned it wasn't 29 in game days to raise your chocobo its 29 IRL days. How over the top
          Found Online Made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Wake N' Bake View Post
            Thank you very much yeah I've read alot of guides cuz I really wanted to make a good chocobo my first try so i've already watched over the egg the 100+ times suggested and loaded up on those expensive as hell vomp carrots along with some azouph greens. I'm aiming to make a racer or more so just a quick chocobo for travel.

P.S. What a sad moment it was when I learned it wasn't 29 in game days to raise your chocobo its 29 IRL days. How over the top
            yeah and to fully grow it, its 120 days ;p

if you want a great chocobo, it will cost you too
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Holy shit I just read something rather scary. Is it true it may be impossible for your chocobo to ever learn canter or gallop? I read it may be impossible in some guide without buying cards that both have gallop and canter. If so I may have to scratch my chick that was born today

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

anyone.
              Found Online Made by me

Comment

False. Not impossible, but pretty time-consuming. You basically have to get your bird's Discernment as high as possible and spam the stories that teach them until your bird learns them (get the stories by going on the appropriate walks and learning them from the other chocobo breeders). Fortunately for you, the more physically-oriented abilities can be learned relatively easily at lower levels of Discernment, so you shouldn't have much trouble.

No need to "scratch your chick" at all - you've just started, for crying out loud! Chococards - which are received in the process of breeding one chocobo with another - are merely a method to ensure that a chick may already be born with the ability already learned, or rather inherited, per se. It involves spending more time and gil most sane people wouldn't care to spend (there are some hardcore chocobo fans out there, however), and the otherwise useless Receptivity stat. I managed to get LuckyDancing (my first and only bird, hatched from the egg I got from the quest) to learn Gallop and Burrow just fine, either way.
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                X