Any Red or Green chocobos yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Red or Green chocobos yet?

Well, I tried hard for a red chocobo on my latest attempt. Tried everything that people suspect may influence color: put the egg in Sandy, hatched with a preference toward clear weather, easy going, raised for physical stats, fed strictly San d'Orian Carrots (and one carrot paste & one Vomp Carrot).

I got his personality to change to "patient" while he was still in chick-hood. I felt like I was doing it right for a red.

Lo' and behold, at adolescence, he had blue tips. I heard that there was still a chance he could grow into a yellow adult, but I stayed with the same care, focusing on Endurance first, Strength second despite the Palfrey's supposed disposition of being mentally dominant.

Still he grew into a full on Blue Palfrey. I'm quite pleased, but I've come to some conclusions on color and raising. I don't think anything influences color outside of parents' colors and flat out chance. It was only my second bird ever and both had come from an NPC bought egg.

Anyway, that's my logic for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
      dam... what stats should I focus on for red color?

By what I have read Choco color is based on where you raise it and what attributes you concentrate on raising. Windy is green and intellegence. Bastok is blue and I don't remember what to lvl. Sandy is red and black and strength and endurance for black, intellegence for red. I have also heard rumors of purple chocos popping up on Midgardsormr recently. Not sure about the purple.

Created by Eohmer
      IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE BST IN THE FIGHT, BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE BST!

Comment

It doesn't matter where you raise your chocobo. Color isn't particular to the stables where the raising takes place. Purple doesn't exist. Those are blue chocos lol, people are just confused or the resolution on their computers are off.
        RDM58/WHM46/THF24/SMN22/RNG15/BLM17/WAR15/BLU8

~~RIIAN'S CHOCOBO RANCH~~ VALEFOR SERVER
        check: www.chocobomatchmaker.net for Info/Pics

Comment

My chocobo has just reached adolesant. what can i do to insure it comes out green? raising it in windurst.

Comment

Chocobo color is completely random, aside from parent's genetics. There is no possible way to "raise a green chocobo" or "raise a black chocobo". Affection level has some effect on if it becomes a color or not(high affection will not turn it a diffrent color,but low affection will turn it yellow). Thats the only way you can "control" a chocobo's color, aside from breeding with 2 colored parants. Notice: Do not breed a Black and a Blue thinking that you will get either one and you don't care as long as it;s colored, breeding two diffrent colored chocobos increaces that chance of it being yellow(but there is still a chance for it to be colored)
            Originally posted by Ellipses
            Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
            Originally posted by MCLV
            A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
            More Sig:

Comment

well idk much about this theme but i think if u give a lot of care to ur choco and feeding him/her with asoup grass it can change to blue i hv rised 2 chocos by now and doing this both of em hv change to blue so...i sopouse its beacause that ^^
              anyway there should be a way to make ur choco got to a specific color rising it couse how do ppl get colored chobos in the begining? there should be a careschedule or food that helps the chocobo to get colored...i think ^^

Comment

yeah i have an adolescent with green tips right now but we'll c what happens

Comment

I'm proud to say I have seen both red and green. I also have had 2 red chocobos, one female and one male. Mated my red one with a green one, wound up with my 2nd red one lol. ^_^

Comment

Sorry to resurrect a thread after all this time but does it look like my chocobo will turn out green after all? i've been feeding it 1x azouph green and 1x vomp carrot a day. been taking it out on short/medium walks everyday, and states that my chocobo is ill-tempered.

i know it obviously has a green tone to it, but i've been reading threads and they all seem to mention the "tips" determine the color in which mine look kind of whitish. so is the green an adolescent thing or am i safe?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Reichou View Post
                      Sorry to resurrect a thread after all this time but does it look like my chocobo will turn out green after all? i've been feeding it 1x azouph green and 1x vomp carrot a day. been taking it out on short/medium walks everyday, and states that my chocobo is ill-tempered.

i know it obviously has a green tone to it, but i've been reading threads and they all seem to mention the "tips" determine the color in which mine look kind of whitish. so is the green an adolescent thing or am i safe?
                      The color is determined at the adolescent stage (Least I hope the 3rd stage is the adolescent stage. Egg -> Baby -> Adolescent -> Adult.) so if the feathers have colored tips on them then that'll determine the color. Looks like he'll be green to me.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                      Originally posted by Solymir
                      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

That is most definitely a green chocobo. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                        X