Digging with your chocobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digging with your chocobo

I'm curious what kind of results people have gotten digging with the chocobos they've raised. I've only been out with mine once so far and made a rather poor choice of spending my stacks in Meriphitaud as an initiate rank digger, so I don't really have much to say on the matter yet. I was impressed with the amount of items I was able to dig up though, since it was my first time out since fatigue was implemented. Has anyone managed to teach their chocobo the borrow or bore abilities? Any interesting digs from that?
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: Digging with your chocobo

My first attempt was in the entrance to Selbina, item was Arrowwood Log.

Comment

My results were 3 black chocobo feathers, 3 launa logs, and a bunch of pebbles and stuff. Also my first time ever doing it to so probably added to it. This was in East Sarutabaruta area.

For Bore and Burrow, what I'm hearing is burrow dug up better logs and coins and such more frequently while bore dug up more ores and larger type things.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Are you sure you didn't get yagudo feathers? Black chocobo feathers aren't normally found in Sarutabaruta, and in the zones they're in they are rare or very rare digs.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I had 23 stacks of gysahl greens from raising Wildgrass seeds for choco feed a few times so after I got my whistle I decided to try digging out. I've done it maybe a handful of times before so I'm still at the bottom of the barrel skill-wise. My choco has improved to Substandard Discernment though so that seemed like a plus.

In South Gust I dug up 5 Lizard Molts, a bunch of bone chips, insect wings and other random no-value stuff. In Yuhtunga I found 2 Rosewood Logs, Cinnamon sticks, an Ebony log, more Bone chips, and a Danceshroom.

Comparing my choco with the rental ones I also used I think mine gave slightly better results though the randomizer makes it really hard to be sure. Both had long-ish run with "You dig and dig and find nothing".

Next time out I'll try to keep a more accurate record each way.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            Are you sure you didn't get yagudo feathers? Black chocobo feathers aren't normally found in Sarutabaruta, and in the zones they're in they are rare or very rare digs.
            Quite positive it did. The only two feathers I was getting is black chocobo and yagudo feathers. I threw out the yagudo feathers though.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

My first time out on my bird was amazing, I was hitting approx 25 % items dug up thru E sab and Tahrongi. The next try was in Barimba and results were still better than the rental. The last 2 trips in La Tiene and Jugner proved about the same as a rental approx 1 in 8. My bird has no special stats so I'm guessing my first trips that made me think I had a digging genuis were on the few occassions when no one else was digging in the zone recently.
              Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
              Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
              Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

Bump.

Just curious if anyone has gotten Bore or Burrow abilities yet, and what the results were on their digs?
                Character: Bricklayer
                Server: Ramuh
                31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

I have tried getting the abilities but either those cutscenes to get stories won't happen (took me to day 33 before I got one of the two key item stories) or the chocobo is stubborn about learning them (and it has better than average discernment and regards me as parent).

Its day 41 now, and still no ability.

I went digging with it today and the results were no different than it was with a rental chocobo. So, you won't notice the difference until you get one or both of the abilities.
                  Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                  Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Working...
                  X