Egg warmth to color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg warmth to color

My Linkshell and I are trying to gather some information concerning the ratio from egg type to the result color of the chocobo as an adult.

To help in our research I thought I'd post a thread here for some results across mutiple servers to see if color truly is random, or if there is a pattern from the warmth of the egg to its color.

Re: Egg warmth to color

Something similar to what our LSs been working on. One thing for sure it doesn't look like any warmth has an absolute color generated. It appears that it's possible out of all of them to end up with a yellow chocobo.

So the next thing to work on will be collecting info on how many got what from each warmth. We suspect that the eggs vary in probablility of color it'll generate.

for example:

Faintly: Yellow (50%), Blue (30%), Black (10%), Red (5%), Green (5%)
    Slightly: Yellow (45%), Blue (15%), Black (20%), Red (10%), Green (10%)

And so on..

That's the going theory so far, take a lot of data though to figure it out.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

My egg was "somewhat warm" (came from ISNM) and it yielded a chocobo that had black tailfeathers as a teen and is solid black now that he's fully grown.

Edit: Forgot to mention what server I'm on. I'm on the Ramuh server.
      召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
      San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Originally posted by SharMarali View Post
        My egg was "somewhat warm" (came from ISNM) and it yielded a chocobo that had black tailfeathers as a teen and is solid black now that he's fully grown.

Edit: Forgot to mention what server I'm on. I'm on the Ramuh server.
        It seems that most ISNM eggs turn out Black from the many people who have raised them. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekomieu View Post
          It seems that most ISNM eggs turn out Black from the many people who have raised them. Thanks for the information.
          LS member raised the one from the ISNM, turned out yellow.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Macht View Post
            LS member raised the one from the ISNM, turned out yellow.
            Same thing happened in my LS, after finding out I had a black store bought chocobo he basically asked if I knew a good way to dispose of a body.

And my egg was the 3ed one down on the seller list. (I really should of properly documented this stuff.) and its female.
            Last edited by Thrasher; 09-25-2006, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Urg, everything gets debunked on the information charts. Well, almost everything. I suppose the percentage is higher for rare colors in something like a ISNM egg.

All this conflicting information is making me go crazy. lol

Comment

i honestly think its just random... tell me this, mine had light black (kinda grey) feathers, thought he would turn black, but he is like a dark dark yellow with brown tips? He is very.. confusing looking

Comment

Originally posted by Blaez View Post
                  i honestly think its just random... tell me this, mine had light black (kinda grey) feathers, thought he would turn black, but he is like a dark dark yellow with brown tips? He is very.. confusing looking
                  Er, Blaez... dunno really how to tell you this... check this picture from mcs2319 on the "Choco baby colors" thread you started.

This stuff here is what's in the concept art .dats ATM. I'm guessing the giant honking beaks you see on the second model of each of those is what the new adjustment to the heads of Intelligent chocos is going to look like. If your chocobo isn't one of these colors, you may want to adjust your gamma settings up.
                  From what you just said, my suspicion is that you're playing with the gamma too dark. Your vid card control panel may have an adjustment built in, or if you're using that "other illegal program", it may or may not be in the Scripts folder under an init.ini file or something. You may want to bump it up to say 65% or higher and see if your bird starts looking more like the ones in this picture.
                  Just a thought...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

if a egg is warm it will be female if it is cold it will be male

Comment

My egg came from the ISNM "making a mockery" and turned out blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellrazzor View Post
                        if a egg is warm it will be female if it is cold it will be male
                        Lol, thought this had already been debunked.

Comment

It was, I thought. Even the thread about it on this board was statistically inconclusive due to the small sample size and margin of error. Not exactly sure why he brought it up again and asserted proof of causation. Unless someone has a much better study going than we did, that proof isn't there yet.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitalrez View Post
                            It was, I thought. Even the thread about it on this board was statistically inconclusive due to the small sample size and margin of error. Not exactly sure why he brought it up again and asserted proof of causation. Unless someone has a much better study going than we did, that proof isn't there yet.

Well as far as my LS and I are conserned we don't believe egg warmth to indicate gender. Just doesn't make sense to have 5 eggs to determine 2 genders, it does make sense that 5 eggs could indicate 5 chocobo races.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht View Post
                              Lol, thought this had already been debunked.
                              Yeah I thought that also.. Hell, I can debunk it .. I've had a faintly warm egg turn out male and my current egg was Bit Warm and it was also male. Where as my husband also got male from the same egg, then our friend who is trying to breed with our little group got female. So .. it make have a higher chance for male but who knows?
                              It is curious though, my hubby's chobi has a military personality (but he usually doesn't check it that often - maybe every three days) and mine has a sensitive personality. We're close to seeing which tail feathers they have soon, maybe tomorrow. *Hopes for bluish.*

Comment

Working...
                              X