Official Chocobo Raising database.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Chocobo Raising database.

I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this, but I thought it would be nice if we had all the information about chocobo raising in one nice place for easy pickings. I will update the database as I obtain new information.

******The Chocobo Raising Database*****

I. New chocobo-related items and how to obtain them.
    II. Hatching your Chocobo Egg and raising your Hatchling Chocobo.
    III. Raising your Young Chocobo.
    IV. Raising your Adult Chocobo.
    V. Breeding Chocobos.
    VI. Retired Chocobos

I. New Chocobo-Ralated Items and how to obtain them.

Chocobo Eggs

Chocobo Egg(Faintly Warm) - Sold from Dabih Jajalioh in Ru' Lude for 1040 gil.
    Chocobo Egg(Slightly Warm) - Sold from Dabih Jajalioh in Ru' Lude for 1040 gil.
    Chocobo Egg(Bit Warm) - Sold from Dabih Jajalioh in Ru' Lude for 1040 gil.
    Chocobo Egg(Little Warm) - Obtained from the level 60 ISNMs. 100% Droprate.
    Chocobo Egg(Somewhat Warm) - Obtained from the level 75 ISNMS. 100% Droprate.

Chocobo Food:

Herb Paste - (11 Cooking) Water Crystal, Tokopeko Wildgrass x2, La Thine Millet, Distilled Water, Lizard Egg.
    Vegtable Paste - (22 Cooking) Water Crystal, Gyshal Greens x2, La Thine Millet, Distilled Water, Lizard Egg.
    Worm Paste - (2 Cooking) Water Crystal, Cupid Worm x2, La Thine Millet, Distilled Water, Lizard Egg.
    Carrot Paste - (31 Cooking) Water Crystal, Vomp Carrot x2, La Thine Millet, Distilled Water, Lizard Egg.
    Tokopeko Wildgrass - Brass Pot, Wildgrass Seeds, Water Crystal.
    Garidav Wildgrass - ?
    Cupid Worm - Brass Pot/Porc. Pot, Wildgrass Seeds, Light Crystal
    Parasite Worm - ?
    Gregarious Worm - ?
    Celerity Salad - (75 Cooking) Wind Crystal,Gausebit Grass, Blue Peas, Cupid Worm, La Theine Millet, La Theine Cabbage, King Truffle, Shall Shell, Vomp Carrot(H.Q., Tornado Salad)
    Sharug Greens - ?
    Azouph Greens - Brass Pot, Water Crystal, Wildgrass Seeds
    Vomp Carrot - Brass Pot, Wildgrass Seeds, Earth Crystal
    Zegham Carrot - ?
    Chocolixer - (81 Alchemy) Light Crystal, Mistletoe, Revival Tree Root, Gold Leaf, Royal Jelly, Distilled Water(H.Q. High Chocolixer)

Other Items:

VCS Registration Card - An identification card for a retired chocobo.
    Chococard(M) - An identification card for a male chocobo.
    Chococard(F) - An identification card for a female chocobo.
    La Thine Millet - Sold by the 3 nations Chocobo Stables for ~2k.
    VSC Honeymoon Ticket - A licence used for breeding chocobos.
    Chocolixer - (81 Alchemy) Light Crystal, Mistletoe, Revival Tree Root, Gold Leaf, Royal Jelly, Distilled Water(H.Q. High Chocolixer)

II. Hatching your Chocobo Egg and raising your Hatchling Chocobo.

After you obtain a Chocobo Egg, you need to trade it to a Chocobo Trainer in one of the three starting nations. They are - Hantileon(San D' Oria), Zopago(Bastok) and Pulonono(Windurst). There are also three "Chocoguys" that will teach you about raising chocobos.

Although you cannot dirrectly interact with your chocobo as an egg, SE says it will still be aware of you watching over it.

After your Chocobo Egg hatches, you need to assign it a name. Like with Wyverns, NPCs and Puppets, you chose the names(the chocobo gets 2) from a list. Unlike verns and pups, the name is permanant untill you get a new chocobo.

Some time during this stage your chocoboshould fall into avery long slumber. It is not quite clear how do get out, but the white kandkerchief seems to have somethingto do with it.

III. Raising your Young Chocobo.

If you do not set a care plan for your chocobo, a 7 day basic care plan will be implemented. You can change or add onto your chocobos current care plan at any time. Though the stable owners will take care of all the basic needs for your chocobo, it is recomended to visit it periodicly or it may run away. The hatchling chocobos may also have plans from the following lists.

- Caring for Young Chocobos
    Several more care options will become available when your chocobo reaches this stage of development. Your chocobo will now be able to travel far and wide, but will also become susceptible to injury and illness if not cared for properly. If you leave your young chocobo alone for long periods of time, it might just decide to run away from home!

You can see the condition of a chocobo you are raising by speaking with the VCS trainer and selecting the option “Ask about chocobo's condition.”

Physical
    - Strength: Affects the chocobo’s running speed.
    - Endurance: Affects chocobo riding duration.

Mental
    - Discernment: Affects the chocobo’s potential to learn abilities.
    - Receptivity: Affects the chocobo’s ability to communicate with fellow chocobos.

Other attributes
    - Energy: The power the chocobo needs to remain active. Affects the success of care plans and the frequency of care options.
    - Affection: The most important part of chocobo raising. Greatly affects the success of care plans.
    - Satisfaction: Changes with feeding and affects energy recovery.

IV. Raising your Adult Chocobo.

- Caring for Adult Chocobos
    Your fully grown chocobo can now be called as a mount, and also become a candidate for matchmaking.

Once this peak of growth has been reached, your chocobo will gradually approach retirement age.

Chocobo Mounts
    To be able to call your chocobo as a mount, speak to the VCS trainer and select the option “Register to call your chocobo.”
    The status of the chocobo you call will be based on the condition of the chocobo at the time of registration. An enchanted item known as a “chocobo whistle” is necessary to actually call your chocobo. Equipping the chocobo whistle and using the enchantment will summon your chocobo.

Before you can ride your chocobo, you need to complete aquest from the Sandy stable owner to find the handkerchiefyour chocobo has hidden.

*You cannot register multiple chocobos to call as mounts. Also, it is necessary to re-register a chocobo to take advantage of subsequent growth and development.
    *You must possess a chocobo license to be able to call a chocobo.

V. Breeding Chocobos.

Matchmaking
    Once your chocobo has reached a mature stage of development, it is possible to match it with other chocobos. The resulting offspring may exhibit the attributes or coloring of its parents.

- Chococards
    You can receive a chococard by speaking with the VCS trainer and selecting the “Ask for a chococard” option.
    This chococard is a chart that contains your chocobo’s vital statistics. There are chococards for both male and female chocobos: chococard (M) and chococard (F).

- The Matchmaking Process
    1. Obtain the chococards for the chocobos you wish to match.
    2. Speak to the NPC Finbarr in Upper Jeuno to purchase a VCS honeymoon ticket.
    3. Trade the following items to Finbarr:
    Chococard (M)
    Chococard (F)
    VCS honeymoon ticket

VI. Retired Chocobos.

- Matchmaking and Riding Retired Chocobos
    Trade the VCS registration card to the VCS trainer. You will then have the option to obtain a chococard or register to call your chocobo.

Have fun Chocoing!

EDIT: Added gardening "respies" for Cupid Worm, Vomp Carrots.
    EDIT: Added information about chocobo raising directly from SE. Anything in quotes not listed otherwise is direct from SE, unedited.
    Last edited by Onionsoilder; 09-21-2006, 03:03 PM.
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Re: Official Chocobo Raising database.

eggs are for sale already?
    God helps men because they are great.
    Men are great because God helps them.
    http://sleeplionheart.blog63.fc2.com/
    Hana ha Sodatsu|| FFXI Haiku

Comment

You might want to add ghysal greens. I'm wondering how you've confirmed that all of those items are chocobo food. But, I've been gone for a month.

Also, it would be sweet if you could find any info on the stats that we will be able to modify with various breeding/raising/feeding methods.

Finally, a section for chocobo armor might be a good idea. SE said they would allow us to equip our chocobo with items that would modify various stats and abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitlourde
        You might want to add ghysal greens. I'm wondering how you've confirmed that all of those items are chocobo food.
        Try going here to Somepage

Comment

The chocobo Eggs where added July 24th, but they where recently confirmed how to obtain them. As I am not 75 yet, I cannot conmirm the last egg, suposedly droped from the level 75 ISNMs. I left the normal Greens out because they have been in the game for a while, but when I obtain information on how the various foods effect raising of chocobos, I will surely add them in that section. If the time comes where we can equip our chocobos, I will add it then.

And yes, the item section of this guide closely mirrors Somepages Item Database. That is where I got most of the information, though some are from first hand experience. Somepage dosn't, and probably will never have guides to quests though, and Mysterytour and Allakhazam is filled with spam, so I figured it would be a good idea to have a general guide here.
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Pitlourde View Post
            Also, it would be sweet if you could find any info on the stats that we will be able to modify with various breeding/raising/feeding methods.
            I've been looking everywhere for a food stat list and found nuffin

Comment

Originally posted by Sorencia View Post
              I've been looking everywhere for a food stat list and found nuffin
              That's because we're the pioneers; it's a work in progress from all the players. Where was the map for Lewis and Clark? ^^

Maybe a moderator should move this thread to the Everything Chocobo forum?
              edit: ooh! Fast service!
              Last edited by Nakti; 09-21-2006, 02:20 PM.
              They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Nakti View Post
                That's because we're the pioneers
                Did you know.... that I am a Pi-o-nee-r?

*breaks into song*

No? Nobody? Tenchi?
                Wevrain - Shiva

Comment

WowI practically abandoned this guide... I guess I better update it O.o
                  More Sig:

Comment

It's hard to quantify food or care plan stats into hard numbers because there are no visible numbers associated with a chocobo's attributes

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Ehh, probably better off contributing to the stuff on this site:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Chocobo_Raising_Guide

Or better still:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Chocobo_Raising

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                        It's hard to quantify food or care plan stats into hard numbers because there are no visible numbers associated with a chocobo's attributes
                        That hasn't stopped me from trying...

Chocobo Food Satisfaction

Everyone can help to contribute by telling me the hunger status just before and after a food. If you can feed the same food in a row at least a couple of times, this helps me even more.
                        They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Where do you obtain wildgrass seeds? I'm thinking I might want to garden some of these things instead of buy them, since people seem to enjoy jacking up the prices on popular items.
                          sigpic
                          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
                            La Thine Millet - Sold by the 3 nations Chocobo Stables for ~2k.
                            VSC Honeymoon Ticket - A licence used for breeding chocobos.

Some time during this stage your chocoboshould fall into avery long slumber. It is not quite clear how do get out, but the white kandkerchief seems to have somethingto do with it.
                            A couple things...

La Thiene Millet is not sold @ all 3 nations, just the #1 nation.
                            Minor typo, should be VCS honeymoon ticket

"Some time during this stage your chocobo could fall into avery long slumber." - Minor detail, but I know more people that this didn't happen to than ones that did.

Wildgrass seeds are obtained on the dock, before you go past the Galka in Whitegate. NPC on the left.
                            Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                            I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggai View Post
                              La Thiene Millet is not sold @ all 3 nations, just the #1 nation.
                              Sadly, this isn't true either or I could've gotten it from the Bastok stables when we were in first. No matter who's first, I've only found it from Freudelomant (sp??) near the Sandy stables for (~2000 gil each, non-stackable).

Comment

Working...
                              X