Scorpion Arrow Skillup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion Arrow Skillup

Has anyone gone the route of capping skill at 49 with Horn Arrow, and then immediately moving to Scorpion Arrow? I'm wondering 2 things really- I know I'll lose a bunch of mats early on with this synth- but it has the benefit of having stackable mats, being a profitable synth, and saving my RNG a ton of money on Ammo. Is this route worth it, considering the amount of mats I'll lose early on? Would you use this route again, if you could do it over?

1 more thing- if you didn't use this route, what did you use? (Excluding alternate arrow routes, b/c noone makes the elemental arrowsheads on my server.)
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Re: Scorpion Arrow Skillup

Originally posted by Szkol View Post
    Has anyone gone the route of capping skill at 49 with Horn Arrow, and then immediately moving to Scorpion Arrow? I'm wondering 2 things really- I know I'll lose a bunch of mats early on with this synth- but it has the benefit of having stackable mats, being a profitable synth, and saving my RNG a ton of money on Ammo. Is this route worth it, considering the amount of mats I'll lose early on? Would you use this route again, if you could do it over?

1 more thing- if you didn't use this route, what did you use? (Excluding alternate arrow routes, b/c noone makes the elemental arrowsheads on my server.)
    Scorpion arrow is what level 59? I'm pretty sure I did that. Some people believe in facing directions and such and I'm one of them. You'll lose materials either way since its 10 levels but you want to minimize that as much as you can. If I'm crafting something that I'm at least 10 levels under, this is what I do:

1. Only craft on days where the crystal is strongest, day of crystal and day crystal is strong against something else. (eg. Earth Crystal - Earthsday, Earth - Crystal - Lightningsday.)

2. Get Synth Support from guild.

3. Depends on whether you feel really superstitious or not, grab a ELE staff the same element as the crystal. (Earth Staff - Earth Crystal)

4. Face direction for synth success. (Earth Success South)

Have at it.

After you get to about 54-55 you can try taking the staff off and synth on anyday except windsday. At around 56-57 you can stop getting synth support and start facing Southeast and synth on windsday.

My goldsmithing is 22 and I'm pretty sure when I was leveling it that I went from like 11/12 - 20ish from silver ingots just crafting on firesday with synth support back in the day. That was back when those sold for 40-50k a stack.

In alchemy I went about 73-81 on Bloody Bolt heads by just facing wind success direction with wind staff and synth support.
    Last edited by Durahansolo; 12-04-2008, 06:30 AM.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I do believe that days/directions/ etc. make a difference, but I have to tell you, I finished capping on Horn Arrow last night during Windsday, and I had the most consistent skillups that I have ever experienced. I'd say that I skilled up on about 90% of my synths.

I'm not sure how the moon phase affects this, but- anyways, yeah these are things I'll be taking into account. Thanks!
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Szkol View Post
        I do believe that days/directions/ etc. make a difference, but I have to tell you, I finished capping on Horn Arrow last night during Windsday, and I had the most consistent skillups that I have ever experienced. I'd say that I skilled up on about 90% of my synths.

I'm not sure how the moon phase affects this, but- anyways, yeah these are things I'll be taking into account. Thanks!
        EDIT: Full Moon is Success/Skillup is New moon is HQ.

Whenever you are close to the cap, you will most likely get more skillups on a day that is opposite to your crystal. Especially if you are within 1-2 levels you'll notice there will be a big slowdown if you craft on a day the crystal is strong. Closer you get to 60 the harder it'll get. When you are lower level you'll see alot of .2-.3 skillups but near 60 you'll see more .1's and they get harder to come by closer to 100.
        Last edited by Durahansolo; 12-04-2008, 08:39 AM.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Never seen that chart before^ excellent resource. I've never seen all that information laid out quite so clearly- thanks!

Comment

You might find the crafting timer useful too, then.
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

Wow-

I've heard of the crafting timer but I figured it was just what it sounded like- that's pretty cool. Thanks!

Comment

I tried going directly from horn arrows to scorpions, but no matter what, phase of the moon, direction, support, whatever I broke everything and got no skillups. I made a stack of mahogany lumber first and then a few great clubs, and that got me close enough to make it work. Mahogany lumber is a huge loss if you don't sell it back, but Great clubs are a guild point item, so you might want to hang on to them anyways.

Comment

You can also stack up on furniture that is of the element of the crystal you are using. The more you have the less likely you are to loose mats when you fail a syn. Sometimes its a high inistial cost but pays off over time...especially at higher levels. And a must if your planning on taking it to 100, in my oppinion at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Laynton View Post
                    You can also stack up on furniture that is of the element of the crystal you are using. The more you have the less likely you are to loose mats when you fail a syn. Sometimes its a high inistial cost but pays off over time...especially at higher levels. And a must if your planning on taking it to 100, in my oppinion at least.
                    does that help at all with success? Or just limiting loss on the breaks? Artisan's Advantage is a lie btw

Comment

Originally posted by ffxiclopedia
                      Artisan's Advantage: The chance of losing ingredients in a failed synthesis attempt is drastically reduced while the crafter has Synthesis Image Support from their respective guild.
                      The Kupopowers weren't around back when I was crafting, so I don't even know how well this works with break losses.

also, info on moghancements http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Moghancements
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by shouki View Post
                        does that help at all with success? Or just limiting loss on the breaks? Artisan's Advantage is a lie btw
                        As far as I know it helps you not to loose mats when you fail. I dont know if there's evidence out there to support that it increases success rate but from my personal experience I believe that it does. similar to crafting compass and elemental staffs, if you believe that that stuff helps.

Reading other forums about desynthing stuff they say that you should stack up on lightning based furniture and it will help to decrease the chance of breaks, which in turn increases the chance of success.

Comment

Working...
                        X