Is furniture more popular now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is furniture more popular now?

As i was goldfishing for the prize to make a goldfish aquarium today, the thought struck me "Do people buy more furniture now that they can go into each others mog houses?".

Since the patch to go into each other's moghouse has been out for a while and the new has worn off, do players like to show off what they have in the house as much as what they wear? More importantly is it profitable?

Right now my ww is in the mid 50's and I still have not taken anything past 60, so it is still an option for me. I have noticed that a lot of the newer furniture is in the 70's and up. I am sure that there are better money makers out there but there is always that sentimental attachment to some things.

Re: Is furniture more popular now?

I don't know because I don't have historical data, but this will tell you how popular a given piece is right now.

Browse - FFXIAH.com

Comment

I have browsed the ah page a little. I was just wondering if there were any woodworkers out there that might have had a increase in sales or request for furniture.

Comment

I don't think that more people buy furniture because of being able to go in peoples' mog houses. I think there are a small group of people that like the unique and funky pieces to show off and the majority that like the larger storage pieces for expanding the amount they can store. The money is in the larger storage pieces imo.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I would add that since SE raised the storage capacity of most common pieces of "large" furniture (the most popular kind, depending on element), there will most likely be a decrease in demand from people who are running out of room. After amassing a certain amount of treasure in one's house, one begins to weigh function against form, and when I don't have room for my new Rare/Ex item, I begin to look at min/maxing my furniture to give me 80 storage (max) with the minimum number of pieces.

If any boost happened as a result of the "Mog House Visit" novelty, it was probably dealt its killing blow with the storage increase.

Bookshelf ftw.

Obviously you have to look at the top item in each element as well and make sure that it doesn't overwhelm the Crafting furniture for the element. The strength of crafting moghancements is 9 and 10 for Moghancement and Moglification respectively, so furnitures with strength greater than that are not likely to be purchased by crafters.

For instance, I am an Alchemist, and my MH/ML: Alchemy is Lightning based, so I have filled my house with:

Consoles

In addition, I also have a Noble's Bed for times when I feel I might die, and of course my Wastebasket which I can put on Desynthesis for when I go mining and I like to keep my mission flags, chocobo plaques, and flower pots.

Functional furniture will always be more popular than novely furnishings like fish tanks.

Comment

Generally speaking, the spending habits of the people who like to decorate their moghouses will remain largely unchanged after that update.

I like to decorate my moghouse, I like fixing up my moghouse a certain way, going for that botanist/naturalist look. Unlike Sabaron and many other crafters though, I decorate for looks and I don't care about the mog enhancement so long as it isn't fishing.

And to give you an idea of the type of moghouse person I am, I camped the AH for months for a Beta Tank.

However, don't discount an area on the AH just because you don't see alot of people flocking there to buy it. Furniture has alot of things going for it that are somewhat unique. You can't HQ furniture, so you won't see prices plummet since there are no HQs. There are no cheaper desynths for furniture (no getting a desk out of a Gigas Sock!) And the higher level crafters may not consider furniture to be worthwhile, alot of the woodworkers that I know are interested in high profit/risk items such as HQ elemental staffs. I myself prefer consumables and items used for ingredients, so like for instance I like making and selling lumber and stuff.

So the furniture market has a number of things going for it. And there will be people like me who want the, perhaps it'd be best to call them luxury furniture. They may not sell fast, but I'd say that there is probably a bit more profit in them. I'd say that it's worth dabbling in, but I also think that if you want to use a craft for gil, you need to diversify. So I'd be making furniture that I know people will want and that will sell, and I'd also be making some of the luxury pieces, amongst other things.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Working...
            X