Best Sub for WW-- rehashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Sub for WW-- rehashed

Ok so I read the other post that was closed out and I am still curious as to which subcraft will be best for Woodworking overall. Yea at some point I will get to lvling them all to 60, but which do you think will be best to start with if I have no other Sub craft higher than lvl 6? I mainly want to do WW cause I like WW in RL ( my actual hobby when not playing), but also would like to turn a good profit and I know that making Weapons and armor for the masses would be great.

Most of the stuff I do make I end up sharing with my LS in an exchange type situation, I make stuff for them, in turn someone with diferent craft makes something for me. So in the end it works out, but I would like to make more than just arrows, bolts, furniture and staffs at some point
    Dahc Ramuh server
    San D'Oria Rank 6
    RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Re: Best Sub for WW-- rehashed

I think you may wantto look into alchemy. With it you can make many status arrows. Alchemy is pretty lucrative on its own as well some good guides out there. (tsaura,mercuy,venom dust, poison pots) will take you up till about 18-20. You can bridge the gaps with arrow heads which you can turn into arrows and turn a profit.

later you get silent oil, prism powder, echo drops all things all charecters have on them at all times. so demand is good. (find some who can fam stuff and strike a deal)

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Comment

Hmm Inever really considered Alchemy. I wil have to look into this. thanks
      Dahc Ramuh server
      San D'Oria Rank 6
      RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

I think you may need alchemy for staves as well for the magical properties. (not 100%) though.

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

As far as I know the Elemental staves are Woodworking skill only. you do however need to buy the beads from goldsmith guild. or if you got high lvl goldsmithing u can syth the ore into the beads. Either way it is crazy expensive. not looking to do many of those, but I am sure I will try one when I get that high in lvl
          Dahc Ramuh server
          San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

hq's range 400-600K now

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

Intresting, but how much does the mats sell for ? what is the overall profit from 1 Hq Staff?
              Dahc Ramuh server
              San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

Mageo is incorrect.

If you want to make the status arrows all by yourself from scratch, you will need a lvl 14 Smithing skill in order to make the status boltheads as well as a fairly high Alchemy skill for some of the status bolts and materials. The two most commonly used status bolts, Acid and Holy, require a lvl 45 and 53 Alchemy skill respectively, as well as a lvl 14 Smithing skill.

To make the bolts, any bolts I believe, with just the materials, then you only need a Woodworking skill of 16.

Different sub skills come into effect for what you want to do.

If you want to go into consumables, then you don't really need another subcraft unless you want to craft the ingredients yourself.

If weapons, then Smithing and Goldsmithing.

If furniture, then Goldsmithing and Weaving.

There are some offhand gil synths that you can do that require Leatherworking or Bonecraft, but as I said those are the offhand gil synths and you're asking which subcraft will get you the most, and I just don't know if you want to lock yourself into 1 or 2 synths.

Keep in mind that if you go for the weapon gil synths, then 99% of the time only the HQ synth will net you any real profit because the HQ bows have alot more +stats on them. Few people who are serious about ranged weapons buy anything other than the +1s.

You don't need any subskills for most of the things I would be expecting you to make for profit. For the rest... If I was going into Woodworking I'd go into furniture and the mogsafe quest beds for my other gil synths, so I'd lvl Weaving and Goldsmithing myself.

You'll have to look into it, but you might want to consider getting some of the Woodworking Key Items over leveling a subcraft first. Lumberjack should be usefull, and some of the enchanted wood items may be worth some big gil synths, might not, but take a look into it.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I will have to look into if I want to make weapons or furniture as I can see the profit in both of those things. I do intend to get a few key items very soon. One being the Wood enscorcellment key Item for making Warp cudgels. Right now they AH for 9k a pop on my server, but haveing to buy the ethereal oak lumber far outways the profit. If I made them with the key Item I would make a small profit, given that I farm the oak logs myself as well.
                  Dahc Ramuh server
                  San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

I leveled bone in order to make kaburas. Use them on my ranger and they turned a tidy profit for quite awhile (even with buying all the mats). You'd have to check the ah now to see how it goes, but it should still be atleast slightly profitable given the high level of the craft and hi-lvl subcraft.
                    Staves, have to check your server's AH, as well. Last time I checked it was tough to make much at all on the HQ's even with 100+3 skill and adv. synth support.
                    I never got too into varying my investments, really only made ammo, as it was was always profitable in larger amounts and sold rather quickly. Like they said, alchemy is good for lowering you costs on production of certain ammos. And remember, the numbers they posted are caps, to get the HQ's you'll want to go much higher than that to get to the higher tiers of HQ's. Its been awhile, but i believe they're at 11, 31, and 51 levels above cap and those are affected by guild items and synth support.
                    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

cool ty for the info. I am not really to conserned with the Elem staffs really. I am really just wanting to do WW cause I do it in RL and I love it. As far as making a profit, I find the ammo items turn fast, especially shihei. Arrows not so much these days but I can definately fill my bazaar and sell Shihei rather quickly. I think I going to go lvl Clothcrafting and goldsmithing so I can make better furniture........ can you say milionaire's Desk
                      Dahc Ramuh server
                      San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

shihei is turning a profit again? it has been a long time since I last checked synthing for profit. Last time I looked at it, it was rough to make a profit even at 51+ levels above cap.
                        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

It been doing a good profit in my Bazaar at 15 gil a piece so it comes to 1485 a stack so while not a great profit it does fly out of my bazaar. Usually to ppl I end up ptying with and we are out in the feild no where near an AH and they either forgot to get some or want extra
                          Dahc Ramuh server
                          San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

Well as long as people are giving you free materials to skill up with anything sold can be a profit I suppose. You're lucky in this case

Comment

As I won't say that it is a huge profit margin..... it does help and most of the time if I am making something to skill up on my LS mates send me mats and I in turn send them the items
                              Dahc Ramuh server
                              San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

Working...
                              X